It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on the Today Show 6/20/2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Few key points on why Ron Paul is my guy.

(Among other things)

"whats wrong with legalizing freedoms and choices about your life"

"we shouldnt be the policemen of the world"

edit on 6/24/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
He is definitely the only hope out of the current field of candidates. The problem is that the Republican establishment despises freedom as enthusiastically as the Democrat establishment. Not only would TPTB keep him out for obvious reasons, but ideological Republicans will never nominate him because they hate him more than the liberals. He should milk the publicity of being a part of the Republican field as long as he can, then declare a 3rd Party candidacy as soon as Rick Perry or someone else gets the Repub nomination. He'd have a shot. I think a large majority of Independents would vote for him. There is no danger of bringing about a more negative result by splitting the Republican vote because there will be no substantial policy differences(actions, not words) between a establishment Republican Prez and Obama. Just some musical chair type shuffling in what specific special interests are given privilege.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

He is has been the only one I would vote for, unfortunately the media and such sensor the hell out of him like back in 08

IMO, I view the party system as a way to divide and conquer, red vs. blue
edit on 24-6-2011 by Beobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I read an interesting comment the other day about Ron Paul in an article posted on a site that deals mostly with Investments.

It went vaguely something like this "Politicians need to take note, I think most see Ron Paul as this wave that will just eventually go away. I see him more as the first Surfer to catch a wave that is just beginning to form. I suspect this wave will continue to grow and we are going to see a lot more Surfers catch it."

A few years ago I would have dismissed this as wishful thinking...I'm slowly beginning to wonder if Americans (and others of course) are finally waking up.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Beobachter

That was one of my favorite moments from the 08 Primaries. What was an obvious question to make Ron Paul look foolish he turned around and shut everyone up. You can even see it in the body language of the other Candidates, they are like "oh crap, Ron's scoring points".

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
In the first Post vid, at -- 2:38(5/19) the MSM guy says "FRINGE" and around at 3:05, he says, "I didn't say nuts" but with the MSM those mean the same one thing. Effin snakes. Do you see how these NWO-controlled psychopaths pull this (snip)?
edit on 24-6-2011 by simone50m because: edit.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Also, I'm worried that Ron Paul seems too nice. In a life-or-death --war-- you cannot afford to be nice with the enemy.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

The point behind Ron Paul's message is that aggression only creates more enemies, which is obviously true. He supports maintaining strong defenses, just not "pre-emptive wars" of occupation and wholesale slaughter of foreign civilians in order to liquidate a couple of suspected insurgents. And then be surprised when the insurgency grows. People tend to be resentful when you kill their children, siblings, spouses, friends, etc. It makes them more likely to take up arms against you. Rather than making a nonsensical, circular argument that this constant escalation justifies more war, Paul calls the truth as he sees it. If you stop occupying a country and stop wholesale bombing which always involves "collateral damage", most of your insurgents will no longer have cause to fight you. And almost none have the resources to "fight us at home". He is simply being rational, as opposed to weak. If push came to shove I have no doubt he would defend the nation if he had to. He just wouldn't create the problem to begin with.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

OOps, I think I am misunderstood. I meant --- political --- enemies in the "war" for the WhiteHouse. Oh truly truly believe me when I say, I am anti---war all the way, re. these violent adventures that the US instigates, and uses false flags to do so. Those must STOP NOW. And forever. I believe the only legitimate war the US ever participated in was World War II.
But like I said re. Ron Paul and "war", if someone like him does not get in, these military hot wars abroad will continue and escalate into some globally disasterous nuclear conflagration. Hence, my "life and death" statement. Also, 'mortal combat' with the Mainstream Media. This is what I mean about my fears he's "too nice". Some of these NWO-controlled Globalist Neocon Warhawks could chew him up and spit him out for breakfast, if he is "too nice" with them as well. He needs Jesse Ventura by his side. Jesse is looking for a reason to bench press some traiterous little girly man, methinks.
edit on 24-6-2011 by simone50m because: edit.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Ron Paul just may be our next President, according to the voters.

My political science teacher said it best, if you can get the young crowd, 18-30, to vote for you'd win. Problem is that crowd is lazy & doesn't vote & for that reason they aren't a targeted audience by any presidential candidate.

But if you could tap into that untapped resource, you'd steal the world. Ron Paul said it best in this video that the young crowd, from 15 to 30, are listening to him and agree with him. I know I do!

Holy wow, I had no idea that Ron Paul is 75 and if he wins he'll take the oath at 77, becoming the oldest president evar! He looks damn good for his age. I say its time to break another record
edit on 24-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Therefore, there is a war on. Between us voters versus the MSM-&-Bilderbergers. Thats what it boils down to. Can we win? Lets try. As if your life and all that you do/and have ever valued, depended on it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

18-30 is the Democratic main voting base. Ron could steal a good portion of them, but imo, not as a Republican.

Republicans don't like Paul. And Paul get's voters from all areas of the political spectrum. So there in lies Paul's issue... he is a Republican, and cannot win the Republican primary because Republicans don't like him. If he ran as an Independent, either with no part affiliation or a 3rd party like the Libertarians then he would at the very least steal a huge portion of the votes from the 2 parties. But Paul doesn't like the Libertarian party and won't run without a party affiliation.

Paul may have a chance if no big shot emerges for the 2012 election on the Republican ticket, but my guess is the GOP will throw it's weight behind a minority of some sort .. probably another woman to compete for the younger female vote responsible for electing Obama.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My strategy for Paul 2012:
Stay in the Republican field until an official nominee is declared at the Convention. Then declare an Independent candidacy. By doing this, he will remain visible in all the televised Republican debates and remain on the MSM radar, continuing to gain support and making more people aware of him and his beliefs. The more people that see him in his own words will realize that the MSM has grossly misrepresented Mr. Paul and his principles. With enough monetary support and intelligent use of manipulating the media (rather than the other way around), the Paul campaign really has a genuine chance.
I do think that "the establishment", in all its incarnations - political, financial, military, globalist, etc - will do whatever they can to compromise, corrupt, intimidate, or defame the man. America's new political awakening, should it happen, may be ugly.

new topics

top topics

join