It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by discharged77

I have news for you. It isn't homosexuality or legalizing gay marriage that ruined American society. It's ignorance coupled with the rampant fear-mongering that is so prevalent in America. It isn't difficult to get someone to fear something and turn against it.

No, it's more like the Soviet subversion of society for the purpose of concquering the US. Ex KGB says it doesn't even matter the issue, as long as it creates chaos and division, and destabilization is the goal. Yuri Besmenov talks about the "Sleepers" in society who are planted for that very purpose.
edit on 25-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Our government is understanding more and more that this truly is a secular government - - - and they are acting on that understanding.

Originally posted by discharged77You are joking right? You do know this has nothing to do with equal rights and everything to do with a political agenda right? You must be young, hopefully you will see that you have been manipulated in the future.

Well - let's not point to what is a joke.

Religion is the #1 biggest political manipulating agenda of any government in all of history.

Equal Rights in a secular government is not.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I don't know why, but the amazing amount of hate, bigotry and intolerance never ceases to amaze me. I really, *really* can't comprehend it. I just don't understand hating people for such superficial things as race, religion or sexual orientation. Those things impact you personally, how, exactly? Because they don't impact me, I don't know why they would.

Hate serves no good purpose. Not only does it hurt those it's being spewed at, it hurts those spewing it. I can see it in these posts, just eating you up inside as you post hurtful, hateful comments. Nothing to be proud of.

For those who keep commenting "it's bad for society." Please explain to me, exactly how it's bad for society. I don't see it, love is simply love. Love is more desirable than hate. Has "society" really been so fantastic prior to this decision? I think there are far more societal ills than you care to acknowledge.

*shrug* I don't have the time or inclination for hatred or intolerance, it doesn't serve me well.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77I guess that you dont know much about American history do you my friend?

Which American history are you referring to? I know plenty about American history. Which part is puzzling to you?

American history is filled with discrimination, violence, coercion, and other such disgusting things. But then again American history also has a lot of positives. Like the championing of civil rights and women's rights. Slavery was abolished. Different cultures and ethnic groups joined together on many occasions and learned to put their fears and differences aside.

Same-sex couples championing for the right to marry their same-sex spouse is an event that will go down in history as one of the positive events in American history.

Originally posted by discharged77Without same sex families that produce offspring that are brought under the proper moral umbrella, we would have never had a society to speak off.

So what? You're acting as though straight couples will all become gay. You're scared of something. Straight people will continue to start families and produce offspring.

Originally posted by discharged77Its the communist destruction from the inside out that has destroyed the fabric of our society.

No, it's your own unobserved, unchecked, and irrational fear as well as your inability to change and adapt to new things and concepts that's destroying the fabric that makes up your own personal perception of what reality and society are.

People used to legally burn and drown women in the US because they were deemed to be witches. Times change. Societies change. It's inevitable. Your grandfather's era isn't our era. Just like our era won't be our grandchildren's era.

Communism has nothing to do with anything. Seriously, are you still caught in the Cold War era or something?

Originally posted by discharged77The fact that you think these things are OK goes to show it has worked my friend.

The fact that you believe the things you do shows me that you might be borderline psychotic and delusional... and that whatever you're trying to do isn't working for yourself.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldprophet

So.

You are OK if a surely anti homosexual religion endorses two men marrying.

But are against it if a secular government doesn't discriminate.

I don't think you know your own logic sir.

Quit this good for society BS. If we did everything that was good for society, we'd all be living in white rooms, going to work, take pills to dull our emotions, and do everything to eradicate anything violent or dangerous about human nature.

But engineering society has a direct opposition to personal freedom. This is the United States. I thought we supported personal freedom and wanted the government to not limit that Freedom. What the hell happened to that idea? Can anyone tell me that?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't even know why I read through 20+ pages of obvious bigotry and hatred. I expected nothing less from an extremely right-wing board. Kudos for everyone who had the patience to try and reason with the unreasonable. I know I can't. Equal rights is a GOOD thing, that should be the end of the discussion.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
Great. Lets have a modern testament or new freedom religion. The union of Adam and Steve in the garden of New York.

Well done Obama, the devil has just promoted you.

Has nothing to do with Obama, You people and your deluded sense of partisanship. The two party system is an illusion. The deciding vote, in the STATE legislature was cast by a long standing Republican from my hometown. Sate Senator Stephen Saland.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by krill
My wife and i were just watching the the state senate hearing and the bill to allow same sex marriage was just passed,Its now official New York state now allows same sex marriage.There was also a provision in the bill preventing religous institutions and groups as well as other not for profit groups from being taken to court for refusing to mary same sex couples.Also if a court finds that provision illegal then the rest of the bill becomes illegal as well.Tricky huh.

YAY!!!!! Score one for common decency

edit on 6/24/2011 by krill because: (no reason given)

www.nypost.com...
edit on 6/24/2011 by krill because: Added Link

The real stickler is the fact that the American people do not need to wait for permission to get marrired.

Marriage license, seriously?

It would appear that the joke is on gay men.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The people don't have to allow themselves to become destabilized based on fear. Humans have the ability to adapt and to overcome anything. Besides, you can replace same-sex marriage with any other controversial issue and make the same vague argument.

See, watch this:

Of course rock music is not good for society, but the communists, capitalists and the zionists among us want to ruin our society and they have done a great job so far.

These groups haven't ruined society, people in general have allowed for their society to become destabilized because they don't like change, no matter how trivial and harmless the change is. Like is the case with same-sex marriage. It's harmless, but people like to make it into something more, they exaggerate things, they allow their irrational fear to ruin themselves. Fear is contagious.
edit on 25-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Indeed i was raised in the CHurch and i was shunned from a young age for having progressive ideas ,I always felt you can believe in God but not the fake dogmatic control of the Bible . I have always felt let people love who they love ,let people be happy ..God does not hate anyone ,If you are religous and you say God hates Homosexual i promise you its you God will be cross with .I hope this stands i am a straight man and I will admit i dont understand why Gay men feel the urge to be with other men but i will fight to the death for there right to be happy .This is the United States and we have the chance to make it the bright shining beacon of right and good in the world once again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You are born FREE & Your Rights are given to you by your Creator, NOT by the State or some institution to grant to you "rights" , when this happens it is more of granted permission or privilege and this usual comes with a Fee to be paid for that privilege.....

Expand your Consciousness...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As a former supporter of same-sex marriage, (key word is former) I'm getting really tired of all the support for this. People don't realize just how much of an impact changing such a fundamental institution of society as marriage will have.
Many people who support same-sex marriage haven't thought it out fully. I know because I was in that same position. I was just going along with the rest of the liberals. then I realized liberals are often times just as closed-minded as conservatives. I started thinking for myself.
I've never heard a single good argument for same-sex marriage, but I've heard dozens of arguments against it.
I'm sorry but equal rights isn't an argument. Gay people can marry women just like I can. And I can't marry men just like them. We have the same rights.(These aren't my only reasons, I have many for what I think)

I considered myself a very liberal person. Then I realized I was just being a close-minded fool following the democrats like a sheep.
Don't change what isn't broken.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by beltemps
Yikes! NY is catching up... But Berlin is still one step ahead with its (openly) gay mayor... Wonder when we will see that happen in the states...

We have openly gay mayors.

We also have at least one openly gay Transgender and an openly gay Transsexual major.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

You're absolutely right, annee... Didn't know that... So much for (my) german ignorance...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beltemps

NYC Mayor Ed Koch was gay I think. Not that it really makes any difference. Being gay is not the issue here.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Don't really give a damn either way. Doesn't affect me one way or the other.

I think the polygamists will be clamoring next to "legally" marry their 19 wives. After all, who are we to judge their choice of lifestyle?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Either way, simple truth is that because the meaning of marriage is now blurred, this will dilute the value of all marriages. If everyone gets to change the meaning of marriage, getting married will as as casual as getting a driver's license and not taken seriously. In the future, the nuclear family will be devalued even more than it is now.

link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The people don't have to allow themselves to become destabilized based on fear. Humans have the ability to adapt and to overcome anything. Besides, you can replace same-sex marriage with any other controversial issue and make the same vague argument.

See, watch this:

Of course rock music is not good for society, but the communists, capitalists and the zionists among us want to ruin our society and they have done a great job so far.

These groups haven't ruined society, people in general have allowed for their society to become destabilized because they don't like change, no matter how trivial and harmless the change is. Like is the case with same-sex marriage. It's harmless, but people like to make it into something more, they exaggerate things, they allow their irrational fear to ruin themselves. Fear is contagious.
edit on 25-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

You are mixing my post with someone else's. I did not mention Zionists and Capitalists. However, I stand by my post that Soviet subversion of our society uses any and all means, including any issue that has the power to divide. How can anyone even watch American tv without admitting the level of moral decay since at least the 50's.

link   
reply to post by Ghost375

What good argument has ever been posed against same-sex marriage?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Ghost375

What good argument has ever been posed against same-sex marriage?

What good argument has ever been posed against legally changing the name of red to green?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Don't really give a damn either way. Doesn't affect me one way or the other.

I think the polygamists will be clamoring next to "legally" marry their 19 wives. After all, who are we to judge their choice of lifestyle?

Ironically, Progressives seem to accept Sharia Law, which allows for polygamy. Anything goes in their Utopian society.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join