It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top U.S. admiral admits we are trying to kill Qaddafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Contrary to what obama has been saying in response to Congress in the dispute over the War Powers Act, here we have the top U.S. commander in the area saying that NATO (and by reference the U.S.) is targeting Qaddafi and trying for regime change in Libya.

Remember that saying liberals used to chant, "Bush lied and people died"?

Well, now it is squarely on obama for the lying AND the people dying ...

source

The top U.S. admiral involved in the Libya war admitted to a U.S. congressman that NATO forces are trying to kill Libyan leader Muammar al-Qaddafi. The same admiral also said he anticipated the need for ground troops in Libya after Qaddafi falls, according to the lawmaker.

House Armed Services Committee member Mike Turner (R-OH) told The Cable that U.S. Admiral Samuel Locklear, commander of the NATO Joint Operations Command in Naples, Italy, told him last month that NATO forces are actively targeting and trying to kill Qaddafi, despite the fact that the Obama administration continues to insist that "regime change" is not the goal and is not authorized by the U.N. mandate authorizing the war.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When you drop bombs on his house, it seems rather obvious you are trying to kill him. I am going to have to sit down and take a look at this issue. I admit I have tried to avoid it - due to feeling overwhelmed. I don't watch a lot of this because after being in the Military myself and seeing how distorted what we get told back home is compared to what is really going on it disturbes me to watch. I am sure it is way worse and we are way more involved then we are being told and not just in this situation.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
No disrespect to the admiral here, but when you dropping thousands of bombs and missiles at the guy, what are you trying to do here ?! Improve his health ?!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
this would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

and i do agree sending bombs and missles at the guy and your not trying to kill him ?

thats like shooting as much as you can and just pray you hit something

its like that saying accuracy through volume of fire.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I dont understand the republican thought patterns first it was Obama will be week on forgein defence now that he has kill osama and is trying to kill Q hes a terrible murderous tyrant if this was a republican president u would be cheering in the streets
of course he wants too kill Q how many rockets have they sent into his palaces thats a no brainer

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
double post
edit on 24-6-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
I dont understand the republican thought patterns first it was Obama will be week on forgein defence now that he has kill osama and is trying to kill Q hes a terrible murderous tyrant if this was a republican president u would be cheering in the streets
of course he wants too kill Q how many rockets have they sent into his palaces thats a no brainer

Shhhhhhhh? You are not supposed to notice that. This is just yet another tactic by the Obama smear machine that is how thread starter gets all the ATS bling. It's like saying: although staring into the sun is bad for you, if you happen to go blind it's Obama's fault.

Ummmmm duh, dropping bombs on somebody's domicile ain't exactly high school toilet paper wrapping prank.

/MD

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What Defines Terrorist Actions?

An Honest answer to that should sum up everything

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We should just drop a bomb on him and get it over with.

new topics

top topics

join