It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Already Annoyed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
prophetmike i was jokein around im sure chicken knew never mind eh

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
"I read through a few of both Gary Seven's and Stumason's posts.. Much of what yall post seems rather negative, and at some points, you are out-right attacking people. Perhaps if you presented your "viewpoints" in a more pallatable way, it would get a warmer reception
"

The motto of this website is to "Deny Ignorance," is it not?
To deny ignorance is to affirm knowledge.
Knowledge is traditionally defined as "JUSTIFIED, true belief."

When someone posts something stupid, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, or with evidence so flimsy that a 3rd grader could rebut their argument, I am going to call them on it. And that is just what DEtectivePerez and the Dribbler are doing in the secret societies forum.
They contribute nothing and raise my blood pressure.

There are plenty of other very ignorant posts on some of the other forums, but I will not address them for fear of having a stroke.

[edit on 8/10/2004 by Gary Seven]

d1k

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary Seven
I joined yesterday after lurking for a couple of hours.
For a site dedicated the ideal "deny ignorance," it sure is filled with a lot of ignorant and close minded people. On teh other hand, there also seem to be many well meaning and intelligent contributors.

Hear Hear! Way way way too many close minded "prove it or else its fake" debunking close minded people. I can name at least 10 people who reply in almost every thread trying everything in the book to decredit peoples posts yet they have deny ignorance in their avatar or sig.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't think we are on the same page.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I don't think we are on the same page.

Man, you're even argueing with people that agree with you.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why hold back Seven? Launch forth into your rabid diatribe! A stroke would be fun to watch. If people are too annoying for you in your delicate medical condition, please ask your nurse to wheel you nearer the resident doctor in your retirement home, before reading this board. Maybe an extra cylinder of oxygen might be needed as well.

There are "layers " of users here, certianly there are the stupid posts that upset your sensibilities so much, usually they are made by kids on the site, who watch too much TV, and believe it. But anyone with a bit of discernment can pick them out and let them rave away in peace.

However there are other layers, which you, with your massive 3 hours of reading, may not be aware of. There I can assure you are some VERY interesting discussions happening.

I wonder what your intention is in the introductory post. You have done nothing so far but to alienate many of the people here by your attitude.

BTW learn to use the quote feature properly, such basic learning needs detract from your "superior" posts.

There are plenty of other very ignorant posts on some of the other forums, but I will not address them for fear of having a stroke.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
[edit on 8/10/2004 by Gary Seven]

That's freaking weird. Can you do that? I thought you could only edit your own posts. Or a mod.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My fault, when I quoted seven I didn't delete his "edited by" part out until I just noticed it now.

(makes a joke of my suggestion to seven that HE learn how to use the system first
)

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Awww....This is all so cute....it's like watching a new-born calf walk

I've seen these threads pop up quite frequently since I've been here....in my own special way I suppose I even created a few when I first joined with like-minded sympathy - Oh...check this out...here's one just like this in BTS - Most of you people have lost your minds

Here's what I said in response to that person on that thread:

Just like everything else in life, if you find something you really enjoy, chances are that there are going to be other people who enjoy it just as much but have less respect for you and your expectations.....posting in ATS is a hobby - just like golfing, hacking, partying, etc... If every golfer on the course paid attention to the rules like I do, then chances are I wouldn't be held up on the course with a foursome in front of me that's trying to take shots of whiskey and putt at the same time.

Put your glasses on, pick a pile of threads, and then proceed to sift thru.

Every thread and post here is not a rare gem and many are rubbish. If you don't like someone's research, do a better job than the other person and prove to them they're wrong. If they don't listen, then move on. If you don't enjoy doing these things, then why even participate?

You came to ATS b/c you enjoyed the quality of the information. If you think it has slipped up somewhere then don't just tell us someone spilled some milk, get some towels and help clean it up.

So make things work for yourself....oh...and welcome to ATS - enjoy your stay

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Welcome Gary, take some time, you're going to get a lot of that during an election year. If you want to chill, check out BTS. Later.

What is BTS? Below top secret? lol

Where can I find it?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Go to the top of the screen and it's the yellow tab to the left, next to the red ATS one....just sign in with your ATS name and you're all set

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Right at the top of the page next to "Above Top Secret." You have to log in over there as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
THx for the quick reply's, I will check it

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Already Annoyed?

How you doing.

I'm Completely Pissed Off Ready To Tear The Head Off A Chicken Nugget if it Cooks Crooked.

Don't mess with my chickens and we should be cool. Unless you start crying by the end of this thread. Then of course I never met you.

dig?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I wonder if his pacemaker stopped, or his nurse took his laptop away

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Or maybe I just have better things to do occassionally.

Kegs, I like your signature. You might want to point that out to some of the higer ups (and lower downs)

[edit on 8/15/2004 by Gary Seven]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join