It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Great. Lets have a modern testament or new freedom religion. The union of Adam and Steve in the garden of New York.

Well done Obama, the devil has just promoted you.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Originally posted by Alchemst7
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Beastiality (zoophilia)

Two words that don't exist and the actual words of which are not synonymous. This is off to a great start.

And in all the laws of creation and nature, sodomy and beastiality is an unnatural act.

!!!

Something that has evidently been around longer than the Bible is unnatural?

Not that it matters:

Owning guns is an unnatural act.

Drinking beer is an unnatural act.

Driving a car is an unnatural act.

Being religious is an unnatural act.

Hurricanes are natural.

Tsunamis are natural.

Solar flares are natural.

Tell me, which of these do you like more?
edit on 25-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

And anal sex is natural?????????????????????????

You just proved your failure of analytical skills.

Thanks for not making me even have to say anything to prove how ridiculously illogical you are.

Since when is homosexuality anal sex? Do lesbians have anal sex?

In any fashion... where exactly is the prostate gland located in the male body? How overpopulated would certain areas of the planet be if an extra 4% compounded population were reproducing like it's their job?

Use your head. Arguing that something that has existed in nature for as long as anyone has recorded life is "unnatural" is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard on ATS, and there are a LOT of alien enthusiasts around here.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This was your question correct? And my answer is yes... one of the most UN-natural acts on this planet.
So please show me where I'm wrong...

Sorry but if you edit your comment before I answer then I can't answer you... but I'm sure that is your intention.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Soldier of God because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

This was your question correct? And my answer is yes... one of the most UN-natural acts on this planet.

I already did... you just ignored it.

Because you're too busy pretending you're Christian.

(Obviously more of a Jew)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Everywhere.

Natural means it occurs in nature unprovoked. Anal sex is as natural as it gets. Not only gay human males have anal sex.... it's been recorded in the animal kingdom as well as been a staple of human activity since the dawn of man.

Pretty much proving it is by effect, a natural phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am an agnostic and I am no bigot my friend, but why do you think that marriage exists in the first place? It is a legal formality to join families together that produce offspring. Your mind has been propagandized by your commie, left wing, PC society that you live in. This has nothing to do with being a bigot, what is wrong with civil unions?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
I am an agnostic and I am no bigot my friend, but why do you think that marriage exists in the first place? It is a legal formality to join families together that produce offspring. Your mind has been propagandized by your commie, left wing, PC society that you live in. This has nothing to do with being a bigot, what is wrong with civil unions?

Well I guess if heterosexual would stop abandoning their children at orphanages and gay people didn't stop by to pick up where they failed, you might have the slightest point...

...Then again, you asked what is wrong with civil unions... and I must say in response:

Nothing. Who says it's gender specific, though?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Good on New York for this one. I believe that there really isn't a good reason for making same-sex marriage illegal in the first place.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To call a union of two persons of the same sex a "marriage" is a misnomer. In the Bible, marriage is a divinely ordered institution designed to form a permanent union between one man and one woman for one purpose (among others) of procreating or propagating the human race. That was God's order in the first of such unions (Genesis 1:27, 28; 2:24; Matthew 19:5). The whole idea of two persons of the same sex marrying is absurd, unsound, ridiculously unreasonable, stupid. A clergyman might bless a homosexual marriage but God won't.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Nothing is wrong with civil unions, except they don't gain the same priveledges afforded by the state -- hence making it unfair.

Couples who are married and don't have children get the tax breaks for being married too... They get bigger ones when they claim children.

Civil union doesn't. For any reason.

That pretty much means marriage has a strategic advantage. Barring select citizens from accessing this strategic advantage is opposed to freedom.

Period.

They wouldn't need to be married under the church if civil unions were honored with the same respects as marriage. They aren't. Not only that, but, do you propose that there are no gay religious people? Just because SOME extreme religious claim god is Anti-Homo, doesn't mean that, that is indeed a fact.

My sister is a lesbian. She believes in God. You see how that works yet? Or are you still in denial that you are a biggot?

P.S.

I'm agnostic too, this doesn't mean you can't be a biggot. You are brainwashed by those who oppose freedom.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I already did... you just ignored it.

Because you're too busy pretending you're Christian.

(Obviously more of a Jew)

I like how you edited your post to tame the name calling down a bit.... typical...

He didn't, he just added more context so people could understand where he was coming from.

The original post stated

(Jew)

He thought people would misinterpret where he was coming from, so he added a disclaimer of sorts that basically deduces to "In my opinion you appear to be a jew."

Your argument is symantics.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hahahahaha! Oh this is rich. I LOVE clicking on these GAY topics sooooo much. All the bigotry, hate, anger, religious zeal, false perceptions, and psychological problems come bubbling to the surface! This topic creates a definite disturbance in the majority. It makes me glad i do not interact with society on a regular basis. It is SAD. This is the reason our world is so messed up right now. I am not even going to berate you. Those of you causing havoc should know you are doing it and those that aren't i feel sorry for. Nuf said.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

To call a union of two persons of the same sex a "marriage" is a misnomer. In the Bible, marriage is a divinely ordered institution designed to form a permanent union between one man and one woman for one purpose (among others) of procreating or propagating the human race. That was God's order in the first of such unions (Genesis 1:27, 28; 2:24; Matthew 19:5). The whole idea of two persons of the same sex marrying is absurd, unsound, ridiculously unreasonable, stupid. A clergyman might bless a homosexual marriage but God won't.

Who cares, marriage has evolved beyond that original definition. I doubt many people care if god will bless their marriage, it's about not being socially ostricized for a preference you didn't choose. It's about economics as well.... With tax benefits to go with it.

Furthermore, you can have kids and off spring without marriage. So, really -- what is marriage other than paper work and tax breaks?

Grow up, take the blinders off, and see reality for what it is. Real life does not mirror the bible. At all. Priests molesting alter boys.... I'm pretty sure God is against that too... but that has no effect on Real Life.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"For this cause God gave them up into vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet" (Romans 1:26, 27).

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Well I guess if heterosexual would stop abandoning their children at orphanages and gay people didn't stop by to pick up where they failed, you might have the slightest point...
So all same sex couples excel at child rearing? I would love to see some statistics on this issue.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

That's your opinion.

Fortunately in the real world not everyone depends on God and his law to run a functional society. Otherwise we'd all be on our knees praying to heaven while nothing gets done.

Marriage is an institution created by man. It was not created or ordained by God, because God cannot be proven to even exist in any capacity outside of belief. However, human history and the history on marriage can.

When it comes to legal marriages, God's word is irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

To call a union of two persons of the same sex a "marriage" is a misnomer.

I guess you're now going to explain this based on the origin of marriage?

In the Bible,

Woops, I guess not.

Although the institution of marriage pre-dates reliable recorded history, many cultures have legends concerning the origins of marriage. The way in which a marriage is conducted and its rules and ramifications has changed over time, as has the institution itself, depending on the culture or demographic of the time.[12] Various cultures have had their own theories on the origin of marriage.

Source

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

You actually think my post editing is a conspiracy?

You can't be serious.

I'm obviously just wasting my time; your initial forms of blasphemy should really have turned me off of "talking" to you in the first place. Your "God" has a special place for people who distort His message to push hate. It's a lot closer than the "3 feet from hell" that your profile cries about.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join