It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New acronym~ SHHTFNW She-it has hit the fan now what

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Not sure if have seen this one around yet. Or if I am just brain farting so bad don't know have seen it elsewhere.

How ever, just thought we should get this one covered, because soon SWHTF or she-it will hit the fan, and we need to have more than SHTF situations and the acronyms.

So as an example of a minor SHHTF situation, say a tire blows out, but is only was only the tread coming undone, the steel belt is still holding. But the car for some reason won't start, even though you put it back in park or neutral.

Perhaps it is the fuel cutoff, try the trunk if your in a car, and on the gas tank side of the inner trunk, inside the lining, look for a button. Pushing it will reset the fuel flow, and save you $40 for having a mechanic do it for you.

So, what are some other SHHTF situations, that you know of. Come on they can be of any seriousness, from a simple fuse to a full on spetnaz zombie invasion.

edit on 24-6-2011 by ADVISOR because: I need the practice

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My most recent SHHTFNW situation was a storm blowing through and cutting off power, which also meant no water.(well) So the immediate thought was to collect rain water from the storm for purposes like flushing the toilet, and bathing if need be. Followed by getting out the camp stove to cook on, and setting up some of the camp gear for lighting and such.
All in all it was a good test of my preparation and adaptation skills. Too say the least I learned that cold rain water is not pleasant to wash your hair in first thing in the morning, but it certainly wakes you up!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
New acronym: OMGPNAAFTLOF

Oh my God please not another acronym for the love of god.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
SHHTFNW situation, told from the perspective of the Oxford Dictionary writer:

"OMGPNAAFTLOF!! Now I have to start over! SHHTFNW?!?"

edit on 24-6-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm a member of The SHTF club. So where do I sign up for TSWHTF club. Just remember Scwitt splatters so keep those shades on for eye protection.

Oh hey What's an acronym ?

Not really.

edit on 24-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just spatter another layer.

Really. It OK.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

alphabet soup anyone?

new topics

top topics

join