It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Tells the Truth About Taxing the Rich

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Bush campaign holds rally in Va.; Dems sense weakness

Bush criticized Kerry's plan to eliminate the tax cuts for those making more than $200,000 a year, saying that the "the rich in America happen to be the small business owners" who put people to work.

Bush also said high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy because "the really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway."

Asked about that comment, Jonathan Beeton, spokesman for Kerry's campaign in Virginia, said "George Bush can speak with authority about really rich people. ... That's his base, so I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. But that doesn't make it right."

Well yes, Mr. President, the rich figure out how to dodge taxes, because the IRS code is full of loopholes and provisions for tax shelters which have no purpose other than to avoid taxes. Why don't you make some proposals to close the loopholes and do away with phony tax shelters?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Why hasn�t Kerry proposed legislation to close these loopholes? Kerry is a billionaire who benefits the most from the loopholes. What has Kerry proposed to the Senate to fix this problem?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
DG, you are such an intelligent person, why you continue to bash one side while knowing the other is as much to blame for the loopholes, is beyond me. You and I know the only way to change what is happening in our country is to change the status quo in Congress. There should be term limits put in place so the Congress can't spend a CAREER, paying off favors to special interests.

They are there to represent the people, not Affluent groups of people, ie special interests, unions, and other lobbyists.

Either, you are part of the effort, or you do not realize that you are supporting the status quo, tell me which one are you?

If you want change in our government, you have to see what our country has gone through since the 1960's. Take an unbiased look and you should be able to see that our government has taken advantage of our citizens lack of serious interest in the workings of the nation's gov't.

Who's fault is it when our Presidential candidates can twist words & history in commercials, without retribution? It is OURS, because we haven't held them accountable.

We have been told that this is politics as usual, but I think that it is a catch phrase for the voters who only check headlines and don't look at the issues.

Case in point, the attacks on Kerry about his "so called" condemnation of all military who served in Vietnam, this is easily discounted by those who take a few minutes to search history. The same about the attack on Bush's time in the national guard. I served 8 yrs in the Nat'l Guard and I missed some time myself, it is not an uncommon thing for some to miss Nat'l Guard time. You are required to achieve a certain amount of time to have a good year, but you can miss time, and you will not be paid for time missed.

Two ugly and inexcuseable examples of politics today IMO. I served both active duty and guard time and respect all who volunteer to serve, regardless of what MOS (Military Job) they hold. I respect every single member of the military in the same esteem right now, whether they were deployed to Iraq or are serving food at basic training in Ft Jackson SC. To me they are all worthy of my respect.

Again, I drift off-topic, but DG, this tit-for-tat bashing of our Presidential candidates is only adding to our problems, not in the spirit of solving problems.

If you are looking for a solution, become part of the solution, don't become a party to the problem. Let us work towards something better and more representive of the country's voters...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
JacKatMtn, you have spoken words of wisdom.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
If you are looking for a solution, become part of the solution, don't become a party to the problem. Let us work towards something better and more representive of the country's voters...

That's great actually.
And I'm all for the high road. Assuming Republicans would ever get your memo.

Kerry Flip Flop Flip Flop
Kerry's Self Inflicted Vietnam Wounds
Kerry Ran Under Fire
Kerry Lied About Christmas
Kerry Can't Think
4 out of 5 Swift Vets Agree...Kerry Hates Kittens!

You do equally rebuke these people don't cha JacKatMtn?

Or are Dems just supposed to take it like greek immigrant and not fight back?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I gauranty you that Kerry very much enjoyed Bush's tax cuts to the rich during the last 4 yrs. The Kerry/Heinz Corp would have benefited from them the most. That's why he hasn't pressed the issue yet.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Kerry Flip Flop Flip Flop By AntiPolitrix, thats mine!!

Kerry's Self Inflicted Vietnam Wounds
Kerry Ran Under Fire
Kerry Lied About Christmas
Kerry Can't Think
4 out of 5 Swift Vets Agree...Kerry Hates Kittens!

So Rant...Kerry is not a flip flopper? I am sorry you have so much hatred towards G.W. that you can not admit Kerry is a FLIP FLOPPER. Kerry only says what he thinks the people want to hear and that changes when the audience changes. Here are some links to what Kerry said and what Kerry says.
slate.msn.com...

Oh..but wait, here is a link to Kerry's Flip Flop, about 33 of them and other Kerry stories.
www.nojohnkerry.org...

John Kerry Waffles...again and again and again and again.
slate.msn.com...

Kerry is a flip flopper time and time again, i am just amazed you stick up for him "Rant". The flip flops are evident, just look
and you will find them..everywhere.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
Kerry is a flip flopper time and time again, i am just amazed you stick up for him "Rant". The flip flops are evident, just look

Or rather Republican attack ads and posts to that effect are everywhere. A point you proved in my favor admirably with your additional links. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
Well yes, Mr. President, the rich figure out how to dodge taxes, because the IRS code is full of loopholes and provisions for tax shelters which have no purpose other than to avoid taxes. Why don't you make some proposals to close the loopholes and do away with phony tax shelters?

I guess you are the only one who knows Kerry's proposals about taxing the rich. Oh yea..he is rich, very rich. So why would he fix the tax cuts for the Rich, he is rich. If he wins the Presidency he will be the third richest President ever. And you expect him to change the tax code so that it does not benefit him? You are being ridden donguillermo, ridden hard and asking for seconds.
moneycentral.msn.com...

Is that Hillary? Gives me the chills evertime i see it.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix

Or rather Republican attack ads and posts to that effect are everywhere. A point you proved in my favor admirably with your additional links. Thanks.

By providing links to several Kerry Flip Flops? Ok, i am not sure where you are going with this, but ok. If anything i showed you how many Kerry flip flops are out there, i don't have the time to go through them all. I know the majority of the flip flops are presented by the Republicans but these are words spoken by Kerry himself, you can not argue with that. And like i said, Kerry only says what he thinks the majority wants to hear and that changes from place to place from audience to audience. Kerry=Flip Flop

And..it would help if you read the links Rant, and not just blow them off because it came from a Republican site. Or does it burn your eyes to see the truth about your candidates flip flopping.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Donguillermo you are the dumbest person on earth.

You want to know who tried to close the Tax Loopholes?

Reagan.

Do you know what happend?

By 1985 all of Reagan's tax reforms were reversed and his political career nearly destroyed as far as motivating Congress to do anything.

President Bush's plan has been to avoid the "tax rebellion" that the Rich and oh well just about EVERYONE fights for when the loopholes are closed.

The only people the loopholes do NOT benefit, are the middle class that has no ownership in anything, which is not a lot of people.

Teacher Unions
Labour Unions
Industry
Energy
Schools
Universities
States
Localities
Citizens

Just about everyone attacked Reagan between 1981 and 1984 to destroy his tax reforms.

His tax reforms were basic, lower taxes across the board, but make everyone pay them no loopholes.

That blew-up in his face.

Bush's plan?

Lower taxes across the board, do not eliminate the loop-holes and to only give the tax cuts for the rich by reinvestments in America, not for assets abroad.

You think the tax cuts are simply a cut in income? Idiot...

Bush's tax cuts are mostly an incentive, if you invest 3 million dollars in property in the US, you are taxed only say 15% on it whereas before you are taxed 35%. This benefit does not exist if you invest your 3 million dollars in a French mining company or such.

I hope this little explaination helps straighten out your stupidity, because Bush has the best Tax plan this nation has seen in 100 years.

Both himself and his administration are not making the mistakes that both the Democrats and Republicans have made up until the year 2000.

Just, in conclusion to put your stupid arse where it belongs.

Why don't you make some proposals to close the loopholes and do away with phony tax shelters?

It's not really the President in control of this, it is Congress, and if a President tries to change it, hell opens beneath the Beltway.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's one facet of Bush's tax plan.

Increase incentives for small businesses to grow

Small businesses create the majority of new jobs and account for half the output of the economy.
Current tax laws permit them to write off as expenses up to $25,000 worth of equipment purchases. The President�s plan would increase that limit to $75,000 and index it to inflation � encouraging them to buy technology, machinery, and other equipment they need to expand.

This is an incomprehensive list, basic, just right for you Donguillermo.

www.gop.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
FreeMason says

Donguillermo you are the dumbest person on earth.

You think the tax cuts are simply a cut in income? Idiot...

I hope this little explaination helps straighten out your stupidity,

Just, in conclusion to put your stupid arse where it belongs.

I have a question for the moderators. Why do you allow FreeMason to continue to insult me in this way, in blatant violation of the rules of this forum? This makes at least four or five times FreeMason has insulted me in this way in the two months I have been posting here. All you ever do is give him a warning.

I have also seen him insult other posters and get warnings. Yet you continue to allow him to post here. Why do you bother having rules against insults if you are not going to enforce them?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
I have a question for the moderators. Why do you allow FreeMason to continue to insult me in this way, in blatant violation of the rules of this forum? This makes at least four or five times FreeMason has insulted me in this way in the two months I have been posting here. All you ever do is give him a warning.

I have also seen him insult other posters and get warnings. Yet you continue to allow him to post here. Why do you bother having rules against insults if you are not going to enforce them?

First, it might be a good idea to stop trying to Moderate by proxy.

I could launch into a whole speech about the Warn system, etc, etc, etc but I believe things have been explained to you by the Admin quite well. A simple u2u would have worked and not this big "poor me" public outcry.

Similar to what happens with little kids who are five years old...I'm tempted to give you a warn for being such a big tattler.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well Zedd, FM is breaking the rules, but yes, the warn system is good enough. It is a public symbol of your misactions. But still, insults not allowed, so maybe FM will clean up his act.

And for Democrats always damning Bush and bashing him, yes, it is true, it is called politics. This has been going on for about 200 years, has it not? Wasn't Goerge Washington the first and only unanamous(sp?) elected president? Everyone else had to campaign, throw mud, tell the truth about the other person, so forth. Why do people think it is such a new thing?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well Zedd, FM is breaking the rules, but yes, the warn system is good enough. It is a public symbol of your misactions. But still, insults not allowed, so maybe FM will clean up his act.

And for Democrats always damning Bush and bashing him, yes, it is true, it is called politics. This has been going on for about 200 years, has it not? Wasn't Goerge Washington the first and only unanamous(sp?) elected president? Everyone else had to campaign, throw mud, tell the truth about the other person, so forth. Why do people think it is such a new thing?

Good observation...It has been that way forever. My statement, to everyone who "Chooses sides no matter what" is, does that make it right? Does that make it OK? I think by doing that you are stripping the freedom of independant thought from yourselves. That's the problem with the majority of people, they feel like they are part of something, I guess, by taking sides and defending that side no matter what. Sad. I wish more people would see things for what they are. I call it as it is. Why defend these poloticians? Is it doing you and your family any good? What do we, the ordinary citizen, gain from picking sides just because you hate the other side? Why not create a new side, then you may eventually get better leaders. If the republicans and Democrats can't clean up their act then maybe it's time they sat it out and a new party take a turn. New people who don't make careers out of telling us what we want to hear, then doing what they want. And making a career out of it. The politicians want people to act like this, because then they own you. You become their blind followers with no free thought. Believing everything they say even when deep down you know it's not true. I figure this will just keep going on until it reaches a point of no return or, hopefully, people will realize that we're all being duped and get mad as hell...at both Republicans and Democrats, and demand change for a better future. But, as I rant, I think to myself...I can dream can't I?

Just my $0.02

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here is a very simple and effective solution for the tax mess in this country. Simply introduce a 10% flat tax on income and capital gains payable to the Fed Govt. The states can keep their property tax and sales tax but remove store bought food and necessities from the sales tax umbrella and beef up the sales tax rate on luxury items.

This is fair across the board. For instance if you have a low income you will basically be paying the 10% income tax and nothing else assuming you rent and are paying for your basic needs. If you are rich you pay a bit extra on the sports car and capital gains on investments. Sure the tax lawyers would have to join the unemployment line but I hear McDonalds is hiring.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We Have a winner ^^^^^ I'm paying over 40%of my income in taxes now. After i figure every single tax in. 10 % sounds great to me.
Think about it it costs you 30% to earn a dollar and 7 % to spend it. Then add up all your other taxes.

My neighbor is on WEL-FARE, has a new car and his rent is payed for by the government: HUDD

[edit on 11-8-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yep that's the problem IXRAZORXI321 in this country it is not the rich or the poor that are carrying the tax burden it is the middle income families that get screwed. That is why we need a simple flat tax so the more you earn the more you pay. Very simple. This would be a disproportionate tax system which is why it would be necessary to remove sales tax from necessities and raise taxes on luxury items. If I had my way I would also raise taxes through the roof on alcohol and tobacco. I am an expat Aussie and downunder a pack of cigarettes costs almost $10. A nice little earner for the Fed and State Govt's. Don't like it cut back or quit. Besides the financial benefits the social benefits would be enormous.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321
We Have a winner ^^^^^ I'm paying over 40%of my income in taxes now. After i figure every single tax in. 10 % sounds great to me.
Think about it it costs you 30% to earn a dollar and 7 % to spend it. Then add up all your other taxes.

My neighbor is on WEL-FARE, has a new car and his rent is payed for by the government: HUDD

[edit on 11-8-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

One question and im not be racist but i do have to ask. I am sure i know the answer but here it is. Is your neighbor on Wel-fare white?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join