It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: NY Passes Gay Marriage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well that sucks...

there goes the neighborhoods

Ultimately laws have no right in private lives. There should be no law for gay marriage, there should be no laws regarding any marriage.

Federal Laws and State Laws should never dictate morals, and legislating public correctness should be done away with as Ron Paul says.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Well one the states moved out of the dark ages!

49 to go?
Whatever I hate geography so I will go check.........
Yes 49 to go. states in usa
Also I am lazy tonight.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Cheers! Now can I hear the crowd chant "no new taxes"?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Actually 5 states have already legalized same-sex marriage. New York is the 6th. 44 more to go!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Good.

This circus will be repeated in the future with polygamy/polynadry, then possibly human-animal marriage, then maybe human-thing marriage and who knows what, then someone will see the light and abolish marriage as a legal institution regulated by government. Then we will look back and laugh at how stupid we were, similar to how we laugh on laws regulating adultery, or black people, or criminalizing homosexuality.

edit on 25/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
As these times will come to pass before the Good Lord comes back i believe. No matter how unfortunate it is.

It is an abomination of two men/women being married under the union God provided for a man and a woman. I mean if it was civil rights marriage with the States giving the marrine , but not Marriage where you declare before God...

You can call me a Homophobe or whatever , be Gay if you want , you have been told and told about it and you made your decision , just dont understand why you want to be Married in God's eyes , why not provoke a CIVIL UNION instead of Marriage?
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

And I am sure that you have been "told and told" that religion is made up by humans. Yet, you still harp on about it as though it's real. Bugger off and take your false crap with you.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Sad day for America but utterly predicted, nothing unexpected. All going like clockwork.

And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground."
Isaiah 21:9b.

Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed. Jeremiah 51:8.

And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Revelation 14:8.

"And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies."
Revelation 18:2, 3

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Sad day for America but utterly predicted, nothing unexpected. All going like clockwork.

I thought your god was an awesome loving god, not one of hate and violence, oh wait, thats a different god, my bad.

What ever happened to "judge not, least you be judged"
"Do unto others as you would have done unto you"
edit on 25-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
I disagree with this "law", not because I am anti gay, not because I believe "marriage" should only be between a man and a woman, nor any religious reasoning. Why then, you ask. Because it is one more level of regulation and ultimately control over the individuals natural rights. Now had the "law" been "The state shall no longer regulate the terms of marriage between individuals" it would have my support.
edit on 24-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

Oh please... Homosexuals have every right to be as miserable as the rest of us. Let them get married

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

I disagree with this "law", not because I am anti gay, not because I believe "marriage" should only be between a man and a woman, nor any religious reasoning. Why then, you ask. Because it is one more level of regulation and ultimately control over the individuals natural rights. Now had the "law" been "The state shall no longer regulate the terms of marriage between individuals" it would have my support.
edit on 24-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

Oh please... Homosexuals have every right to be as miserable as the rest of us. Let them get married

Obviosuly you didnt comprehend what I posted, its not my business what people decide to call their relationship and damn sure isn't the governments business.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Easy killer.... it was a joke. Didnt the
give it away?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground."
Isaiah 21:9b.

Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed. Jeremiah 51:8.

And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Revelation 14:8.

"And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies."
Revelation 18:2, 3

And what if the posers that wrote whats in the christian bible actually meant Babylon? Or is it metaphor? In which case the whole thing is? Or just the parts that you decide are? What's more, that was all a couple of thousand years ago lol

I'd gladly take my place in your fake hell just for gettin' it on with another guy in front of your house.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Great for New Yorkers! Here in California, we are still fighting against prop 8. Justice and for all!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

You should be fighting to get government out of your personal life, not letting it get more involved. The more you think government is the solution the more rights you loose. There is but one solution to Government and that is Anarchy

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I disagree with this "law", not because I am anti gay, not because I believe "marriage" should only be between a man and a woman, nor any religious reasoning. Why then, you ask. Because it is one more level of regulation and ultimately control over the individuals natural rights. Now had the "law" been "The state shall no longer regulate the terms of marriage between individuals" it would have my support

Hi kindred.
I totally understand your position. And ultimately, I don't think the state should be involved in marriage either.

But I see this as removing a level of regulation. Before, the regulation stated that only men and women could marry. Now, that restriction is removed - that regulation lifted - and all people are free to marry. So, while this is certainly not ideal, it's a step in the right direction, IMO. A step in the direction of equality and individual liberty.

And to be fair, the state doesn't even HAVE to be involved in our marriages. We ASK for them to grant us a license. We don't have to be legally married to live together or to be "married".

And I couldn't be happier! Woo-Hoo!
Congratulations, New York!

Yesterday was my 19th anniversary. This is the best gift!!
edit on 6/25/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I am very glad this has happened. I know some awesome gay people....and they are in committed relationships. Love is love....also....it is the condition of someones soul and spirit that heaven looks at.....there are many souls that were gay when they were here on earth...and they passed on to heaven.

(The Bible was written by men (saying it is the word of god when it really isn't) for the purpose of controlling the masses through fear. So please don't quote scripture to me...it won't change my mind.)

I am also thinking about all the wonderful homes many children will be placed in when many of these wonderful married gay couples adopt.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is not about government regulating about private life of people... It's about the rights and obligations they have to status of long term commitment. And the rights this guaranty for the partner in many hard time moments:

- visiting rights to hospital
- adopt a children
- divorce
- Inheritance if they build together a Estate
- many more (but my english vocabulary is restricted to add more examples)

This what really matters... they don't give a damn about what the church think about them.
edit on 25/6/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You all worry about 2012, asteroids and stupid things like that... this is a much more serious sign of the end.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
since courts seem to rule in favor of the female in divorce settlements, i wonder how this is gonna play out with gay couples. will they choose the she-male or the she-female to side with? or will it mix the whole thing up? i can see hetero males citing cases in which the she-male/he-male won custody/alimony, etc, on the same exact grounds, in their own defense.
edit on 25-6-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I really wish there was an ignore button - exclusively for bible quotes.

If you believe it - fine - keep it in your own house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join