It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Has Dream, Builds Massive $1.6-million Replica of Noah's Ark

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Man has dream, builds massive $1.6-million replica of Noah's Ark

news.sympatico.ca

A Dutchman building a replica of Noah's Ark to its exact biblical proportions may have found the key to fame and fortune: following his dreams. Or rather...his nightmares.

Twenty years ago when Johan Huibers had a hellish nightmare that a part of Holland had flooded, he awoke with the burning need to build an ark just like Noah's. Despite objections from his wife, he hasn't dropped the matter since.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is absolutely the coolest boat I've ever seen! Please keep in mind that I didn't post this to prove or disprove anything of the Bible. It's just really cool!

What possesses humans to go to such extreme lengths to do what others might say is impossible? Or even foolish.

He awoke from a dream one day and just had to build it. Now it seems he might just get rich off it as well.

In 2004, he constructed a trial ark that was approximately half the size of Noah's and floated it around Holland's canals. The money he made from charging curious onlookers to climb aboard and from the success of his own construction company enabled him to put $1.6 million towards the creation of his current ark.

news.sympatico.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Thought I'd post the original as well. Here are the measurements:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a995a1f2be6.png[/atsimg]

Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch. 15 "And this is how you shall make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, its width fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits. 16 "You shall make a window for the ark, and you shall finish it to a cubit from above; and set the door of the ark in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third decks.

www.genesisfiles.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ebbab16943a.jpg[/atsimg]
www.genesisfiles.com...

The ark was made of a material that the Bible identifies as "gopher wood". The actual Hebrew word is "Gopher". The exact meaning of this material is still unknown. It has been presumed by some to be Cypress wood, Cedar, Teak, or Mahogany, but these are only assumptions. What ever the actual material was, still remains a mystery, although it was probably some type of wood.

edit on 24-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
1.6 million dollars. There are a lot of better things that he could have done with that money. Sjogrens research grants come to mind. Seriously though .. he dreamed PART of Holland was flooded. So why not just move to the part that he dreamed wasn't flooded instead of spending the money on the boat.

Whatever. It's his money. Damned shame of a waste. But it's his ....

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1.6 million dollars. There are a lot of better things that he could have done with that money. Sjogrens research grants come to mind. Seriously though .. he dreamed PART of Holland was flooded. So why not just move to the part that he dreamed wasn't flooded instead of spending the money on the boat.

I can agree with your post somewhat but I have to say that I'm glad he didn't approach it as a rich kid and commission it to be built. At least he got his hands dirty.

And with all the flooding around the World these days...he may have been right!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

No offense FlyersFan but I bet Noah heard the same kind of comments just before you know what happened

But even if there is no flood,that is some peachy woodwork.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think the original Ark came from another planet, 2 frozen ovum from each of that other planet's life and brought here

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I think the original Ark came from another planet, 2 frozen ovum from each of that other planet's life and brought here

Ok, that is officially a new one that I have never heard nor considered before.

WAAAAY out there but worth a star!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

No offense FlyersFan but I bet Noah heard the same kind of comments just before you know what happened

But even if there is no flood,that is some peachy woodwork.

On this I agree. I am amazed at what he dreamed, planned and accomplished. Humans are truly amazing at what they can do when they are motivated.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Looks like a cirgar shaped UFO. Make one in space and you got a space ark from ? =)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Have to admit, the handiwork and elbow grease is worth it alone. Hat's off to the guy for going through with it while others might be put off by the naysayers.

Makes you wonder if maybe others had this dream too and never went through with it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Its a theory thats been put out there before...I remember reading it and it sounded plausible...theres no way Noah could have gotten 2 of each land animal on that ship as small as it was

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Its a theory thats been put out there before...I remember reading it and it sounded plausible...theres no way Noah could have gotten 2 of each land animal on that ship as small as it was

Apparently this is 1/5th the size of the original. But even that would be impossible IMO.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

How many animals were there???

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'd like to see his boat fit two of EVERY animal on Earth inside ...

Yeah right.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i hope for his sake it floats imagine spending all that money to find out it wont and it sinks and oh man i forgot the lifeboats.

to each there own and only 1/5 the size of the original ark.

i believe in some outlandish theories myself the space ark is plausible if for this reason only where did noah get all the trees to build it?

op interesting find

edit on 24-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
One railroad stock car can carry about 240 sheep. This would mean that 40,000 animals could fit in 167 railroad cars. The arks total capacity was 569 stock cars. 40,000 animals would require LESS THAN 30% of the ark's space. In other words 40,000 animals could fit on one of the ark's three decks. This would leave the other 70% of the ark's space for Noah's family, food, supplies, and baggage.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i hope for his sake it floats imagine spending all that money to find out it wont and it sinks and oh man i forgot the lifeboats.

to each there own and only 1/5 the size of the original ark.

i believe in some outlandish theories myself the space ark is plausible if for this reason only where did noah get all the trees to build it?

op interesting find

edit on 24-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

No one knows this either. The wood is still a mystery as well.
www.genesisfiles.com...

The ark was made of a material that the Bible identifies as "gopher wood". The actual Hebrew word is "Gopher". The exact meaning of this material is still unknown. It has been presumed by some to be Cypress wood, Cedar, Teak, or Mahogany, but these are only assumptions. What ever the actual material was, still remains a mystery, although it was probably some type of wood.

There are serious problems with building a solid wooden ship longer than 300 feet. This is due to the structural stress caused by the effects of wave action upon wooden vessels. Gopher could have been a material which was far stronger than conventional wood. The Antediluvians may have had processes for strengthening wood that we are not aware of.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

WOW,i applaud you for your commitment,i believe in God and i believe His word...but never have i seen data so well presented,in a scientific way.
Well i guess they can't say it's impossible now?Good job mate,God bless you

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Did Morgan Freeman talk to this guy?Anyone thinking Evan Almighty here? Well he is certainly dedicated, I'll give him that much.Seems very talented and skillful too.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I see a floating biblical hotel in the making here.

"Christcruise.com"

A few portholes, stained glass windows and a giftshop and he'll soon get his money back off the suckers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join