It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nabro Volcano continues to erupt showing strong activity, yet there is still zero media coverage?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What is going on here? This is a volcanoe that has not erupted in recorded human history and continues to show strong activity for almost two weeks now with the latest eruption today:

earthquake-report.com...

UPDATE 24/06 – 15:00 UTC : Besides a new Modis Terra satellite image from earlier today showing again very strong activity, no other news could be found. No pictures, no reports from scientists (unless they keep it secret), no reports from the governments, …….. We still have a hard time understanding it !

edit on 24-6-2011 by Disconnected Sociopath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

I remember the recent mt etna eruptions hardly got spoken about compared to the one around 1991(cant remember the exact date), not sure if this is because there has been lots of more serious disaters recently but thankfully I have ats to learn about almost every major volcanic eruption or earthquake that happens.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I am beginning to learn if we report things long enough here and other internet sites they will finally decide to do a story on it. Everything is being so unreported lately I am beginning to wonder if most of them have gone somewhere. They can't seem to give an up to date report or warnings for the weather. It is as if they have no idea what is going on. The news is just not there. It is very isolated stories and keep being reported over and over. The news reporters I am use to seeing don't seem to be around. I keep seeing people wondering WTH is that. I have no idea but maybe they already ran for shelter. Who knows.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disconnected Sociopath
What is going on here?

What's going on here is a complete world wide media blackout on any and all
natural disasters leading up to 2012.

this does not mean that you WON'T EVER hear about it in the msm.
What it does mean is that when and IF you do, it will be covered by ONE outlet and not on others, thus
underplaying the severity and/or it will NOT be headlined if it is mentioned at all.
It also means that IF it is covered, rest assured, it will be too damn late for anyone to do ANYTHING about it!!!

A blind man could see what is going on here.
Things are gettng worse. If you don't buy into the whole 2012 nonsense because of the BS that is put out there
by the MSM you might want to look at it again but from a different angle. It IS happening.
Maybe not the way it was portrayed in the movies but it IS happening!

Our lease on this planet is up and I am not so sure we are going to be offered a renewal.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by Disconnected Sociopath
What is going on here?

What's going on here is a complete world wide media blackout on any and all
natural disasters leading up to 2012.

this does not mean that you WON'T EVER hear about it in the msm.
What it does mean is that when and IF you do, it will be covered by ONE outlet and not on others, thus
underplaying the severity and/or it will NOT be headlined if it is mentioned at all.
It also means that IF it is covered, rest assured, it will be too damn late for anyone to do ANYTHING about it!!!

A blind man could see what is going on here.
Things are gettng worse. If you don't buy into the whole 2012 nonsense because of the BS that is put out there
by the MSM you might want to look at it again but from a different angle. It IS happening.
Maybe not the way it was portrayed in the movies but it IS happening!

Our lease on this planet is up and I am not so sure we are going to be offered a renewal.

I'll admit I was extremely skeptical about this whole 2012 doomsday stuff, but then I did my own research and began to understand the science behind all of it, particular the galactic alignments and solar activity that ties into the potential pole shift theory of what might exactly happen, in fact I thought it was quite odd that NASA has recently announced we are heading toward a 'slowdown' of solar activity when the MSM has pounded it into our heads for years that global warming is a major problem and that the exact opposite is happening?

If I had to suspect why there is no MSM coverage of this particular Nabro event, its either because scientists don't want to look stupid because they really don't know what is going on there since they have no historical data to look review and compare. Or they do know what this volcano is capable of and choose to ignore it for the time being because it very well could be ramping up for a major eruption that would have dire consequences on the world.

But getting back to 2012 - No matter what scientists, government, etc keep telling us. There is certainly an uptick in seismic and volcanic activity the last several years. In fact look at the Japan disaster. If we have been told that these type of mega quake ruptures on subduction faults are events that happen ever 500 - 1000 years is it a coincidence that we have seen 3 of them (Japan, Sumatra, Chili) in the last 6 years alone, including two within the last 13 months?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks for your link to the site covering this eruption which might as well not exist left to msm. I read all the alignments for Elenin coming up after the Feb. prediction of an alignment for Mar. 11 proved to be so prophetic in the earthquake in Japan. Was also intrigued by the close alignment of Elenin to the same plane wherein the planets and earth travel. Was also intrigued by it's close alignment with the equator of the earth and the earthquakes and volcanos popping 10 above and 10 below the equator. Seems like you all may be right and this is the beginning of no reporting of major disasters.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

I am beginning to learn if we report things long enough here and other internet sites they will finally decide to do a story on it. Everything is being so unreported lately I am beginning to wonder if most of them have gone somewhere. They can't seem to give an up to date report or warnings for the weather. It is as if they have no idea what is going on. The news is just not there. It is very isolated stories and keep being reported over and over. The news reporters I am use to seeing don't seem to be around. I keep seeing people wondering WTH is that. I have no idea but maybe they already ran for shelter. Who knows.

Going back to 12-6-2011, I posted this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... when an EQ swarm seemed to be happening. Turned out that what we were witnessing was the start of the eruptions but as usual the MSM didn't report.

Eventually they did but we were hours ahead of them. The only real reporting going on anymore is that of the people and we have to keep it up or else no one will know anything of what is REALLY happening until it's too late.

Good Thread. SnF

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There were NO reports on the EQ last night on any MSM, until I found out here.

I agree with the post above, we won't know what's really going on, we'll have to find the hard way. Or until it's too late, then God help us or I should say the Annunaki.

Wonder when or if the New Madrid will awaken, cause I'm right by it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

All I hear is Casey Anthony this Casey anthony that.....Every time I turn on the news that's all I hear....
Whatever happen to the ash falling like snow in Chile??? Haven't heard squat about anything...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

UPDATE 20/06 – 15:53 UTC : “According to NASA, the volcano spewed ash and large amounts of sulfur dioxide gas—the highest levels ever detected from space“.

And

Besides the Eritrean government who at least published a number of press releases, we could not trace 1 single report from the Ethiopian government which describes the health of their own people. Most of the toxic gases and the ash have been blowing for 97% into Ethiopia.

I found those two the most interesting so far. High levels of SO2 being pumped into the atmosphere is not good for global climate stability, combine that with the high levels of SO2 also being released from the volcano erupting in Chile we could see the potential of at least minor temperature cooling over the next few months. I am not a scientist though so it would be preferable for someone knowledgable in this subject to help us out.

Also it appears Ethiopia is being hit extremely hard by this volcanic ash and that is not good for the people there. Apparently no warnings on health have been issued by the Ethiopian government which is a real failure of leadership on their part.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Over the last year of seeing around a dozen significant geological events in that general geographic zone (East Africa), I am starting to think we might be seeing a pattern forming.

That new rift formation over there is also an interesting piece of the puzzle it seems.

Perhaps we are going to see even more similar activity soon in the next 50-100 years time frame? Like some other totally dormant volcanoes going off, more earthquakes, etc?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Why would you expect this to be covered by the msm? It's not endangering any densly population centers and the locals there have been relocated and given supplies according to your link.

You have to remember that the msm are a business and as such they rely on people to view their programming or read their articles. If people don't do that they lose money so they must put out information that the public cares about this.

People don't care about this as it's not threatening anything and just one of hundreds that are currently erupting.

Just because it's a big deal to you doesn't mean it is to anyone else.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hi all

I don't know how to embed stuff, but found some pictures here...

www.irishweatheronline.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It is definately worth trying to figure out an approximation for the total amount of gas and aash that has spewed out into the atmosphere of late.
Between all the different volcanos from Iceland to Indonesia etc...
Id bet wed be getting some signifigant comparison with the last mega volcano think maybe?
What im seeing is drastic reduction of sunlight as well as cooler by several degree weather.....
But the overcast has been near continuous the last few months. from january oonwards, id say millions of tons of crap has been ejected skyward.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
For fun I started checking news sources.

First off, the big two:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39fddc61079b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68b3c3076cd5.jpg[/atsimg]

No surprises there?

I did find mention of the volcano from 10+ days ago on smaller news sites like Huffington. But you're talking about Africa. No one cares about Africa.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
What's to report?

A volcano in a remote part of Africa is still erupting. Unlike that in Chile it is not causing much air travel disruption. Main story this week has been that a group of exiled Eritreans opposed to the ruling govt have been using it for political purposes:

www.sudantribune.com...

I'm not sure how much reported in that story can be taken as true, given the political nature of the comments.

But the simple fact is that the media report the stories which they think will attract custom and they don't think Britons or Americans are very interested in hearing that a volcano in a remote part of Africa that erupted 2 weeks ago is still active .... Not when there are far more important things happening, like a slightly overweight, minor pop star, being seen wearing tight leggings!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
You're asking the media to report on the increase in Volcanic activity, and thus global cooling. You don't really expect them to put people on the correct scientific path, do you? When they can somehow figure out a way to say that Volcano's cause warming, then we'll hear about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
When I went to find this volcano on google earth, I found it interesting it is close to the Gulf of Aden.
Anyone else find that interesting?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
its in ethopia for one thing...nobody cares what happens in africa

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

i disagree volcanoes capture the imagination i love volcanoes the raw power and energy that really shows we are not the masters of all things like we think we are.
If you want proof of this just look at how danta's peak and volcano did at the box office to think we wouldn't want to know is just stupid.
I remember not to long ago that it didn't matter which part of the world it was in any kind of major disaster was headline news Africa especially war's famine drought's so if it was news worthy then why is it not now simple there must be a media ban report what you can't get away with and bury the rest.
Why do you think the news reporters you used to know are not on telly any more perhaps they got into news to report the truth about everything uncensored and feel they can not do that any more and as such have been fired or left on there own.
as a side note its interesting that we have 19 comments and yet this thread has 29 flags at the time of my post that in its self should speak volumes
edit on 25-6-2011 by djcarlosa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join