It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
"For this cause God gave them up into vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet" (Romans 1:26, 27).

Again. Quit with the bible verses. The only people who care what they say are people who believe in that book. Most people don't believe in that book. There are numerous other books in which people put their faith, as well as people who put their faith in no book at all.

Religious zealots need to understand that you will never convert someone to your religion or your beliefs by quoting from a book people do not trust/put their faith in.

I.E.

Unless you are a believer already, you are most likely going to disagree with those verses. If they are a believer already, your work becomes redundant... no?

Seriously dude... Think for yourself instead of letting a brainwashed cult dictate your words.

P.S.

It was also real cool of you to ignore how I totally trounced your argument that anal sex isn't natural. Yet, you want me to believe you can think for yourself?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
I never really understood why gays would want to be married in a church by people that loath them?

Who says they want to get married in a church? Besides, there are plenty of churches that freely choose to marry gays. This is about the LAW. LEGAL marriage.

Same sex couples can not produce children, so why the need for marriage anyway?

My husband and I cannot produce children. Why are we married? See? It's none of your business, is it?
Other people's relationships are none of your business.

...these are the kinds of measures and laws that have turned our society upside down.

And I say it's about time!

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
Well done Obama, the devil has just promoted you.

You think Obama had something to do with this? Fact is, the people WANTED it. The people of New York were heard and their legislators (Democrat AND Republican) voted for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This was your question correct? And my answer is yes... one of the most UN-natural acts on this planet.
So please show me where I'm wrong...

Define "natural". Please?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

This was your question correct? And my answer is yes... one of the most UN-natural acts on this planet.

I already squashed him on that... he chose to simply ignore it. These people who are biggots, cherry pick. They choose information that falls in line with their belief and discredit all information that says they are wrong.

It's just the way brainwashing works...

P.S.

I already covered the marriages that cannot or choose not to have children too... glad you came to reinforce that fact though...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I already squashed him on that... he chose to simply ignore it. These people who are biggots, cherry pick. They choose information that falls in line with their belief and discredit all information that says they are wrong.

The funny thing is, they bring the information that discredits their own arguments, then deny it when it applies to them across the board as well. No surprises there, though.

There is no logic to be seen in these "individuals"... just religious rhetoric.
edit on 25-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
OMG it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. This is a joke. America wake up

So MasterAndrew, I take it you are for incest then?

Good on New York!
Great news!

edit on 25-6-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2011 by JonoEnglish because: Clarity issues

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You are missing the point, this is the kind of stuff that TPTB use to destroy our family structure and divide us further. You are not looking at the bigger picture, this is just a distraction. I know that you think this is some kind of civil rights issue and all that, what good does this do for society at large? Nothing. Its just liberal feel good BS.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Homosexuality does not promote growth or development in human nature; it goes against the design and laws of what's productive. That is why it is unnatural.

I think Michelangelo - The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel - definitely affected humans in growth and development in a natural way. www.christusrex.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
Something that has evidently been around longer than the Bible is unnatural?

Everywhere.

Natural means it occurs in nature unprovoked. Anal sex is as natural as it gets. Not only gay human males have anal sex.... it's been recorded in the animal kingdom as well as been a staple of human activity since the dawn of man.

Pretty much proving it is by effect, a natural phenomenon.

I tried explaining this, god soldiers do not seem to understand that.

South park had it right when they said..

"LETS JUST KILL GOD!!"
edit on 25-6-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
OMG it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. This is a joke. America wake up

So you are for incest then?

Good on New York!

How does this have anything to do with Gay Marriage?

It doesn't. Period. And as far as I'm concerned, people can do what they choose... I'm against pedophilia because that is one party consent. Am I against incest between two adults... That's private information that we shouldn't have, so my opinion on it is irrelevant... nor does it have anything to do with gay marriage.

My opinion is against -- yet... I would never deny two consenting adults because it's simply not my place and none of my business. The Royal Family is highly incestuous... This is a fact. Just some food for thought.

The guy you quoted, and responded too... was Anti-Gay. So ofcourse, he'd be anti incest... so I don't even begin to understand this comment... or how it should of even be placed in this thread... but yeah...

Freedom is freedom. The second you Dictate to some one what they are not allowed to do, you compromise freedom. (Unless what they want to do, reduces the freedom from others... These are the only accounts of rightous dictation.)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Right.

I didn't have Donuts with Coffee this morning.

Grr. Obama took my donuts in his liberal conspiracy to control my food!

Congratulations Obama, it appears Jillian Michaels has just promoted you.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Me thinks you have the wrong end of the stick.

I'm for gay marriage.

My reply was to MasterAndrew bringing up the 'Adam and Eve, not Steve'. That is religious.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

Me thinks you have the wrong of the stick.

I'm for gay marriage.

My reply was to MasterAndrew who bringing up the Adam and Eve, not Steve. That is religious.

I caught it... I revised my post, I was hoping I did it fast enough...

In short, It was apparent he was anti-gay, so I don't understand why you would ask him if he was anti incest.... He'd obviously object to that...

Unless I'm missing something...

LOL.

(the only thing I can fathom, is that you are insinuating that incest is promoted in the bible... which I've never heard of, so I cannot comment.)

I am super confused.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

Me thinks you have the wrong of the stick.

I'm for gay marriage.

My reply was to MasterAndrew who bringing up the Adam and Eve, not Steve. That is religious.

I caught it... I revised my post, I was hoping I did it fast enough...

In short, It was apparent he was anti-gay, so I don't understand why you would ask him if he was anti incest.... He'd obviously object to that...

Unless I'm missing something...

LOL.

I'm not typing very good English at the moment, my brain is fried.
Long, long day.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

There is no logic to be seen in these "individuals"... just religious rhetoric.

So true - - and so "yesterday"

There are plenty of religious who have awakened to understand the nature of how someone is born and/or support Equality even if they don't fully understand the natural aspect of a birthright.

I pretty much just ignore the ignorant now and their ridiculous claims.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Traditional marriage, discrimination, and political parties that can't agree with one another, these are the things that create the divide. And as far as distractions go, most Americans are distracted by television and their busy lives anyway. The issue of gay marriage isn't a distraction, it's a matter of resolving an issue.

Legalizing gay marriage bridges the divide that you mentioned because it sets people on a more even, equal level in a particular area of society. It also strengthens the family structure in the United States because it allows same-sex couples to take the initial step to starting a family. That is a positive step, imo.

Same-sex marriages are not hindering a heterosexual's ability to marry or to start a family in any conceivable way. Same-sex marriage is about opening a new avenue of marriage to same-sex couples. That's all that legalizing same-sex marriage does. It's the people who cannot accept gay marriage because of their compunctions with homosexuals for whatever reason who are the ones alienating themselves.
edit on 25-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You are missing the point, this is the kind of stuff that TPTB use to destroy our family structure and divide us further.

Yes, yes,

Equality = Division

And no heterosexual family in NY will survive now that this bill has been passed, I'm sure of it

Perhaps we should go over heterosexual divorce rates and adoption rates, or things like Prop 8 in Cali that ripped families apart and forced children into orphanages; if we want to go on about "destroying families", we might as well be honest here instead of touting faulty "family values" that you arbitrarily concatenate with sexual orientation.
edit on 25-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You are missing the point, this is the kind of stuff that TPTB use to destroy our family structure and divide us further.

Yes, yes,

Equality = Division

And no heterosexual family in NY will survive now that this bill has been passed, I'm sure of it

Perhaps we should go over heterosexual divorce rates and adoption rates -- or things like Prop 8 in Cali that ripped families apart and forced children into orphanages -- if we want to go on about "destroying families".

LoL. I'm appauled at the notion that he thinks that unification over an issue is dividing the people. The opposite is true here... TPTB were against the gays and did horrible things like Prop 8 to instigate a divide. Only, it seems, people are smarter than they anticipated.

That guy totally took the bait of misinfo dealt by the elitists. They WANT you to be against the gays. Why? Because it segregates society.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I believe that gay people should have been able to marry a long time ago...

Marriage is a state-instituted ceremony that announces the civil union between two people. Same as a civil union anyway.

You should be able to 'marry' anyone you want. Its simply a legal contract and not one that promises matrimony.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stingray77

I'm not quite sure they consider you friends, if that's the position you're taking. I certainly wouldn't.

You're right, a lot of things could go wrong with gay couples adopting children. But this also applies to straight people as well. Heterosexual or homosexual, bad parenting is more of a gender neutral thing. There are too many children who need good homes to be picky about what sexual orientation their adoptive parents are.

That being said.... There is NOTHING is wrong with loving someone, and there is NOTHING wrong with the LGBT community. There is however, something extremely wrong with the society we share. No one should be denied the right to put their love on paper. Marriage is marriage, love is love, don't over complicate it.

Congratulations to Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka on their engagement! Also, now Dumbledore can get married in New York, which is pretty neat.

www.youtube.com...

- Darian, a heterosexual, devout Christian female.
edit on 25-6-2011 by TheFeminineOperaGhost because: ....

edit on 25-6-2011 by TheFeminineOperaGhost because: you touch yourself at night

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join