It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Gaza flotilla activists may be breaking U.S. law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

www.haaretz.com

U.S. State Department says Gaza is run by U.S. designated foreign terrorist organization Hamas and Americans providing support to it are subject to fines and jail.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As you may or may not know, the 'Audacity of Hope' is due to depart from Chicago to Gaza in the next humanitarian aid flotilla.

I don't see how this is illegal. The Audacity is on a humanitarian aid mission to Gaza, not sending support for Hamas. For a country who's at war with Libya over human rights, we sure don't want to see aid reach the Gazan people.

Is it illegal to sail on a boat full of rice, wheat, medicine, and text books strictly on a humanitarian aid mission? I think that's called being a hero. Putting ones life on the line to save another.

www.haaretz.com
edit on 24-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is it me or have some odd truths been coming out from our political leaders..?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It is currently illegal to support terrorist organizations. The "government" there is hamas, a known and active terrorist group. So yes, they are violating the law.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

What I want to know is what law is being broken? Please don't tell me it's illegal to send aid to a terrorist organization (Hamas) because the aid is not meant for Hamas. It's meant for the people of Gaza.

Humanitarian aid is material or logistical assistance provided for humanitarian purposes, typically in response to humanitarian crises including natural disaster and man-made disaster. The primary objective of humanitarian aid is to save lives, alleviate suffering, and maintain human dignity.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

edit on 24-6-2011 by BiGGz because: read top post

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

What I want to know is what law is being broken? Please don't tell me it's illegal to send aid to a terrorist organization (Hamas) because the aid is not meant for Hamas. It's meant for the people of Gaza.
It doesn't work that way in totalitarian societies. Any aid sent will end up in the hands of the ruling class, in this case hamas.

Humanitarian aid is material or logistical assistance provided for humanitarian purposes, typically in response to humanitarian crises including natural disaster and man-made disaster. The primary objective of humanitarian aid is to save lives, alleviate suffering, and maintain human dignity.

I also don't buy that they are only sending "humanitarian aid".

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Humanitarian missions are now considered aiding terrorism? Right I try not to get involved too much in the issue of Israel/Palestine on this forum, but this is just pathetic and is clear evidence of the collective punishment of the Palestinian people. The more governments isolate Hamas, the more extreme they will become. Start talking, start negotiating and start helping the Palestinians and Israelis settle their disputes.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
It doesn't work that way in totalitarian societies. Any aid sent will end up in the hands of the ruling class, in this case hamas.

You don't know that. You're only assuming. And we cannot let 1.5 million people die because you have a hunch the supplies won't make it to the people. We've got to do everything in our power. Sorry, but I don't support genocide.

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

I don't care. I don't believe for a second these US citizens are aiding a terrorist group. Now you're just looking for an excuse.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This mission is going to aid the people of Gaza, it's not there to create conflict it's a bridge towards peace. You have to ask yourself, things like this are VERY high profile and followed very closely by international media. Why would they even risk bringing anything which could be considered anything other than humanitarian aid? It would completely discredit their mission. The people of Gaza deserve access to medicine, food and materials to rebuild their homes.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Israel says it's illegal that makes it illegal. Don't forget who's running this country.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Sorry, but I don't support genocide.
Of course you do. You just support the muslims in their desire to eliminate the Jews. Have you ever read the hamas charter? Do you understand their position on Jews and Israel?

3) "The hour of judgment shall not come until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them, so that the Jews hide behind trees and stones, and each tree and stone will say: 'Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.'

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So then how come the Red Cross and various other aid organizations haven't been brought up on charges. They were guilty of patching terrorists up and letting them walk back out on the battlefield way back in the 90s.

Please it's nothing more than a political move to prove their authoritarian control over us. Can't wait til it backfires.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Breaking US law?

I did not know GAZA was the 51st US state.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising
So then how come the Red Cross and various other aid organizations haven't been brought up on charges.
Let's see.
1) How come the federal government does not enforce many of it's laws?
2) How come the federal government sues states for trying to enforce laws?
3) How come lawmakers are among the most egregious law breakers?
4) Who is John Gault?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's perhaps useful to understand why the US is getting so twitchy about the latest aid flotilla. It's because one of the ships involved - the Audacity of Hope - is a US flagged ship. This has profound legal implications.

Craig Murray, the former British ambassador to Uzbekistan, was also Head of the Maritime Section of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office earlier in his career. He is therefore well-versed in maritime law. As he explains:

The vessel is entitled to free passage.

This right of free passage is guaranteed by the UN Convention on the Law of the Seas, to which the United States is a full party. Any incident which takes place upon a US flagged ship on the High Seas is subject to United States legal jurisdiction. A ship is entitled to look to its flag state for protection from attack on the High Seas.

For further details see his recent blog on the matter. It's essential reading.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

www.haaretz.com

U.S. State Department says Gaza is run by U.S. designated foreign terrorist organization Hamas and Americans providing support to it are subject to fines and jail.

Well, if it is illegal to give money, etc to terrorist organizations, I guess most of the people in the US, who pay taxes to the US government, are guilty of activity supporting a terrorist organization, huh?

NOT sarcasm.

'Course, the US doesn't officially designate itself a terrorist organization, but that doesn't really matter.

As long as we (as citizens) contribute (monetarily, etc) to actions that terrorize or hurt other people (via the MIC), as long as we passively stand indifferent and FUND it, we are just as guilty as anyone else. Render unto Caesar, my butt.

It's an ethical thing....
edit on 24-6-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hamas is a CIA creation. I thought this was likely and found another article about it too.

www.prisonplanet.com...

It looks as if Hamas was designed to weaken the Moslem world and aid the fascist agenda.

2. The CIA, and its friends in MI6 and Mossad, developed the idea of using ‘Moslem’ militants to advance their ‘fascist’ agenda.

Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, which is used by the CIA and MI6 to do their dirty work.

(The use of the Muslim Brotherhood by MI6 and the CIA in Egypt, Syria and Iran)

Hamas has made the Palestinians look like ‘mad Moslems’.

Hamas has divided the Palestinians.

Hamas has given the Israelis an excuse to kill off hundreds more Palestinians.

enjoyingthejourney.blogspot.com...

Just like the CIA Created Al-Qaeda, the Mossad Created Hamas
Osama bin Ladin aka Tim Osman with Zbigniew Brzezinski in the late 1980's on the Afghanistan border...

"It's truly saddening and frightening to see so many people from the 9/11 truth movement and the nominally intelligent sectors of American society duped by the new government fairy tales that Americans Nick Berg and Paul Johnson and Korean Kim Sun-il were beheaded by al-Qaeda terrorists when in fact the perpetrators were international mercenaries who draw their paychecks from the subterranean murder bureau run by the United States Central Intelligence Agency, Israel's Mossad and the hired henchmen of morally bankrupt and Bush-connected Saudi Arabian royalty." (source)

It seems the US should stop DUPING People and come clean, because they, the CIA/Mossad and UK are behind it all.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Psychopaths run the world.
That really explains everything. Once you come to this conclusion, it all makes sense.
Why else would bombing Libyan children be called "humanitarian", and sending food and necessities to Gaza be called "illegal"...
By the U.S. government which happens to "lead" the west....

www.redicecreations.com...

Check out the link. The book that Zbignew Breszinski himself tried to prevent being published.

PSYCHOPATHS run the world and he knows it, but he is psycho too.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by winston_jones

Ding ding ding! I think we have a winner. I think your post describes the predicament that they have put themselves in. If the flotilla didn't fly under a US flag it might have not created as much of a controversy. Though, there still would be an issue if they tried to go to help Gaza because of the whole Hammas thing, but that shouldn't be enough to get them to be considered terrorists. I think your post really hits the mark though since they are completely subject to US law since they are acting as if they represented the country when they don't.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join