It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census shows whites lose US majority among babies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

For the first time, minorities make up a majority of babies in the U.S., part of a sweeping race change and growing age divide between mostly white, older Americans and predominantly minority youths that could reshape government policies.

I'm assuming this article has not been posted after a search for the title.

Source

The article provides interesting number that project the outlook on the last cencus in 2010.
The question I have that bothers me is why label the majority "majority-minority" is that label strictly based on the race or the numbers. Either way, I see both benefits and negative results with this outlook.
Affirmative action will be obselete. The competiton range will reduce significantly. Not saying that any race is more or less intelligent than the other, but that know, someone who actually has the mental capacity to perform certain jobs will have a much better chance of acheiving this job. I honestly feel this countries education system is shot to hell. And only those who truely excell in academics will rise to the top of the food chain.

"But the new census, which will show a minority majority of our youngest Americans, makes plain that our future labor force is absolutely dependent on our ability to integrate and educate a new diverse child population."

edit on 24/6/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

Census sometimes hurt peoples minds..... ALL sapiens sapiens just about

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good. Can we get rid of all the danged labels now?
Affirmative action?
Congressional Black Caucus?
Hispanic Caucus?

Let's start treating people on their character (MLK) instead of some silly outdated notion of skin color.

Starting. . . . . . . NOW!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Lol, i bet we still wont be allowed to have a white caucaus, as theyll say we are a privileged simply because were white, still, and that the more wealthy are white, therefore still a quasi-white minorty, but economic majority type deal. xD. I just want to be able to embrace what i was born into without being called a racist.. lol

My two cents!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by skischoow

Why would you need a white caucus?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Absolute rubbish, this is not true in any way. Are Portuguese and Spaniards non-white? No, they are just as much European as a German, Swede, or Scot. So why are they treated as though they belong to an entirely different race?

Hispanic Racial makeup:
White – 53.0% - 26,735,713
Some other race – 36.7% - 18,503,103
Two or more races – 6.0% - 3,042,592
Black – 2.5% - 1,243,471
American Indian and Alaskan Native – 1.4% - 685,150
Asian – 0.4% - 209,128
Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander – 0.1% - 58,437
Link

The United States of America is still 72.4% white. Just because they do not have lily white skin like me or other Northern, Eastern, or Western Europeans does not mean they are not white.

new topics

top topics

join