It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants get drivers liscence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I am not sure how many people have heard about it but i just saw this on the news the other night about immigrants being able to get a drivers licence(sp) this seems like a preety good idea because it benefits the government to at least have something on record on the immigrants who are already in the US than having nothing. that wasy they can at least get a adress or something and information ad finger prints whichmight help the war on terror please post our opinions.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
maybe i should have posted this earlier. makes me sad to see no one has posted their opinions

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If you are a legal immigrant, you have already had your fingerprints taken bazillion times. If you are illegal, you won't be able to get a license anyway, as of a few years ago. They'll ask for you your SSN and check it.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Giving illegals drivers liscences, are we? or is this legals?

legal immigrants? Good. They are here legally, and deserve access to anything we have access to.

if they are illegal? Well.................. since they arent gonna deport them, what the hell then?

But, it had better be an actual exam for them to get the liscence. Not just a written, but also must take the driving test to show they can drive on our roads obeying our laws. This might be somewhat of a blessing, as illegals need driving education since they drive all over our roads. This aint Mexico, we actually have traffic laws here. Maybe making them take tests and learn how to drive on our roads will reduce accidents.

The one moving accident I have ever been in was when a car full of unliscesed illegals struck me and took off my side panel as they sped around a corner in a left turn without looking, stopping, ect.

Since were doing nothing to stop them or deport them, at least make them less of a nuisance on the roadways. And hopefully, they will also get insurance, and hardly any of them have it.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If an ILLEGAL immigrant goes into the emergency room for help, he should be reported to the authorities and deported.

If an ILLEGAL immigrant gets in a car wreck, he should be reported to the authorities and deported.

So on, and so forth.

The INS should be purged. I don't even know what it's there for anymore. Allowing illegal immigrants to flow into our country and stay is treasonous and dangerous in the extreme to our nation's well-being.

Just to be clear: I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against LEGAL immigrants!

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and to put a stop to that nagging little border problem we have, we should bring our troops home from S. Korea and W. Europe and station them along our borders. While their stateside training to rotate, they can pull guard duty on them. It's a win-win. Stop the influx while boosting those local economies. It's a no-brainer.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Oh yeah, and to put a stop to that nagging little border problem we have, we should bring our troops home from S. Korea and W. Europe and station them along our borders. While their stateside training to rotate, they can pull guard duty on them. It's a win-win. Stop the influx while boosting those local economies. It's a no-brainer.

I'm sure your opinion would be different if you were on the other side.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Immigrants get drivers liscence

Immigrants could always get a drivers license. They collect all that personal information beforehand. It comes with the docuements of beng accepted into a new country as a landed immigrant. This isn't news.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Um websurfer, of course it would be different if ECK was on the otherside, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats not the point. This is our country with our borders, and I think we have more say than those on the otherside of who should be allowed entry and how and when, not THEM.

Maybe well just start sending all these illegals to canada since you dont think theres anything qwrong with just crossing into anyones terrirtory uninvited.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't think you'll find too many people that have an argument with legal immigration. It's the ILLEGAL immigration that creates huge problems. Yes, our government is trying to sneak through legislation that would permit illegal immigrants to obtain a legal piece of US identification - a driver's license. It's wrong. It should not be allowed. It will lead to an avalance of problems. (our own national security is one, for starters) California has been battling over this issue for some time now. It's one of the issues that got former Gov Gray Davis tossed out of office. For some reason, the government (state & fed) wants to enact this but the citizens DO NOT want it. In CA they keep saying it will stop people from driving without insurance...HA HA HA! Sure it will. This is very dangerous ground we're treading on. What is the one thing you show in almost every instance, when your ID needs to be verified? Your driver's license. Can you imagine what will happen when anyone entering this country is able to obtain one? In California (and other border states) there will have to be a new form of ID created because no one will accept our driver's licenses as valid ID anymore.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So the parts in the constitution about ALL men being equal and all our rights were unalienable we just there looks??

Wouldnt unalienable rights be for illegal aliens if we are all considerded equal??
The whole concept of illegal alien goes against unalienable of all people created equal.

So by that reasoning your are not a equal unless you were born here...

thats the bottom line..justify yourself all you want if you belive in a god and the constitution then i believe unalienable rights belong to every man cretaed equal.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by bigtex007]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I used to think the same way. But not anymore. The current situation in the world is something that our forefathers never could have envisioned. Medical care, welfare, security/terrorism, taxes, insurance costs... these things are bankrupting our country. I don't have a problem with allowing people to immigrate into our country legally. You would give inalienable and equal rights in our country to every human being on the planet?!? That's just not possible unless our entire world is going to be under one rule with the same beliefs and values. Following your idea, all the middle eastern terrorists can enter this country and commit "jihad" on our citizens and they should still be welcomed as equal and given the same protection and rights as the people they would murder?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
How can they issue a drivers license to people who can't read the street signs!! I don't get it I'm sorry. I live in a very very immigrant populated area, and it aggravates me to no end that they can't speak or read the language. That when I go into a store or restaurant they have spanish signs up that I CAN'T READ! It's America, be here if you must be you need to adapt to our way of life, not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This topic must be about illegals, not legal immigrants since they would already have identification. But...would illegal immgrants even go for a driver's license in fear of deportation? I don't think they trust the government to not do that. This is an issue in AZ...or it was a couple of months ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
That when I go into a store or restaurant they have spanish signs up that I CAN'T READ!

Um I went to a upscale french reasturant a few weeks back and the whole menu was in french?? Whats your point except it obvious your against only latin immigrants because your arguments are obviously stereotypical of any selfish american.

The freedom of speach includes spanish and all other languages you know??

All people in america should speak only english?Like how we forced the american indians to stop speaking their native languages...ya thats freedom huh??

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Um I went to a upscale french reasturant a few weeks back and the whole menu was in french??

Uh, hello? It's a french restaurant. I wasn't complaining about the spanish restaurants.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That when I go into a store or restaurant they have spanish signs up that I CAN'T READ!

I do believe you mentioned restaurant above..no?

Regardless you also mentioned store..well aside from latin..there are many asian stores around that have pretty much only asian signs ect...

Freedom of speech included the right to speak what ever language you choose...Theres nothing in the constitution only protecting the freedom of speech but only if its in english.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Perhaps then, we shall flood Mexico with our own immigrants and demand they take care of us..........

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Perhaps then, we shall flood Mexico with our own immigrants and demand they take care of us..........

Sounds good to me...theres many beautiful places in mexico I would love
to inhabit.

Ya then we can call it "operation mexican freedom" right?

[edit on 11-8-2004 by bigtex007]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer

I'm sure your opinion would be different if you were on the other side.

Not to be smart about it, but I'm not; therefore, it's irrelevant. I am an American citizen who loves this country. I have every right to voice my opinion concerning how I would defend it.

By the way, your comment doesn't seem to take into account the fact that I said I completely support LEGAL immigration. I have NO problem with that whatsoever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join