It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Has Dream, Builds Massive $1.6-million Replica of Noah's Ark

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I think the original Ark came from another planet, 2 frozen ovum from each of that other planet's life and brought here

Sumerians believed that the universe consisted of a flat disk enclosed by a tin dome(2).

en.wikipedia.org...

Noah's Ark

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
One railroad stock car can carry about 240 sheep. This would mean that 40,000 animals could fit in 167 railroad cars. The arks total capacity was 569 stock cars. 40,000 animals would require LESS THAN 30% of the ark's space. In other words 40,000 animals could fit on one of the ark's three decks. This would leave the other 70% of the ark's space for Noah's family, food, supplies, and baggage.

This puts it in a visual light:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a995a1f2be6.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
As a former construction worker (carpentery) I applaude this guy's effort. I'm sure he could convince his "friends" to help only so much.

It's amazing what one person can accomplish with a vision and a goal, would that everyone had that energy and conviction.

Great story, I had no idea that a 50% replica was in existance. Very nice.

If he made the other 3 then he would be close to the space he needs to build the "ark" in mass, must be leveraged pretty hard, can't imagine the effort that one would have to undertake to build a living haven for that much mass...and comfortable like.

Wow and wow.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC...theres no way Noah could have gotten 2 of each land animal on that ship as small as it was

Ummm what do you mean TWO of each? Don't you guys even know how many animals he took?

:shk:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

And have you taken into account weight and stress factors on a wooden boat of that size?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What a wonderful thing to spend 1.6 million on while children are starving in this world. Crackpot.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

How much of YOUR earnings are you sending to help starving children?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Soldier of God

And have you taken into account weight and stress factors on a wooden boat of that size?

This explains a bit of it. Seems it might be possible...Maybe.

Also, the general shape of the ark could appear to be rectangular, yet curved in areas to relieve stress. Just as the design of modern ships has significantly changed in recent years, the construction of Noah's Ark could turn out to be radically different by our design standards.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Genesis 7:2

1611 King James Bible

Of euery cleane beast thou shalt take to thee by seuens, the male and his female: and of beastes that are not cleane, by two, the male and his female.

1769 King James Version

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female.

That means FOURTEEN of every clean beast and FOUR of every unclean beast

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by e11888

How much of YOUR earnings are you sending to help starving children?

Whatever I can afford.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Genesis 7:2

1611 King James Bible

Of euery cleane beast thou shalt take to thee by seuens, the male and his female: and of beastes that are not cleane, by two, the male and his female.

1769 King James Version

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female.

That means FOURTEEN of every clean beast and FOUR of every unclean beast

And I always thought it was 2 of each! Kiddie tales I guess.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

this dude raped a entire forest for wood for a new toy. that is so not cool

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by jude11

You do have a point on this one. Although he probably didn't cut them down himself, he did support it through purchasing.

IKEA would be proud.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Thanks!

Two by two was the boarding order...
They boarded as pairs. But 14 of each is a more viable biological reproduction line..

I do find it amazing how few I ask know the number.

My favorite one has always been..

There were only two people on Earth, Adam and Eve. They had 2 sons. Cain killed Able then as punishment was banished. He married a woman and became the ruler of her people...

Hmmmm where did all these extra people pop up from

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

US bombs Iraq and Afghanistan to the stone age, then sends Halliburton in to rebuild using up all that wood and making prices sky rocket at the lumber yard...

No worries Canada has five year crops of 2x4 trees... no wood shortage for the foreseeable future

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thanks!

Two by two was the boarding order...
They boarded as pairs. But 14 of each is a more viable biological reproduction line..

I do find it amazing how few I ask know the number.

My favorite one has always been..

There were only two people on Earth, Adam and Eve. They had 2 sons. Cain killed Able then as punishment was banished. He married a woman and became the ruler of her people...

Hmmmm where did all these extra people pop up from

I always wondered about the Cain and Able thing myself. As do many I would guess, but there has never been an answer for that one.

And the penguins, polar bears etc. If all the animals just started walking towards the Ark at God's command, that's one hell of a walk from the North and South poles.

So many questions, so few answers and even less time.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I actually think there are a lot of people out there who would love to build something like this and save the animals when disaster strikes.... just remember all those animals which have died already... i remember watching those poor horses get flushed away when Brisbane got flooded not so long ago....

good luck to the man.... i've had thoughts come into my head too but i dont have the means to get started.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by jude11

I actually think there are a lot of people out there who would love to build something like this and save the animals when disaster strikes.... just remember all those animals which have died already... i remember watching those poor horses get flushed away when Brisbane got flooded not so long ago....

good luck to the man.... i've had thoughts come into my head too but i dont have the means to get started.

Yes, there is a big difference in thinking of something and actually doing it.

I have had great ideas at 3am many times and the next day, 'poof' forgotten. Or... "I'll get to it later".

He is one to admire for that alone.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

but there has never been an answer for that one.

Odd that... yet they believe

And the penguins, polar bears etc. If all the animals just started walking towards the Ark at God's command, that's one hell of a walk from the North and South poles.

Okay about that... it was pretty hot where Moses lived, but forget about that.... how long did they have to walk from the poles to the deserts near the equator? Of course some will remind us that Polar Bears and Penguins can swim

But Al Gore wants you to believe Polar Bears are doomed because the ice is melting

The thing about 'Truth' is that it is relative to whatever point of view you wish to believe

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
One railroad stock car can carry about 240 sheep. This would mean that 40,000 animals could fit in 167 railroad cars. The arks total capacity was 569 stock cars. 40,000 animals would require LESS THAN 30% of the ark's space. In other words 40,000 animals could fit on one of the ark's three decks. This would leave the other 70% of the ark's space for Noah's family, food, supplies, and baggage.

Today, it is thought that there are 10 million land dwelling species. I have no idea if this includes insects and I have to throw this out there but... wouldn't all of the animals be inbred?

Nevermind, Zorgon whipped out his handy king james and quoted something about 14 clean beasts. Trying to figure out what an unlean beast is and if they applied that to insects.
edit on 24-6-2011 by wildoracle13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join