It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsflash!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If you distract the girl at the liquor store with small talk there is a possibility she will forget to charge you for all the beer you are purchasing.

Distraction: Discuss.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well if she doesn't say you can have the beer and you walk out with it they can nail you for theft.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes its possible but then being an honest person you would remind her and pay for your beer..if not then you are a thief ..plain and simple

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Well if she doesn't say you can have the beer and you walk out with it they can nail you for theft.

No, it's more of a case of: presenting your items, paying for it, then realizing you have extra beer when you get home. Which unsurprisingly leads to extra drinking. And extra threads posted in General....

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
reply to post by boncho

Yes its possible but then being an honest person you would remind her and pay for your beer..if not then you are a thief ..plain and simple

Technically you are not a thief because you presented your goods, and you paid for the amount asked.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

If its from some big chain liquor store and the beer your buying is from a #y co. like bud light then its ok.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You could distract her by telling her you saw another person shoplifting..when she checks it out you leave with your STOLEN beer .YOU ARE STILL A THIEF

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
If you distract the girl at the liquor store with small talk there is a possibility she will forget to charge you for all the beer you are purchasing.

Are you playing another head game ?your replys do not match your original post

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

From the OP:

she will forget to charge you for all the beer you are purchasing.

One of your posts:

No, it's more of a case of: presenting your items, paying for it, then realizing you have extra beer when you get home.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

DISTRACTION DISCUSS makes it seem like you want to discuss how to distract her..you forget that in futher posts and state you PAID for SOME of the items...do the right thing go back to the store pay for the beer that you took

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

DISTRACTION DISCUSS makes it seem like you want to discuss how to distract her..you forget that in futher posts and state you PAID for SOME of the items...do the right thing go back to the store pay for the beer that you took
WE GOTHA on this one hahahaha wheres my star ????

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

"it" described as the goods you present. Last time I checked, it is not a customer requirement to count what you have. Unless you are using those automated terminals.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

#1. Maybe, she liked you and wanted a date. Think Animal House.

#2. Maybe she was a ditz...see #1.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

My intention was not to distract. Yet my light conversation seemed to do just that.

...Could related to anything. Someone could bring up just about any point relating to distraction. Yet you choose to take a high 'moral' road.

Funny thing about business. Is what you agree to is what you give. That is a why a lot of businesses only deal in absolutes, they do not trust their representatives brokering deals on their behalf. Why is that? Because they are worried about a representative giving things away. Not understanding business. Giving the nod, okay or acknowledgement that something is less than what it is worth.....

Do we even know if the OP story is true.... Or did I make it all up?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by boncho

#1. Maybe, she liked you and wanted a date. Think Animal House.

#2. Maybe she was a ditz...see #1.

Hopefully it was a date...

Because she was gorgeous.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

You could distract her by telling her you saw another person shoplifting..when she checks it out you leave with your STOLEN beer .YOU ARE STILL A THIEF

Now that you have established your higher moral/righteous ground. Please explain the entire contents of your life mentioning how you have never crossed one person, and that you are a model individual in the eyes of society....

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I've had to argue with a checkout girl before because I gave her 20 pound for something less than 10 and she gave me like 2 pound change, she wouldn't believe me but I stood my ground until she checked and saw she put my 20 on her stack of 10's.

Just the other day a guy in a petrol garage gave me 5 pound change when all I gave him was a fiver, I tiold him and he took it back.
(Though admitedly i'm a regular there and I know the guy some, any other place I may have thought twice).

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's simple, you go into a store, you grab what you need, you pay for it and leave.

Plain and easy, it's how it's worked for the last couple of centuries.

Unless you are an alcoholic hobo, this doesn't need to really be made into a discussion.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I didn't say anything.

..I just quoted what you said was all. Especially since they both seemed to tell a different story.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by boncho

I didn't say anything.

..I just quoted what you said was all. Especially since they both seemed to tell a different story.

That could be because I have been drinking the beer since I got home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join