It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bitcoin be the currency of the NWO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
When I first heard of Bitcoin I immediatly thought that it would eventually get challanged by the government because its percieved as being "anti-central bank".

However it hit me one day that currencies like Bitcoin have several key points that would be highly sought after when trying to create a one world order or global central bank.

If you would like to read more details about Bitcoin, you can hit up the Wikipedia page.

I don't use the currency so some of what I say may be unfounded, so please correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.

1. Bitcoin relies on a peer to peer (P2P) network in order to do all its operations. It derives its security by having all users in the system validate transactions. There for in order to use this system you must be "on the grid". This means to make any transactions you must be connected to a worldwide network (the internet in this case) because without all other users authenticating your transaction it is not valid.

2. Currently every person (node) has to validate transactions. Because this requires work on your part, you get a small cut from each transaction that over time earns you money. This is the "mining" apsect of the system. There for a government can entice people to be part of the system by giving them money just for being part of it, but still justify it as not being simply a handout.

3. Because all transactions are validated through the public system, transactions can be data mined. It essentially works that each user has a unique 33 character hash that is their address. In the cloud, every transaction is viewed as Person A gives Person B $200. Now the anonymity currently comes from the idea that you keep your 33 character address secret and thus no one can connect the bitcoin address to the real life person. But if a government was able to require to know each persons address (for your safety of course) then they could not only watch all your transactions but essentially know how much wealth each person has. This means no one could cheat taxes, and those who have more wealth then others think they should could be identified immediatly.

4. Bitcoin is of course a fiat currency. This isn't neccassarily a blow against it as almost all modern currecencies are. It just means its already conforms to current standards, and it can play into the next point.

5. Currently the bitcoin system is open source and is pretty well a closed loop. Currently outside of some extreme computational resources you can't cheat or manipulate the system. But if a government were to implement this monetary system they would say that the open source aspect is not safe and they would need to make it more secure. This money would be unqiue from traditional money in that it is based on software. Software inherently has the ability to have backdoors. This would mean the money, being a fiat money, is worth whatever its said to be worth but also have the built-in ability to change in real time.

6. The Twist! As we are told right now Bitcoin is dangerous because it allows people to move currencies outside the control of the government. And that logically the only reason one would do this is to perform illegal transactions. So what if the government did implement a fully controlled global online currency like Bitcoin? Well it wouldn't be too hard to connect the dots that infact hard currencies such as paper money and preciouls metals should be the illegal currency. Because those transactions can't be validated and tracked like this great online system. Therefore the only reason people would trade in gold, silver, cash is because they were making illegal purchases. And that my friends is how they would outlaw physical money.

Does this make sense? Qaulify as a conspiracy?
edit on 24-6-2011 by westrock2000 because: grammar clean up

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by westrock2000

I can't stand bitcoin. You either have to have an insane computer setup to generate coins, or you have to buy them with current currencies. Either way, you're spending a ton of money for little return. What's the point of having an alternative currency if it requires a current currency to operate?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm glad you posted this thread as I have had the exact same thought and feeling on Bitcoin.

The obvious solution for those that don't want the prying Government to interfere with open commerce.
Who's to say that Bitcoin wasn't established by the Puppeteers behind the NWO movement?
Who's to say that this won't be the new Global Currency... Certainly fits the bill to me.

What better way to introduce a new Global Currency that is supported by everyone when the people don't know that the Puppeteers are actually in control of it.

I am very suspicious of Bitcoin... There was a point when Torrents were first coming to light about how it was an untraceable P2P protocol.
Not the case now, is it...

Maybe it's just me but my gut is telling me not to trust or use it.

You know what they say... If it is too good to be true, then it most likely isn't.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Could Bitcoin be the currency of the NWO?

I'm sure it will be.

Social credit system is
p2pfoundation.net...

"The idea of a social credit system may derive from this resource Internet in the context of how it would deal with the human component of its creation and maintenance.

In essence, the idea of a social credit economic system is based on people being allowed more bandwidth of resources relative to the reputation they build in the society as whole, this reputation digitally tracked life-long, and the public opinion of a particular activity they are engaged in. It’s sort of like having a system that Googles your name regularly to see how many people know you on-line and how positive their opinions of you and then assigns you a credit rating based on that on the premise that what you do has a certain greater than average value to the society.

I sometimes call this Star Trek Economics because the concept was first presented in the popular culture in the Star Trek TV series. In Ray Bradbury’s vision of the future we arrive at a moneyless resource-based economy founded on ‘replicator’ use; a replicator being a machine that synthesizes anything it has a computer model for from pure energy and can recycle it back into energy, with some net loss. Thus the global resource budget is simplified to an energy budget. Everyone who lives in the Federation of Planets can use replicators to make whatever they want when they want it -within reason. You can’t have everyone going Imelda Marcos on this and luckily most people won’t because irrational overconsumption is a product of mental illness and the culture will treat it as such. (unlike today where we casually tolerate public displays of insanity by anyone who is rich enough) The system tracks everyone’s replicator use just like Internet service providers track your personal bandwidth use and if it sees that it has become aberrant it raises the WTF flag and a psychiatric ‘counselor’ calls you on your lapel communicator and asks you if you really did need those five thousand Swarovski crystal-studded pokemon figurines

Which is the same as resource based economics (promoted by Zeitgiest and the Venus Project. www.thevenusproject.com...

The term and meaning of a Resource-Based Economy was originated by Jacque Fresco. It is a system in which all goods and services are available without the use of money, credits, barter or any other system of debt or servitude. All resources become the common heritage of all of the inhabitants, not just a select few. The premise upon which this system is based is that the Earth is abundant with plentiful resource; our practice of rationing resources through monetary methods is irrelevant and counter productive to our survival.

This manner of transaction will need "security", in other words a unique internet ID is required. Here's the guys peddling the "Freedom Box" (uhhm no thanks, I like my freedom OUTSIDE the box
)
freedomboxfoundation.org...

Eben Moglen explained the FreedomBox in a short interview with the CBS Evening News. What is FreedomBox?
Email and telecommunications that protects privacy and resists eavesdropping
A publishing platform that resists oppression and censorship.
An organizing tool for democratic activists in hostile regimes.
An emergency communication network in times of crisis.
FreedomBox is the name we give to a personal server running a free software operating system, with free applications designed to create and preserve personal privacy. FreedomBox software is particularly tailored to run in "plug servers," which are compact computers that are no larger than power adapters for electronic appliances. Located in people's homes or offices, such inexpensive servers can provide privacy in normal life and safe communications for people seeking to preserve their freedom in oppressive regimes.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is a retarded question.

At first to compare bit-coins with venus project is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They propose a society without the concept of ownership, which is fundamentally opposed to any currency.

Bitcoin is actually a pretty moot thing if you understand how it works.
Yes there is no point on spending your fiat money on it as a substitute or addition to gold&silver, speculate on it or buy several AMD cards just generate them,

However if you have other reason to buy a AMD card like playing PC games bitcoin is a valid way to get some of your budget back, it even accommodates for it self sometimes. AMD recently released APUs the Ilano Architecture is able to generate the bitcoin equivalent costs of the system (~500USD) over its lifetime (5-10years).

So if any entity would be behind Bitcoin it would be AMD

Though some speculate it has been invented by a rouge fraction of the CIA...
bitcointalk.org...

Bitcoin has potential, yes but I don't think it will replace the current system right from the start. (Though imo we would be better of if it would).
Bitcoin isn't a fiat currency, it is based on a real world resource which is processing power, so bitcoins are a put that processing power will be a sought after resource in the future but a hedge against the development of a real quantum computer.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by westrock2000
Does this make sense? Qaulify as a conspiracy?

More like an experiment. Very beneficial for the starter of the bitcoin movement. If you can figure who or what Satoshi is, you'll probably figure out what bitcoin is.

new topics

top topics

join