It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Has Dream, Builds Massive $1.6-million Replica of Noah's Ark

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

bah! them women :-)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I had read about this awhile back. This thread reminded me of it. These articles are from December, 2010. As far as I can tell, the project is still moving forward.

Disneyland has its castle and Epcot has its ball, but the centerpiece of a planned theme park in Kentucky will be something altogether different -- [color=CFECEC]a full-scale replica of Noah's Ark.

Developers in Kentucky are drawing up plans for a $150 million theme park called the Ark Encounter, to be built on a biblical scale. The ark alone will be taller than a three-story building, the deck longer than 35 tennis courts. Constructed out of timber using dimensions from Genesis, planners say it will be big enough to fit 600 train cars inside.
ABC

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/724486136bb6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/929ace885b3c.jpg[/atsimg]

FRANKFORT (WAVE) - Governor Steve Beshear announced plans on Wednesday to build a full-scale replica of Noah's Ark as part of a new tourist attraction in Northern Kentucky.
Wave3

Ark Encounter FAQ . [color=CFECEC]Are you building an actual Ark?

Yes, we are constructing a full-scale, all-wood ark based on the dimensions provided in the Bible (Genesis 6), using the long cubit, and in accordance with sound established nautical engineering practices of the era. It should become the largest timber-frame structure in the USA.

ALL wood?
The Purist way?
maybe....

Ark Encounter
For only $100, you can be the proud sponsor of a peg. (Personally, I would call it a splinter)
For only $5,000, you can sponsor a whole beam.

Originally posted by zorgon
Ah yes... good old translations of truth...

"Gopher wood".............
"Kopher" wood means wood (any wood) that is covered with Kopher.

I thought that was just the term that they used when the young'uns were around.

[color=BCE954]"Can I help? Can I help? Please!"
........................[color=EE9A4D]"Get away from me kid. You're botherin' me"

[color=BCE954]"C'mon. C'mon. Lemme help. I can help."
........................[color=EE9A4D]"Ok fine. Whatever it takes. so long as I don't have to listen to that mouth.
........[color=FBB917]Go'fer Wood, [color=EE9A4D]and don't come back until that cart is loaded."

edit on 6/25/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I happen to know that the 1.6 million is raised by sponsors for a substantial part. In Holland and I guess everywhere around the world the church community has a lot of money to spend.

Its true that both the arcs are build in a purist way. Some of the building solutions did not deserve a beauty price.
I have worked on the first arc for a few months doing a decoration job.
On the other hand, it would take much longer to build a arc with complicated solutions.
Dont forget Huibers not only did a big part of the carpentry himself but also imported the trees and saw the planks.

He is a man that builds complete villages in 3th world countries in no time.

As a guy who has nothing with religion (although I truly believe in God) I have to say Huibers is a amazing guy.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

You copy and pasted that straight from a christian website. The website guessed that all the animals average size was the size of a sheep
and than reckoned that because they can shoehorn 240 sheep into a train carriage they could use that faulty logic for the arc

Good for a chuckle Linky

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Couldn't they just wash them if they were unclean?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Good for a chuckle Linky

That site says DINOSAURS were also on the Ark

The Bible does not list the names of every creature on the Ark. It does say that one set of every kind of air-breathing animal was on board (Genesis 6:19-20, 7:15-16). So, dinosaurs must have been included. There is evidence that dinosaurs lived after the Flood. For instance, Job saw “behemoth” after the Flood. (Other evidences will be discussed later.)

www.christiananswers.net...

So Dinosaurs lived after the flood? That is news to me

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
That's so funny, I was just researching the ark on here the other day. . .even made a pic or two.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I think the original Ark came from another planet, 2 frozen ovum from each of that other planet's life and brought here

Ok, that is officially a new one that I have never heard nor considered before.

WAAAAY out there but worth a star!

WAAAAY out there? Okay, let's get this guy to fill his ark with two of every kind of animal in the world. Let's see if even 1% will fit?

Each year, researchers report more than 15,000 new species, and their workload shows no sign of letting up. “Ask any taxonomist in a museum, and they’ll tell you they have hundreds of species waiting to be described,” says Camilo Mora, a marine ecologist at the University of Hawaii. Scientists have named and cataloged 1.3 million species.

edit on 1/26/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join