It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mammoth etching on bone found near Vero Beach is authentic!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Evidently, the ancestors of the American Indian people lived in Siberia prior to their emigration to the Americas. Considering the fact that Siberia was home to woolly mammoths during the time-frame of this migration, then isn't it possible that this supposed depiction of a mammoth could have been done by someone without first-hand experience of the animal ?

The description of the mammoth may have been passed down through generations, with this carving just being the result of someone's artistic representation of information which had been imparted through successive tales of forefathers.

The carving could just as easily be interpreted as a depiction of an elephant !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e31275182126.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 25-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is very interesting, almost makes me want to go out and do a little exploring in the woods on the coast. I live in Vero and we've also found human remains here dating back about 13,000 yrs.

I always had a feeling the treasure coast had some mysterious history to it, just didnt know how far back.

Vero Man

edit on 25-6-2011 by smokeythabear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Very cool.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by OneEleven
As a member of the Muskogee/Ocmulgee Creek Indian tribe, an offshoot of the Mississipian culture, we KNOW, for a FACT that we have inhabited the Southeastern United States for at least 10,000 years.

Please share your source...just cuz that's the kind of place this is.

My source is a verbal history and tradition handed down from my ancestors....The native Americans were not a parchment kept people.....Rolls were introduced by Taylor, not by Techumsa....Any written or symbolic history was destroyed on a regular basis through tribal wars and exodus....

America....just cuz that's the kind of place this is...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by OneEleven

the hopi indians have a tablet on one of their mesas that dated back 10,000-30,000 years(one of 4 tablets, one was given to the whites, one to the blacks, one to the asians, and another to the hopi. all of them are still around.), lending credence to your history as well.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

Hello.....Thanks for your reply....This is actually a Cherokee Legend....My grandmother was Cherokee and related this story many times.....Here is the same story told by another...
The Tablets

Our modern need for a written history goes to show how disconnected we've become....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join