It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama withdrawing troops - Really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes Obama promised a withdraw of 10,000 troops by summers end, and a lot more additional troops by 2012 which included his surge.

My questions is even if all the troops are withdrawn are they really? Actually no because their are private military contractors such as haliburton and xe/blackwater who have private paramilitary forces and are now the new army in Iraq. Obama has no control over this.

www.thenation.com...

And my assertions were correct:

The State Department is asking Congress to approve funds to more than double the number of private security contractors in Iraq with a State Department official testifying in June at a hearing of the Wartime Contracting Commission that the Department wants "between 6,000 and 7,000 security contractors."

How do we know how much military is on the ground in Iraq, private and civilian.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Is this a response to my post? If so I feel flattered
and yes that is interesting about the "private army”

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
"Withdrawing" AKA: Displacing

I'm sure these "withdrawn troops" will end up in Yemen, Libya, Syria, Iran or Pakistan sooner than later.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

What post...I was not aware..? No I think that Just because public military is withdrawn does not mean private military has withdrawn.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
withdraws goverment troops while he beefs up private military contractors. Obama, Hope and Change

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think there will be troops coming home...but in my opinion this is just going to be for show and tell...election season right around the bend and troops coming home all over the news will make Obama a hero.

I seriously doubt that it will last long...if Obama is re-elected then you can almost bet the number of troops that come home will be nothing compared to the troops that are sent back over.

Troops will come home because it looks good...nothing more IMHO.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Is this not almost exactly what Bush jr did in the Iraq war, and ended up taking 3 more years then he said it would?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He needs this 30,000 troops so he can invade Libya, Syria and Yemen in the coming months

UK news said 30,000 troops....but they did start with a figure of 10,000 last week

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm just speculating but I found myself wondering if this sudden desire to withdraw is in response to Ron Paul becoming more popular? A lot of people are tired of our foreign policy lately and Dr. Paul's intent to bring our troops back home is very appealing to a lot of people.

Obama stating his intent to bring back our troops might just be a ploy to get votes, many of them being stolen from Dr. Paul.

Again it's just speculation on my part. I find it all sort of funny, Obama hasn't really seemed interested in stopping the wars until it's time to start preparing for the next election.

new topics

top topics

join