It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over London Friday 2011 ? (pretty damn spectacular)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by zorgon
Seems to me posting an identifiable image of a person and slandering him with your 'opinion' might get you landed in a law suit
It's not slander, if it's true.

I'll go ahead and fast forward through time, and give a response to the next question also:
No thank you, I already know that I do not trust him.
If you want, you can prove that he [color=CFECEC]IS trustworthy.

Originally posted by Darce
......trying to [color=57E964]debunk .........
.....[color=57E964]Debunking....
What is this all for if your gut feeling is enough to prove anything to be a [color=57E964]hoax?

I did not use those words.

Originally posted by Darce
The guy filming here [color=57E964]obviously has a better camera than the one on his cell phone. Those people don't seem to, most likely they weren't able to capture anything worth posting with their phones.

Obviously??

Is this conclusion based on the [color=57E964]better camera's ability to manipulate reality and bend buildings?

Originally posted by davespanners

Hard to tell with the grainy video but maybe
They certainly seem to use the same hairdresser

Something about that smile..... just aint right.

edit on 6/25/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

Really ? Lol.

He is holding the camera a little to the side, that's why things arnt straight.

No point in discussing UFO`s on this forum, the smart ppl know that. Every dick and harry thinks they some sort of super de-bunker and think you get points on this forum for debunking or something. If the video is real or not, it will be 'debunked' by ATS 'pros'.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

No point in discussing UFO`s on this forum, the smart ppl know that. Every dick and harry thinks they some sort of super de-bunker and think you get points on this forum for debunking or something. If the video is real or not, it will be 'debunked' by ATS 'pros'.

Don't diss the google mafia mate, you could end up sleeping wid da phishes.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by modern
reply to post by freedommusic

The motion tracking is terrible in this london bridge video, camera moves and the lights move slightly out of sync with the clouds next to them.

LOT of effort for no apparent reason yet

It's not a lot of effort, they did 1 shoot outside the office window, another outside the office and then took a 30 minute trip down to tower bridge and did another 2 shoots there.

Heliocentric has nailed it, it's probably a work experience student at a CGI/post-production studio and they've given them a fun little task practicing CG effects and compositing.

I've done a bit of CG in my time and I could have created these exact 4 videos in an afternoon. I'd be happy to have a go at adding similar lights to a short video of similar quality as these if someone can provide that.
edit on 26-6-2011 by modern because: (no reason given)

Every tom dick and harry can do CGI ufo lights these days, doesnt mean its the first reason to jump to. I love how people will say that 7 ppl in the street were all working together while others on the other side of the road are also looking up etc. You connect them all, and connect another 4 videos of the same event and say it has to be linked ?
That is not a debunk lol.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
the big "ufo" sometimes didnt fit with the movement of the camera...

i say CGI

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sorry guys, this HOAX is BUSTED...

Off to the hoax forum...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well all i can add as a londoner
Is that it appears very strange! I for one seen nothing but heck that does not count for much, but i do find it odd how in the video that everyone starts looking up,

I know living hear that many people would really not bother to look to the sky! Even if there was a UFO!
London is an extremely busy place and most would not even care if something was floating above our city,

Also i find it odd that i heard about this via ATS and new papers, I know 100's of Londoners and i would have imagined i would have at least known someone who saw this or someone who knew someone else ect, but so far nothing,

But ill keep a listen out and get the buzz from the city and get back on here about it, Its hit a few newspapers today so im sure i may here a thing or 2 soon,

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Great footage if its real. The problem is there have been so many hoaxes and scams over the years one cannot look at a ufo video or picture without some measure of skepticism. Here is one simple truth, out of the millions and billions of "faked" evidence, there is that 1% that is real and true. Unfortunately do to certain individuals taking it upon themselves to "manufacture" evidence to force others to believe, only hurts the cause.
Lies and disinformation have done more to hurt ufo research and investigations than that 100% chance percentage of real evidence.

That being said, its kind of odd this guy just happened to be walking down the street with a camcorder, looked up and saw ufo's screwing around in the air? Im not saying its impossible, but its been my experience any real aliens or ufo's dont like us knowing they exist, so why perform a show in the day?
edit on 26-6-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: added

edit on 26-6-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: spelling correction

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, I live currently in London and would love to get more insight into this news.

According to the description of the video in The Sun Newspaper (I really dont think it could be considered such a credible source anyway) these UFOs have been wondering around for over a week until the guy could shoot them in a close up. So maybe that is why in this video he is walking and then pointing straight up, because he was watching them before from his flat....

"In the description, the video's author wrote: "Right - took over a week to get it....but finally managed to get these critters on camera on a clear day, and even get a close-up.

Beneath an earlier video, in which similar specs of light can be seen less clearly on a cloudy evening, the same user wrote: "Been seeing these odd lights over Central London (BBC Radio 1 building) randomly for the past week. Managed to get them on camera yesterday evening."

Anyway, I just hope some day we all can have real proof, and I mean solid proof. Meanwhile we are stuck with a bunch of hoaxers, fearmongers and zombies lol

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruthisouthere
Well, I live currently in London and would love to get more insight into this news.

According to the description of the video in The Sun Newspaper (I really dont think it could be considered such a credible source anyway) these UFOs have been wondering around for over a week until the guy could shoot them in a close up. So maybe that is why in this video he is walking and then pointing straight up, because he was watching them before from his flat....

"In the description, the video's author wrote: "Right - took over a week to get it....but finally managed to get these critters on camera on a clear day, and even get a close-up.

Beneath an earlier video, in which similar specs of light can be seen less clearly on a cloudy evening, the same user wrote: "Been seeing these odd lights over Central London (BBC Radio 1 building) randomly for the past week. Managed to get them on camera yesterday evening."

Anyway, I just hope some day we all can have real proof, and I mean solid proof. Meanwhile we are stuck with a bunch of hoaxers, fearmongers and zombies lol

I'll believe they exist when i see one park on my front lawn and ask to use the bathroom, until then everyone is lying.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The smoking gun, is the first video itself. That street that he looks down on is the exact same street he runs down to "film the ufos" in the 2nd video. God damn people are easily fooled, no wonder all these guys make ufo videos, instant views for them. Completely contrived.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
...and here is an example of bad motion tracking which I described in my first post on this topic:

Notice the UFO shaking and wobbling around...
edit on 26-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yeah nice one - it was the wobbling that I noticed as the pretty poor CGI bit too. The rest wasn't too bad, but quite obviously fake. The other major factor that irked me was that no-one was reacting to their amazing movements.

I guess we just have to put up with this sort of thing whilst there's a bit of a drought on genuine sightings

These new videos look more genuine:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-6-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Thank you for providing that! Telling me about what you see doesn't help me at all, but showing me explains everything!

That orb certainly does appear to be in front of the building doesn't it!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Heliocentric

well thats all good. all i know with 100% certainty is that if i ever filmed something for real that could not be vaugly matched with lanterns and nobody could actually find something it 'may' look like on the internet it would be in the hoax forum within days anyway, as everybody screams hoax, and picks fault with the lenght of the clip the circumstances of how i started to film and in what way i filmed or even that i actually looked at the sky in the first place.

i am not saying everything every debunker says is stupid, some of it is good work and important information even though sometimes you still have to make assumptions to say it is certain. all i know is if i filmed a real u.f.o. and wanted opinions or wanted it to be looked at to try and find out if it can be identified or confirmed a u.f.o. i would not come here. if i did it would be in the hoax forum within days regardless of the fact it was authentic.

Yeah, well, we now live in an age when a lot of people carry HD video cameras on them as they go to work, do their groceries, etc, which means we get a lot more good and interesting documentation on funny things going on in the sky.
But we also live in an age when image manipulation apps are easily available to everyone, and that has to be taken into account, because it's evident a lot of people are looking for their 15 minutes of fame with a home-made UFO film to boost their Youtube account with.

Not so strange that a lot of UFO researchers turn to old 16mm footage from the 60's and the 70's or video up unrtil the early 90's. It's easier to authenticate.

That said, all footage gets its fair chance, by me at least. If someone wants to post it or not, it's their problem. If an OP is just looking for bobbleheads saying "yes those are scout ships from Zeta Reticuli", it's better to post in a forum where people automatically assume every blimp in the sky is the Galactic Brotherhood.

In this case, the OP video and the affiliate video can be traced to a Youtube account, connected to a visual effects production company called Beam, that just happens to reside at the exact address where the affiliate video was taken, and the OP video was taken on the street just below it.

Also, people more experienced in CGI than me says it's not even good CGI work, but kind of sloppy.

So, with that in mind, there is other footage that can stand its ground, that I rather analyze and discuss.

No credit whatsoever to The Sun, who simply posted the story without doing the simplest journalistic source check. Instead, it was made by people in this thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

ufos at 1:05?
edit on 27-6-2011 by paprika because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

your right, and thats why i would not post anything i caught on film, and think everybody else would be wasting their time to. like you say there are many people with computers and the facilties to fake something, so it will be assumed from the start. so when/if people post something authentic it will be called out as a fake and a hoax by most, even if it is not.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

like you say there are many people with computers and the facilties to fake something, so it will be assumed from the start.

No, that's not what I said. This is what I said :

Originally posted by Heliocentric
That said, all footage gets its fair chance, by me at least.

Check my ATS account, go back in my thread and post history, then tell me what kind of 'debunker' you think I am.

Originally posted by paprika

ufos at 1:05?
edit on 27-6-2011 by paprika because: (no reason given)

Interesting. I went to Telegraph's own web site to check the video, just to see if those swirling blobs had been added into the Youtube version, but they are there :

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

anyone with half a brain wouldnt just upload authentic ufo footage to youtube. They would be getting their video verified as genuine by an AV expert or someone like kodak then holding a press conference and raking in millions from media rights all around the world.

The fact that any ufo footage appears on youtube first is an instant sign its not genuine. Becuase thats not how the real world works.

why cant people do decent hoaxes these days? the last decent alien hoax was ray santillis alien autopsy at least he made the effort and made some cash. The last hoax attempt in general was the big foot one but they screwed up by putting a dog/sheep in the costume and were instantly rumbled.

this thread is another example of how theres nothing to talk about in ufology.
edit on 27-6-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

i never said anything about uploading it youtube, i said i would not put it up on here, i would not share it, and i think everybody would be wasting there time, like you say there are many hoaxes, so it will be assumed an hoax from the start anyway by most.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

so when/if people post something authentic it will be called out as a fake and a hoax by most

i also said that to, after saying what i said before it. the important word here is most, and i do not think my observation is far off. i did not say YOU.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join