It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

That's because having an imaginary friend past the age of 5 is laughable. But that's your right.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by Stovokor
Wow. Reading all these post make me feel ill.

Why is it that the only minority where it's acceptable to publicly bash are gays??

If you changed to word gay to black, woman, jew there would be a public outcry..but since it's 'only' the gays..have at it.

You 'christians' should be ashamed. If jesus did exist i doubt he would be proud of the way you are behaving.

Didn't jesus say something about 'ye without sin, cast the first stone'?? OHHH wait a minute..he was talking about a hooker at a well..if she were gay he would of probably threw her down the well..

Um, excuse me??? Obviously you have turned a blind eye to all of the Christian bashing that is "allowed" on this forum and around the globe.

It's a competition right? Just like God wants. Keep that sword of yours unsheathed, blasphemer.

Just wondering how that log in your eye is workin' out for you.
edit on 25-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I gotta agree. If I only had sex to procreate, I'd be terribly frustrated - and boring, too!

Originally posted by Carseller4
Now they get special rights to marry someone of the same sex.

And you finally have that right, too! Equal rights all around! Everybody's happy! If they have "special rights", then you have that same "special right", so it's not special! How's that for logic?

Originally posted by illuminatiDpress
... change at the end of a whip will not stand, only freedom shall.

If you support freedom, then you support it for ALL. If you don't support freedom for ALL, then you only pay lip-service to freedom.

Now some legislature decides that it is OK to give gay people the special right to marry someone of the same sex?

No, this right is not only for gays. You are free to marry someone of the same sex if you want. This right is extended to ALL. No one has to prove that they are gay to marry someone of the same sex.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

Yeah, i don't understand the argument 'if you let gays marry next it will be incest and animals".

How is allowing me and my partner full and equal rights under the law anything like incest or bestiality?

It's insulting.

So your reply is to insult and degrade polygamists and those who practice familial love? Hypocrite.

EDIT to add: I never said anything about bestiality.
edit on 25-6-2011 by CobraCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

How are you not prejudice against gays when you equate being a homosexual as morally wrong as bestiality?

And why should they have to keep it private just because you don't like it?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

They already had the right to marry. Now they get special rights to marry someone of the same sex.

This is gay.

Then they aren't getting special rights at all...

...You have the right to marry someone of the same sex as well, it's not limited to gay people...

....Maybe you should stick to your own logic instead of trying to regurgitate others'; you're obviously not that good at it.

You obviously don't know me. I've had this view from day one.

Not really fighting for peoples' perceptions of your intelligence, eh? You can't apply your logic to one thing and then dismiss it when it doesn't suit your argument. That is called ignorance. Plain and simple (I typo'd "Plain" as "Palin" when writing this, I'm still not sure which is more appropriate).

Good luck growing up.

Marriage is between a man and woman.....

Wrong.

mar·riage
   /ˈmærɪdʒ/ Show Spelled[mar-ij] Show IPA
–noun
a.
the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
b.
a similar institution involving partners of the same gender: gay marriage.
the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock: a happy marriage.
the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities: to officiate at a marriage

everyone has this right. If I wanted to marry my dog, I couldn't. If I wanted to marry a 5 year old (Like Muslims do) I couldn't. If I wanted to marry the twins down the road, I couldn't. Now some legislature decides that it is OK to give gay people the special right to marry someone of the same sex? Can't help but draw comparisons to other forbidden marriage acts that are not legal.

None of those other parties are capable of giving adult consent.

They are getting a special right, plain and simple

There's definitely something "plain and simple" going on here...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floydshayvious
The older I get I realize that equality, in any regard, is probably a roundabout illusion chasing its own tail.

When I talk about marriage equality, I'm not talking about social acceptance, personal acceptance or religious acceptance. I'm talking about equal treatment under the law. Equality, in that sense, does not mean "the same", it means treated equally by the law.

Acceptance isn't something that people can be 'pushed' into. The acceptance is happening as more people are exposed to gay people, gay couples, kids raised in gay homes, etc. The acceptance happens naturally. The fact that NY people voted to give gays equal RIGHTS is an indication that acceptance is becoming more prevalent.

People will always be prejudiced and bigoted against blacks, gays, Muslims, women, and other minorities. That's part of human nature. But what we can and should do, IMO, is work toward equal treatment under secular law.

edit on 6/25/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Both sides by there actions bring the criticism on themselves...

Christians have that whole judgmental Im more righteous than you mentality and sense they have this perceived higher moral compass they think they have God's approval for dictating by law how everyone else should live. They can piss off for this holier than thou mindset.

Homosexuals seem to think there behavior is normal, so look at us acting all gay in public and you have no choice but to accept it. They seem to want to show in explicit detail to all around in public the media in music...I get the feeling that gays want there lifestyle shoved down all our throats and we have no choice but to accept it.

They can piss off as well.

I don't want Christians or Homosexuals dictating anything about me.

I don't want Christians dictating whether or not some one can marry whoever, just as I don't want Homosexual lifestyles forced upon me visually.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
I was walking into a grocery store the other day and there was a soliciter asking if I support gay marriage. I replied, "do you support beastiality"? Where do you draw the line with morrals? Great, you want to have a gay relationship, keep it to yourself in your privacy. Don't make it public and force it upon our laws.

I in no way am prejudice against gay, I have a few friends that are and 1 who rents my apartment from me currently.

This ASTOUNDS me! You compare homosexuality to bestiality and then claim you are in no way prejudiced! Jesus Christ! What would you say if you WERE prejudiced???

My sister-in-law said black people are too lazy to have pets. And then she was shocked and appalled when I mentioned her "racism".
She denied being racist!!! The most bigoted people are the ones who stand up and say, "I'm not a bigot, but..."
Astounding!

Originally posted by illuminatiDpress
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

now you can finally marry Rin tin tin

I wish!
No, you see, marriage is a legal contract. Jaia is not able to enter into a legal contract. They don't accept paw prints (yet - but keep your fingers crossed for me).

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Bestiality (zoophilia) and sodomy have always been compared as equal! And in all the laws of creation and nature, sodomy and beastiality is an unnatural act.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Alchemst7 because: typo

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
OMG it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. This is a joke. America wake up

That so? Who says it was "Adam and Eve"? A bunch of misogynists over 2000 years ago from a region that even today does not allow women to drive in some places. Imagine their discrimination back then. Of course, if you had a brain (Christofascists are the provably most ignorant of all Americans), you know there are other gospels that have since been found and repressed that show Mary Magdalene was one of the disciples and maybe the one closest to Jesus. But because you are ignorant, you've never learned of the gnostic gospels. You only know of the version approved by the pope some centuries ago, of course you don't know that either because you believe the origin of the Bible in its current form was divinely written, instead of carefully decided in committee in the Vatican about what writings would be put into the Bible and what would not.

The irony is you think Cathollics are probably not Christians and that they are iodol worshipers, all the while too dumb to realize they crafted your Bible.

In any event, I've read comic books more plausible than the BS in the Bible. So you go ahead and believe your pedophile priest collection of cobbled little stories. I'll chose to believe science and make my moral decisions based upon simple decency and the Golden Rule, which is far to permissive for you.

You are a dinosaur and I pray your kind die off in the near future of mankind.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
To each his own

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I saw this on Yahoo this morning and knew it was going to be one of the hot topics on ATS. So I logged in, and sure enough, here it is.

Let me just take this time to say,

edit on 25-6-2011 by president because: grammer and speeling

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If this thread has taught me one thing it is that the LGBT community is NOT interested in equality at all. They are interested in getting what they want. At the mere suggestion that polygamists and those who practice familial relations be given the same equality under the law as gays have now just been awarded, I have been viciously attacked as if the suggestion were a slap in the face to gays. And thereby themselves insulting entire sub-classes of those who are persecuted and hiding behind closed doors, unable to pronounce their love in the light of day without fear of persecution and indeed prosecution.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7

Beastiality (zoophilia)

Two words that don't exist and the actual words of which are not synonymous. This is off to a great start.

And in all the laws of creation and nature, sodomy and beastiality is an unnatural act.

!!!

Something that has evidently been around longer than the Bible is unnatural?

Not that it matters:

Owning guns is an unnatural act.

Drinking beer is an unnatural act.

Driving a car is an unnatural act.

Being religious is an unnatural act.

Hurricanes are natural.

Tsunamis are natural.

Solar flares are natural.

Tell me, which of these do you like more?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This is just a distraction. I never really understood why gays would want to be married in a church by people that loath them? Same sex couples can not produce children, so why the need for marriage anyway? This is more Neoliberalism being rammed down our throats, these are the kinds of measures and laws that have turned our society upside down.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

Congratulations New York. Now, how long can you keep it?

(Lets hope -- forever.)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
This is just a distraction. I never really understood why gays would want to be married in a church by people that loath them? Same sex couples can not produce children, so why the need for marriage anyway? This is more Neoliberalism being rammed down our throats, these are the kinds of measures and laws that have turned our society upside down.

Cuz, being married has anything to do with children. So, all of those real marriages with like minded partners that don't want, or can't have kids.... shouldn't be married either?

Great logic there sport. I'm sure it has nothing to do with legal tax breaks for married couples or being treated "fairly" at all.

Way to be a biggot.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join