It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants get drivers liscence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Perhaps then, we shall flood Mexico with our own immigrants and demand they take care of us..........

Skadi the scorcher..

Yeah, let's go South of the border and start demanding they give us land and rights and government benefits - and demand they speak English! Let's see how far the GRINGO gets.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
[
Skadi the scorcher..

Yeah, let's go South of the border and start demanding they give us land and rights and government benefits - and demand they speak English! Let's see how far the GRINGO gets.

Scorched what exactly???(lame)

When exactly did any latin americans ever demand lands???? or demand that american speak spanish????

They have every right to have spanish speaking resturaunts and stores...I have a friggin polish deli down the street and I dont know what the hell he says but damn the food is good and im glad hes here.

They only ask for benifits because they are paying taxes for it.

Unalienable rights for all men created equal..period

justify your own selfishness all you want.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigtex007
That when I go into a store or restaurant they have spanish signs up that I CAN'T READ!

I do believe you mentioned restaurant above..no?

Let me clarify this statement. I was meaning restaurants and stores in general. I was not talking about specific ethnic restaurants.

Freedom of speech included the right to speak what ever language you choose...Theres nothing in the constitution only protecting the freedom of speech but only if its in english.

And isn't it my freedom to speak about my dislikes and opinions on these subjects?

Isn't it my right to be angered by this? I believe it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

That when I go into a store or restaurant they have spanish signs up that I CAN'T READ!

I do believe you mentioned restaurant above..no?

Let me clarify this statement. I was meaning restaurants and stores in general. I was not talking about specific ethnic restaurants.

And isn't it my freedom to speak about my dislikes and opinions on these subjects?

Then what exactly was your point about ....quote"That when I go into a store or restaurant they have spanish signs up that I CAN'T READ!"

You dont even make sense....You say thats a general statement....a general statement about WHAT??

And trust me...I never even approached the thought that you werent allowed to voice your opinions

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It was a general statement about general typical stores in the United States of America.

I don't understand why you are having trouble comprehending this.

When I go into a restaurant, lets say for example Burger King, McDonalds, The Outback, take your pick. I should be able to read the signs that are in there. In America we speak english. If I wanted to live in Mexico or Spain, I would speak spanish, if I wanted to live in France, I would speak french. Get it? ...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Since when does the "TYPICAL" store in america have no english signs up??

Lol..I have been to very very very few burger kings ect that only have spanish signs...

your making statements bordering on complete ridiculousness.

Freedom of speech includes all languages...GET IT?

I don't understand why you are having trouble comprehending this.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by bigtex007]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Perhaps then, we shall flood Mexico with our own immigrants and demand they take care of us..........

Hate to tell Ya'll this, but i've been to Mexico many times. and you'll find more Engish speaking Hispanic people there than you will in TX or Cali. It seems the ones that come here Illegally have little to no desire to even try to assimilate or learn the language.
Most of thier Children can't speak it either, and then they get pissy about why we don't have more Spanish speaking teachers.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Isn't having a least a little information on an illegal better than having no inforamtion at all. And in my opinion a big red hexagon would mean the same thing in english, spanish , french,. I havnt seen any restuarnts or stores with only spanish written on their signs but who know...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
of this is to get illegal immigrants to pay taxes. tax id=drivers license.
Im still not for this

These people are thieves because they do not pay fed taxes...or state ..or ..or school tax (even though their illigal children are allowed to attend school)...That is, after they get their free inoculations and physicals. Everyone uses the same SS # for their free healthcare..freeee freee freee.............Its all on you and me

www.mayorno.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS DRIVING AROUND WITHOUT INSURANCE. This makes our insurance rates ASTRONOMICAL in Arizona.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
How is a person who cannot read or write english gonna know what the DO NOT ENTER sign says??????

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

So by that reasoning your are not a equal unless you were born here...

Equality is not the issue. Illegally entering the country and being rewarded with a license is. This is just plain wrong. If someone less fortunate breaks the law, it's o.k. because they're less fortunate and we're all equal, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join