It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Weather? Nothing to see here...move along...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thanks JadedANDcynical !!!!

I'm having a day off tomorrow so I'll go through your info with great interest !

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by j-man

We have more than had this coming. It is and has been only a matter of time, for years we have been out our heights of population. Our growth and level of occupance have only proven to show that, it is only a matter of time before something is going to happen. And when it does this will only be a minor scale of what we will have to go through to survive as a race, if even at all. Disease, famine, destruction of epic porportions will only be the begining. We will have to fight and we will have to struggle. For a long time this will happen, seeming to have no end. But when it is over, finally the pitiful yet strong few have survived, it will still not be over. We will have to fight our own kind and try and survive, for those that wish to control and gain power will not stop at anything to get what they want. So long as we allow it, so long as there are the weak out there. The needed protection and supplies will be hoarded and will be only given to the highest bidders and the struggle for survivlal will be a desprate act for those that truly need it. For only the strongest of the weak can survive, tho those are the ones that we will need the most. I only hope that one day there will be an end, and the victor...oh pray that it is the right one...

The earth only shows us that we are insigificant to it in many ways, but in others are very. We do many things to it, and have continued to do so for a long time. One day we will see what it will do back in revenge for what has happened not only now but in the past. We can only wait, and hope.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I have read your reply with great interest. Thank you for a very interesting contribution !

As Section31 mentioned in her reply, something's cooking...no pun intended. The ocean waters are warming, I don't have any data on this but have read about it. The jet stream is also somewhat destabilized, no factual data here either, for the moment. But I tend to believe that something is brewing underneath us yet we continue to study and research about what is happening above us...

Some very serious food for thought.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by falah

Hello Falah,

Overpopulation is a serious problem. There are other members that have raised this point and I have so far avoided to bring it up. But there are consequences to this fact. I remember reading a study for the next fifty and hundred years ahead and it gets scary...very scary. But that would be for another thread. Not that it is off topic, since overpopulation has effects on the planet - no doubt, but there is just so much to debate from that scenario that I left it somewhat aside. But it is to consider.

oh...and Welcome to ATS !

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Sorry, didn't mean to get a bit off topic. I just think that it is all connected, that our population does have some sort of effect on the way the earth acts and reacts to us as a whole. I would like to see something that compares the growth of human population in an area to the geological events that have occured in and around there.

I think (at least) it might be interesting. Is there in any way that someone on here could try and do this?

And thank you, I do so enjoy your thread. Good job ^_^.
edit on 3-7-2011 by falah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

Not only the cloud, but the heating of the Helopause due to a jet of some type (the artist's conception image has been changed, sadly) ...
The interaction of the Helosphere with the "discovered" excited plasma has changed the charge ?density?/(sorry lost memory byte) and one of the polarities of the magnetic bubble around our solar system, allowing for many more particles to enter (in fact it is a huge ingress of charged particles!!) .. and more particles = more havoc for the sun and differing conditions for the Earth

... Earth Under Fire by Paul LaViolette --- goes into this and many other very interesting things!!

Here are some links on the tidbits NASA will toss to us:
Voyager finds a cloud that was unknown

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system
... and then they start talking silly and need a coffee break!

Voyagers as our data sources:

Voyager 1 crossed the termination shock at 94 AU in December 2004 and Voyager 2 crossed at 84 AU in August 2007. Since passage through the termination shock, the spacecraft has been operating in the heliosheath environment which is still dominated by the Sun's magnetic field and particles contained in the solar wind.

Interstellar Mission

The Electric Universe Theory is quite provocative, and has many ideas to offer.
If you have not looked into it, I suggest it as a topic for study ...
It will be an upcoming revolution in our understanding of things cosmic, if it is right, and it does not look far off from my vantage point (.. I still have a bit and a half to learn about it, though).
IMVHO charged plasmas are an item in need of serious study, like yesterday!!

Just saying .. it is time well spent to check it out!
Electric Universe Theory Intro:

There are two other things: ... One which I have only recently found out about .. It seems we have EM connections to the sun through what is called a Gravity Trough .. These connections utilize magnetic portals .. and may occur as often as every 8 minutes! ... There is a discharge through these tubes between the Earth and the Sun. If the Sun is troubled .. we are going to feel it as well.

And ... Venus has a very, very long magnetic tale! ... Seen by Soho, it almost reaches our orbit!!
If / When there is aggravation of the magnetic forces in our system, it is possible that the magnetic tail of Venus could interact with Earth .... which would not have a positive influence!!
People around large bodies of water would have to be very careful!!

After about 2016 things should start to settle down, as we will be nearly within the southern hemispheric influence of the Galaxy by that time, having passed the visible galactic center.
(Our ecliptic line up comes many years later!)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

I have read your reply with great interest. Thank you for a very interesting contribution !

As Section31 mentioned in her reply, something's cooking...no pun intended. The ocean waters are warming, I don't have any data on this but have read about it. The jet stream is also somewhat destabilized, no factual data here either, for the moment. But I tend to believe that something is brewing underneath us yet we continue to study and research about what is happening above us...

Some very serious food for thought.

Serious indeed!
If the entire solar system is heating (as data shows it is .. bodies without atmosphere are now showing atmosphere, and actual surface temps are up as well!):
Then the inside of the Earth will be warming up as well.

The number of methane events is up and there is a huge failed oil well in "?" [could not find it] .. which was spouting acre feet of water and vast amounts of methane. This was a year or more back.

Methane is the big issue, if the oceans heat to a certain level -- the methane can be released ... the depth will increase as the methane heats the atmosphere, and the oceans heat further in response. ...
At some critical point (does not happen, we hope) the amount of methane could over top the system and cause big issues!
We might not be breathing well enough to document them at that point.

The amount of methane which is and will be released during the melting of the Arctic Sea Ice (from surrounding lands) is far greater than you might expect; and this is a problem we need to get a handle on .. both in the water, in the soils and in the air!! ..
The chemistry adept folks need a heads up on this ... Canada and Alaska, Siberia and Northern China plus other northern climates have a lot of methane locked in frozen soils .. warming will surely release it! ...and ... then there are the underwater deposits .. = extensive!!

Northern logging areas are being treated with herbicides to make 'pure pine' forests. ..
Clear cutting = heating.
Brazil is being sprayed with agent orange (on the sly, but tanker trucks full are being used) to make cattle ranches or farms; .. again it is heating, and the loss of precious O2 generating lands, and carbon sinks. Both these little enterprises are making Monsanto very well off.

It is a very troubling time!
I can imagine the planet and a good share of her humans are giving off very worried vibes.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

Excellent Excellent info !! I also believe that our solar system is heating up. Makes it hard to study when it hasn't happened in recorded history. And I am so with you about the methane. Methane is a killer. Underestimated and under evaluated in my opinion. A silent killer.

Great contribution to this thread ! Thank You !!

<< 4  5  6   >>

join