It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
Unfortunately religion has nothing to do with reality. Please tell me how life would exist w/out the Marriage of man and women. And technically the marriage of man and women was that actual act of lying down and intertwining their bodies which procreated by combining their DNA. The act of an actual certificate of marriage is politics which religion is and has become.

Hi, unfortunately religion does have an impact on reality, we see it all the time. Life would still exist without marriage, we'd still pro-create without marriage. Your description of marriage in your last sentence does not include the human element, the element of love, marriage is not about pro-creation, it's about love.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

WONDERFUL news for sure.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

For starters this isn't going to make them more accepted.

Gay marriage isn't supposed to make gays more accepted. It's an indication that they ARE.
It's a symptom of people's eyes opening up to the harsh light of reality that ALL people should be treated fairly, even if they don't conform to the religious dogma.

For you gays... You have just officially enslaved yourselves to the state of NY to be oppressed and controlled by their manipulated manmade laws only to suit their needs to further the states perverse agendas.

Since when is marriage mandatory? Marriage is a CHOICE. We are not VICTIMS of marriage. We ASK the state to perform our marriage. We ASK for this so-called 'enslavement'.

So existence (w/out) heterosexuals is nonexistent. The truth is men and women are meant to procreate.......

This won't stop people from procreating, Don't worry.
There are still plenty of breeders out there.

Everything else is just fulfillment of your own twisted and selfindulgent fetishes and desires.

So... if straight people have sex without intending to procreate, that's just fulfillment of their own twisted and self-indulgent fetishes and desires?

You people crack me up!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Please tell me how life would exist w/out the Marriage of man and women.

It wouldn't. But whose trying to abolish marriage between a man and woman? No one. Making gay marriage legal does not make straight marriage illegal. Your argument makes no sense.

There are plenty of married people who do not breed. I'm one. Are you saying I shouldn't be allowed to marry?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

So... if straight people have sex without intending to procreate, that's just fulfillment of their own twisted and self-indulgent fetishes and desires?

I can't speak for anyone else but.....yeah, sometimes!

I [heart] NY
edit on 25-6-2011 by whaaa because: open for business

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stingray77
Congratulations to all the gay couples out there !

Just, please don`t adapt children and make them think what a union, between man & man, or woman & woman is a OK thing.

Before you stone me, I have a lot of friends, who are gay, and I tell them the same thing too.

You more than likely have gay acquaintances that you make feel rather awkward on a regular basis.

And I know this 'for a fact'...

...Because 'I have lots of straight "friends"'

Really, I'd be more worried about children reading your post...

... and thinking that using "a" before a word that begins with a vowel is an "OK thing".

Just kidding! ...

... Children know how to spell much better than any anti-homosexual I've met.... or should I say... "Am friends with"

Obviously some sort of conspiracy
edit on 25-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They already had the right to marry. Now they get special rights to marry someone of the same sex.

This is gay.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
They already had the right to marry. Now they get special rights to marry someone of the same sex.

This is gay.

Then they aren't getting special rights at all...

...You have the right to marry someone of the same sex as well, it's not limited to gay people...

....Maybe you should stick to your own logic instead of trying to regurgitate others'; you're obviously not that good at it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Finally, NY did approve same-sex-marriage!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gays and Lesbians deserve the right to marry....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

For starters this isn't going to make them more accepted. You have people who accept you for who you are and those that never will.

For you gays... You have just officially enslaved yourselves to the state of NY to be oppressed and controlled by their manipulated manmade laws only to suit their needs to further the states perverse agendas. If you actually believe this was done out of respect and morality for your community, then I can't express how neive you truly are.They don't care about humanity as a whole, equally.

REMEMBER this..........where would you be without heterosexuals?

NOWHERE, you wouldn't exist........

And for theose brilliant arguments about how science would've been used to procreate...........You do know that the cavemen weren't scientifically advanced, right?

So existence (w/out) heterosexuals is nonexistent. The truth is men and women are meant to procreate.......

Everything else is just fulfillment of your own twisted and selfindulgent fetishes and desires.

You're logic perfectly describes the redneck alcoholic bible worshipping racist.

Straight couples kill their children, abortion killed around 50,000,000

Gay couple abortion = 0

You tell me, am I distorting the facts, or are you?

Nobody is arguing that straight people evolved the species, which really is not true, men can have children, AND BE GAY AT THE SAME TIME. now that we no longer need more people, WHO GIVES A CRAP WHO HAS SEX WITH WHO? WE ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY CHILDREN, HOW STUPID ARE YOU?
edit on 25-6-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wow. Reading all these post make me feel ill.

Why is it that the only minority where it's acceptable to publicly bash are gays??

If you changed to word gay to black, woman, jew there would be a public outcry..but since it's 'only' the gays..have at it.

You 'christians' should be ashamed. If jesus did exist i doubt he would be proud of the way you are behaving.

Didn't jesus say something about 'ye without sin, cast the first stone'?? OHHH wait a minute..he was talking about a hooker at a well..if she were gay he would of probably threw her down the well..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

Why is it that the only minority where it's acceptable to publicly bash are gays??

If you changed to word gay to black, woman, jew there would be a public outcry..but since it's 'only' the gays..have at it.

You 'christians' should be ashamed. If jesus did exist i doubt he would be proud of the way you are behaving.

Didn't jesus say something about 'ye without sin, cast the first stone'?? OHHH wait a minute..he was talking about a hooker at a well..if she were gay he would of probably threw her down the well..

ATS mods are racist bigots and accepts gay bashing, that is why, but the second you mention smoking a joint, POST BAN

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I cant give my true opinion because the politically corect police will delete me
all I can say is change at the end of a whip will not stand, only freedom shall.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I watched a lot about this on the morning news and then while I was out having breakfast, reading the paper, this was the headline news for my state...

Census shows jump in reported Wyoming gay households.

The full article is here: Here...

I have to wonder why this is jumping out at me on every turn here lately...

On a personal note...the very first thing that I said to my wife across the table was "Why the hell does the census care if a household contains a gay person or not...I mean shouldn't the census be for man, woman, child, single, married, etc...why the hell do they care if a person is gay or not?"

Just thought I would add that little 'tid bit' into the mixing pot since the topic has been brought up.

Thanks for letting me share!

Edit: Fixed link...opps sorry.

edit on 25-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...fixed link...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Originally posted by Carseller4

This is gay.

Then they aren't getting special rights at all...

...You have the right to marry someone of the same sex as well, it's not limited to gay people...

....Maybe you should stick to your own logic instead of trying to regurgitate others'; you're obviously not that good at it.

You obviously don't know me. I've had this view from day one.

Marriage is between a man and woman.....everyone has this right. If I wanted to marry my dog, I couldn't. If I wanted to marry a 5 year old (Like Muslims do) I couldn't. If I wanted to marry the twins down the road, I couldn't. Now some legislature decides that it is OK to give gay people the special right to marry someone of the same sex? Can't help but draw comparisons to other forbidden marriage acts that are not legal.

They are getting a special right, plain and simple
edit on 25-6-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 second edit rule

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby
now that we no longer need more people, WHO GIVES A CRAP WHO HAS SEX WITH WHO?

God does...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The older I get I realize that equality, in any regard, is probably a roundabout illusion chasing its own tail.

Why does racism, or any "phobia" toward others, still exist?

*IMHO* (this is key) Because people are different, and they will never reach a point that they can look upon one another as "the same" - unless there are just two, then maybe - based on condition it could happen. It will never happen for humans unless we become not human, which will also, given the odds, not happen. It's like punishing people for using slurs: they dont hate less, or see things any differently, they most likely hate more because they are being made to appologize - like a slave being made to do hard labor.

You cannot force acceptance, because acceptance is not something that is trained or given, it's something that is realized. We are too complex and too divided because of thinking, technology, superficialities, cultures, ideologies - the list goes on. You cannot "make" people accept you - because you simply cannot fully control anyone other than yourself.

Im not straight, and Im not gay...

I just dont care.

I dont think any law or speach or book or scripture or music or piece of art in itself can "make" anyone change their personal paradigm/view without it coming from within their very self on their own accord - because the hole or big question mark was already there waiting to be acknowledged. And, sadly (or not), that rarely happens for any one individual or group of people.

Im happy that some will be able to have the same financial benefits as others (that's not equality, that's fairness), but that will never lead to "equality".
edit on 25-6-2011 by Floydshayvious because: typoz

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

Um, excuse me??? Obviously you have turned a blind eye to all of the Christian bashing that is "allowed" on this forum and around the globe.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Kinda creeps me out God is keeping tabs on peoples sex lives. Just saying if a person did that, it would be borderline stalking or some form peeping tom type stuff. I personally think if there is a god, he or she should be better than that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was walking into a grocery store the other day and there was a solicitor asking if I support gay marriage. I replied, "do you support bestiality"? Where do you draw the line with morrals? Great, you want to have a gay relationship, keep it to yourself in your privacy. Don't make it public and force it upon our laws.

I in no way am prejudice against gay, I have a few friends that are and 1 who rents my apartment from me currently.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Alchemst7 because: spelling

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join