It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican troops cross border ... again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

pretty sure when they started seeing the road signs in english that meant they gone to far.

and if they werent in english just more proof that people should be taught to read and write english in this country.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
well ok then maybe they did get lost or went to far north www.pro8news.com... from the link

No major media outlets are reporting it, but several hundreds soldiers and marines are en route to Nuevo Laredo, Tamps. (MX) to try and get a grip on a violent few months in our Sister City. Several websites report that Nuevo Laredo, Tamps. (MX) is essentially under martial law as the military moves in and relieves city police officers. Soldiers were seen at police headquarters seizing guns.
some just do not know how to read a map.

Darn male drivers!
"Pedro, why don't you just stop at the next gas station and get directions."

"Dammit Juan! I know where I'm going! I don't need to stop!"

Guess we do have something in common.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
now how hard is it to get the real story??? i found it www.pro8news.com... from the link

Mexican troops cross into the United States at Bridge Two

Story Created: Jun 23, 2011

Story Updated: Jun 23, 2011
A convoy of three military trucks loaded with Mexican soldiers crosses the border at Bridge Number Two clearly violating international law.

It happens as Customs and Border Protection inspectors try to figure out what to do.
how about holding them for invading?? just a thought. this last line should say it all, from the link

Some noted had it been Mexican drug lords they could have taken inspectors by surprise and easily crossed the international border deeper into the United States.
well no duh!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Naw, they don't want the whole U.S.. Just Texas, New Mexico, Arizona.

Some may argue that the land does belong to them. But the US did legitimately buy it from them, after conquering the land that is.

The only thing that is a threat from Mexico are the cartels and gangs. The cartels are in bed with the banks and intelligence agency's. The government in Mexico is as corrupt as any if not a little more, but they are actively attempting to quell the storm of the drug war.

When the Drug War ends, we will start to see a gradual decrease in murder and violence.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

or " hey Ralue go straight i see them look up a head"
yes me to as well Juan what should we do??
"we have 3 truck and they are just 2 of them"
maybe i think this not be the right place for they are US.
"Do not be a fool, they invade us"
US customs " what do you think your doing"
Mex being held at gun point
I think you right Juan.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

You bring up an interesting point.

When the drug war ends.

Who will be the winner?
Will drugs still continue to flow across the border?
How long will this drug war continue?
These cartel folks aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. But they have bucks for ANY type of weapon.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

you joking girth the Mex army read , at all?? i have meet a few and not one could read , not only english but there languish as well not saying all are like that., or they had their noise in the map and not on the road but then why is the guard shake still standing??

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
These Mexican soldiers come from all over the country. It is possible that they were not Mexican soldiers who grew up in the area. And being a convoy, vehicle 2 and vehicle 3 are going to follow vehicle 1.

On this page, you can see what international bridge 2 looks like on the Mexican side of the border. Notice how the roads fork off. It is possible for someone to make the wrong turn if not familiar with the area.

www.ci.laredo.tx.us...

As for entering the US, yes they did. Usually the halfway point of the bridge is divided into Mexican and US side similar to this pic. This is the section they crossed over..the line itself....They never got passed the main checkpoint.

www.flickr.com...

This is a pic of the convoy getting close to the main checkpoint. If you notice, they seem to have brakes lights and reverse light on. Depending on traffic, they might have not been able to turn around once they recognized their mistake.

www.unonoticias.com...

edit on 24-6-2011 by jam321 because: oops

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Openeye

You bring up an interesting point.

When the drug war ends.

Who will be the winner?
Will drugs still continue to flow across the border?
How long will this drug war continue?
These cartel folks aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. But they have bucks for ANY type of weapon.

Well thats the thing. It is impossible to win the war on drugs. People will always want and use drugs.

Thats why the war on drugs is wrong. The government has no right to tell me what I can and cannot put or do to my body. It is mine!

To quote Ron Paul ""Prohibition doesn’t work. Prohibition causes crime."

And I cant agree with him more. We must treat addiction as a medical problem and use compassion rather than condemnation. I do not think drugs should be completely legal however I do believe they should be completely decriminalized for recreational and medical use. We would still prosecute violent drug offenders.

It is a myth that drugs make people criminals.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This story cracked me up! I kept thinking of a Benny Hill segment where everything was sped up a bit and Yakety Sax or whatever is playing in the background. I can just see these inept guards AND military personnel scrambling around trying to figure out wha the hell they are both doing. CLASSIC COMEDY PEOPLE!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cantmakedisup

First, you really shouldn't trust foxnews as they are not real news organization.

Are you saying that this did not happen, or that you will only believe it when you hear Chris Matthews say it's OK for you to believe it?
People who want to know the truth gather their information from a wide variety of sources and use common sense, logic and experience to filter. Excluding any source increases the odds of missing out on key facts.
If you follow Jon Stewart's opinion (is that your idea of a 'real news organization?'), then MSNBC, the NYT and others of the "MSM" are not so much "news organizations" as political wannabe's.

... you shouldn't be so anti-immigrant.

This has nothing to do with immigration; it relates to a military incursion across our border with Mexico.

... consider for a moment how many countries the U.S. is in illegally... 1) Libya 2) Iraq 3) Yemen 4) Pakistan.

The international community, through the UN, has sanctioned US presence in Libya and Iraq. The Pakistani and Yemeni governments have invited and/or authorized our presence within their borders.

Before getting all "Sean Hannity" about this issue just consider the bigger picture please.

When you figure out which "big picture" the MSM or "progressives" want you to see, and can show it is correct, please feel free to add to this thread.

Thus far, all you've offered are personal bias and misconceptions.

What is it about our relationship with the Mexican people or government that you feel the need to praise or challenge?

Have you tried illegally crossing the border into Mexico? They do not tolerate such nonsense.
Why should we, or anyone else?

jw

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
reply to post by beezzer

So no real response to what I said? Just some snarky insult? Figures. GET EDUCATED!!! I promise it's not that hard to get a high school diploma, or a GED (General Education Degree). Then you come back to these forums and post something that actually has content to it.
Apparently, I have more of an education than you do. I have a feeling I finished my BA while you were still an itch in your father's shorts.

Peace IS the answer, not war.
Really? Tell that to the Jews, the Polish, the Filipinos, and many others who would certainly hold a different opinion.

Empathy is the answer, not hate.
Have you ever had to deal with a bully? Sometimes the best favor you can do for him is to beat the snot out of him. This will cause him to re-examine his path.

Freedom, NOT a police state.
What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

As Ben Franklin once said, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Do you even understand that quote? It does not seem that you do if you use it in this instance.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Its not like they are trying to invade the US or something, they are in the middle of their own war.
So, what do you call it when mexican citizens attack our border patrol? When mexican troops cross our border? When mexican troops fire on our law enforcement personnel? Take off the blinders and put down the kool aid.
edit on 24-6-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

How idiotic would it be for a small almost 3rd world country to attack the most powerful military empire which exists?

Civilians attacking border patrol agents is wrong, but I do not think that constitutes invasion. They simply want to get here so they can get a job or (god forbid) get on some form of government assistance. I know lots of central and south American immigrants some legal some not, more than 80% of them have jobs and work honestly.

Immigrants should come to this country legally, but I do not blame them from leaving a country that is a constant war zone and has little to no real job opportunities. Some even qualify for refuge status.

We need immigration reform, something that is new, more effective and easier.

Not a big freaking wall with turrets on it and a sign that says..."This is the United Sates the Land of the Free, enter and die".

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Not a big freaking wall with turrets on it and a sign that says..."This is the United Sates the Land of the Free, enter and die".
It should say
"Not a big freaking wall with turrets on it and a sign that says..."This is the United Sates the Land of the Free, enter ILLEGALLY and die".

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So you think anyone that has crossed the border illegally should be killed. Despite their reason, the children that they want a better life for, the corruption and murder they want to escape. Many of these people are refuges not criminals.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by Openeye

It should say
"Not a big freaking wall with turrets on it and a sign that says..."This is the United Sates the Land of the Free, enter ILLEGALLY and die".

If Obama gets re-elected, the wall should read. . . . .

"Abandon hope, all ye who enter here."

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

So you think anyone that has crossed the border illegally should be killed. Despite their reason, the children that they want a better life for, the corruption and murder they want to escape. Many of these people are refuges not criminals.
Let them find refuge in Mexico. My children need a better life and illegal immigration imperils their future.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

beezer! that shouild be in spanish they cant read english man

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

I missed this at first. I think it is important enough to get a separate answer.

Many of these people are refuges not criminals.
Exactly what part of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT do you not understand? If they are illegal immigrants, they are ALL CRIMINALS by definition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join