It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't You Vote For Obama in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Ohhh...I get to be the first one to throw this out there...

Because I am an ex-felon (or just felon) and I don't get to vote...for president or any other thing!

I was convicted in 1992 and did my time...but here we are in 2011...gearing up for the 2012 election and I still can't vote...oh well...such is life!

I really do think that almost two decades is enough of the rights losing for one felony...stupid law in my opinion.
That depends on the felony. Rape, murder, child molestation...no.
Receiving stolen property, or smoking pot....Well, imo those should not be "felonies" anyway.Governments have gone "crazy" with the felony designation. That is one of the things I would like to see changed.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I will Not vote for him because of little sh*t starters like you. Do you think that all of us here are idiots. Its obvious that you are bored and just want to stir the pot. If you TRULY think that he is a great and honest leader then you either:
A- live under a rock
B- believe whole heartly what the MSM spoon feeds you
C- live soley off the teet of the government
or
D- your a complete oblivious fool

So there friend, which one is it?
My bet is still on - you just want to stir the preverbeal poop pot.
We welcome inteligent conversation, not bored uneducated rethoric
Go troll elsewhere buddy.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why don’t I vote Obama, because I can’t, I am from the UK

If I could vote Obama I would, I am jealous of America for having such a strong leader and we get stuck with a whimpy posh boy and his pouch (Cameron and Cleg). On saying that I would have much rather have had Blair over Bush.

edit on 24-6-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)
We will sell him to you, cheap. However, we do have a strict "no returns"(not even for store credit) policy.

LOL with his birth certificate you have a hard enough time proving he is a American citizen, I don’t think it would be possible to change it again to pretend he is eligible as a British citizen and therefore he is eligible to become PM
What you do with your purchase is up to you, I will further discount the price though.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Obama?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It cracks me up when ppl think everything is going to change if we get another president. If ppl want change, they need to change Washington. Even then it probably won't change.

When someone has that much power (even Congressman, Senator's, Governer's, etc..) eventually it influences them and most likely they will make the same decision and mistakes that the person before them did. Everybody loves money, so when you get the oppurtunity to make as much as you want by manipulation...Its very tempting!

Watch..even if Ron Paul or whoever gets in office, nothing will change. It will continue to get worst until it can't get any worst.

link   
I don't wanna vote for any politician anymore. I would like to see a middle income, good valued, living the life of the average Joe person run. He would have my vote. Either every one of them forgot what it was like to be in the working class (if they ever were), or they don't care.

I wanna see someone who wasn't groomed for the position in office. Someone who is living the dream like we are. Someone who understands what the little guy is saying and will take action to correct it. Anyone know of someone running like that? I'm thinking Ron Paul is closest. But I haven't seen enough to make my decision

I know, I know, it's a pipe dream.........

link   
Because he is George Bush, part 2, except he's upped the ante way beyond Bush. Opening up a 3rd war against the wishes of the people and Congress (Even Bush got an authorization from Congress for Iraq). Legalizing the assassination of American citizens by government forces.
Authorizing drone surveillance of Americans on American soil. Standing behind an agency which is quickly becoming the Nazi SA of the US (TSA). Allowing a foreign corporation to control all federal government agencies and resources in a vast coverup of their criminal negligence(BP- and don't tell me you bought his posturing because I live in South Louisiana. BP ran that whole show and literally ordered the Coast Guard around like their little servants)
Supporting an economic and fiscal policy that is beyond destructive to the economy and to working Americans. Continuing to expand government powers so far beyond the Constitution's legal limits that the Founding Fathers would be sick.
Supporting a system of globalization that only decreases the standard of life for 99.9% of Americans. Continuing to suck up to a foreign power and allowing it to drive policy regardless if that policy is ruinous to the American people. Courting legislation that takes away any privacy or freedom on the internet.
Granting abusive powers to the FBI and other law enforcement and security agencies that would make Richard Nixon blush. Supporting the continuation of the failed War on Drugs which "justifies" the federal thugocracy. Continuing 2 destructive wars for no other reason than enriching a corrupt military industrial complex.
What the man advertises himself to be is far far removed from what he is. A corrupt, murderous, corporatist, globalist thug just like Mr. Bush.There are more, but I'll leave it at that for the moment.

edit on 24-6-2011 by louieprima because: spelling

edit on 24-6-2011 by louieprima because: righteous anger plays heck with my typing

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I agree...it should depend on the felony.

In my case it was a DUI...a felony because in the state I lived in a DUI involving an accident with injuries is a felony no matter what...I am not saying it shouldn't be...we all know driving drunk is stupid...but it has been years and I was a young dumb kid when it happened.

You think they would take things like that into consideration after...I don't know...ten years or so.

Anyway...back on topic...even if I could vote I would say nay to Obama...for a long list of reasons. I don't want to open up microsoft word and type an essay...so I will just leave it at I would not vote for him.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Yup. I say to hell with the U.S.A.

I don't understand why people really want to save this country. Letting the left and right run us into the ground is probably the best thing we can do.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

In my case it was a DUI...a felony because in the state I lived in a DUI involving an accident with injuries is a felony no matter what...I am not saying it shouldn't be...we all know driving drunk is stupid...but it has been years and I was a young dumb kid when it happened.

You think they would take things like that into consideration after...I don't know...ten years or so.

Anyway...back on topic...even if I could vote I would say nay to Obama...for a long list of reasons. I don't want to open up microsoft word and type an essay...so I will just leave it at I would not vote for him.
Can't you petition to have your rights restored? Every state is different, but most states will restore your rights upon a successful petition to do so. Some states restore them automatically.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

If I had a dollar for every stupid thing I've done, I'd be driving a Lexus.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Because i am not an american citizen.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Because i am not an american citizen.

That won't stop the progressives. C'mon over! Vote twice! THEY do!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If I had a dollar for every stupid thing I've done, I'd be driving a Lexus.
If I had a dollar for EVERY stupid thing I have EVER done? I could retire and buy Costa Rica or something.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It doesnt matter who you vote for anyway the Government always gets in.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I will gladly tell you why I am not voting for Barrack Obama. Like most have said within this thread... if he is President for Four more years.... we WILL be destroyed.

In 3 years he has sent this country into a Greater Depression. And before anyone rebuttals with "It's Bush's Fault!" Let me interject a little bit of common sense into this played out debate.

• War debt... How many Wars again are we in?
• Bailouts of the TOO BIG TO FAIL banks and corporations...
• SEVERAL failed stimulus programs

...And we are still sinking FAST! Let me tell you why it is Obama's Fault!

Keynesian Economics (the kind of economic theories Obama holds as the word of God) states that Recessions and Depressions are triggered by the Private Sector (businesses and banks) sitting on money.

While I definitely agree with JMK's theories on WHY this happens... I am smart enough to see the REASONS why many sat on and not recirculated.

Look at it this way...

You are a small business owner and you know your taxes are going to increase. You must "SIT" on your money to insure that you will have the funds to cover the increases in the next years taxes. This is what happened in 2009. Obama went crazy with "improving" the "structure" of our taxes.... Scared the hell out of big business... and CAUSED them to sit on their money until the knew exactly how much they were getting screwed. Ergo... Obama not only contributed to the economic strife we all are facing, but also acted as the initial trigger to the crisis.

On a side note, the OP needs to realize that it has never mattered who wins the popular vote, the Electoral College is the REAL decider of who becomes President.

As for Obama winning a Second term... Don't hold your breath. Our elections are and have been for quite some time, Scripted! The next President is scheduled as Rick Perry... with a running mate (VP) being pulled from the Tea Party.

To get back to your question... the main reason I am not voting for Obama and may not vote at all... is that democratic elections in this day and age ALWAYS go to the individual who has the best Marketing Campaign and the deepest wallets. I can see how the same marketing tricks used to make an individual choose Pepsi over Coke or Visa Versa; are being used in elections. The reason this is wrong is that the propaganda appeals only to your emotions and not reason.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Areveli

While I definitely agree with JMK's theories on WHY this happens... I am smart enough to see the REASONS why many sat on and not recirculated.

That's your first mistake. Agreeing with Keynes will never get you anywhere in life.

This is what happened in 2009

The recession started in 2008. I don't see how you can blame Obama for that.

ETA: The first recession was in 2001, the second was in 2008.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
I will vote for him in 2012.

He's kinda our only hope.

vote for Obama in 2012, good decision,

you're my man.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

I think anybody that is already decided on who they will absolutely not vote for before any debates have taken place is not really voting with an informed outlook.

I can't tell you why I won't vote for him because I haven't made that decision yet. However, I can tell you why he's not being considered so far and that would be his foreign policy. I have decided that, unless a candidate promises to bring home ALL troops and dismantle ALL military bases in foreign soil, I will not be able to vote for him/her.

So far Ron Paul is the only dude to say that. Unless Obama turns a new leaf or grows back his cajones he had in 2008, I can't support him.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Sorry for not going into extreme detail and making this 20,000 words longs.

The recession started in 2008. I don't see how you can blame Obama for that.

I can easily blame him for this... he built his CAMPAIGN around reformation... Change? Do you remeber this?

He scared the crap out of everyone with money and sent the economy nose diving. As for Keynesian Economics... I only agree with his CAUSES of Depressions and Recessions. Nothing more... as apparent by the fact that we are still hurting financially. The "stimulus" money BO gave to the banks are still sitting in their vaults collecting interest!!! Greed is greed anyway you slice it.

I can lean us much to say that Obama isn't the soul cause of the economic crisis... but he damn sure played an integral part in its current state. Bush had just as much to do with it, as well as Clinton. (NAFTA anyone?)

You have to keep in mind that our entire system of government is illegitimate. The democrats and republicans alike are shooting holes in our Constitution. The Judicial system has long been compromised, as well as the Executive office. We have a treasonous Emperor in the White House and he should be removed one way or another. (Either elect him OUT... or impeach the bastard!)

Note to mod: I am using the word Bastard correctly... please do not censor me.

There aren't any Checks and Balances anymore.... we are living under a soft dictatorship!

I cannot understand why so many people believe Barrack is still their messiah. His goal from day one was to allow Wall Street and Banks to rob us blind. He could care less about the US, he has his eyes on the UN and WORLD GOVERNMENT! He could honestly careless about us.

In regards to voting in general: I argue that with the psychological Marketing techniques used today... freedom of choice or FREEWILL as some have put it... is non-existent.

A warning to the future... watch your emotions... people are using them against you. Think rationally. Not emotionally.

I voted for Obama, primarily because McCain was one Heart attack away from "President Sarah Palin"... um... I don't think so. I would have rather had Ron Paul as my President, but seeing as he doesn't stand a chance in hell against these crooks... I'd rather not vote.

One last thing, before I get flamed as being a racist. Grow up. You do realize that there are MORE black men in the prison system now than there were slaves during the War of Northern Aggression (AKA: The Civil War)

Where are the so-called Civil Rights activist for these black men?
Wake up man, smell the embers. You are a slave...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join