It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Weather? Nothing to see here...move along...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by chrismicha77

You asked where does the Co2 from Volcano's go.
The answer is the same as any Co2 as low as it can get, yes it is heavier than air and can only be in the air when carried there by eg., water vapour. There can only be more Co2 in the atmosphere if there is more water vapour, and there can only be more water vapour if it is warmer.
Don't forget without Co2 all the plants would die, and without the plants so would everything else including us.

Yes get rid of Co2 and kill the planet.

Not to mention that it was in thousands of ppm range during most of Earth's history and yet climate seemed to be more stable than now and not any hotter.
It seems like temperatures raised long before Co2 anyways, but sadly most people/agw scientists don't have the brains to look further back than a few decades.
Even ice ages suddenly started when Co2 was in thousands of ppm range.

And like you said it also is good for life and plants. Our planets biosphere have even gotten greener over last decades which some think can have something to do with the increase in Co2.
Also what not many people know is that pre industrial level is as low as it gets with exception of the deepest part of ice age when it was a bit lower.
Our planet is actually starved when it comes to this "greenhouse gas".

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Very good thread and a S&F, I just came across this article this morning from NASA. They come right out and say that our weather is really odd and violent, more than ever right now.
It is a good read but I am not sure if I buy their explanation.
Just thought I would add it to this thread as it seems to fit with the theme here.

Link
science.nasa.gov...

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 25-6-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by Sly1one

Exactly i pointed this out to him in my only two posts on this Thread.

I would too surmise and agree with your point- we think alike.

Peace

Hello again,

I have said that I don't take it as granted. And I'll say it again...

As mentioned in the OP,

It is often said that we notice more of the extremes nowadays because of more research, more apparatus to study and notify, along with the ease of communications...That they’ve always been as bad but we just didn’t know. I have serious doubts.

I do agree with you that it must have an effect on the numbers. I don't think anyone would deny that. But to what point? The increase would not be as significant? Probably. But would we still see an increase? Surely.

We do have better equipment nowadays to measure. Absolutely. And in bigger quantity. Certainly. But would the numbers dramatically drop because of that? It's also in the quote...

I have serious doubts.

But I do take your point in consideration.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

I like your reply !

Very much so.

Thirty years ago, some scientists were saying that we were about to cross a point of no return...In Quebec, we had Professeur Lebrun - a very popular and well known meteorologist, now deceased - that was telling people about all of this stuff. Amazing...

There is a thread here on ATS stating - with facts - that the oceans are dying, the aquatic life is on the verge of extinction...It's all one big mess.

But we were warned. We just didn't listen.

And there are still many many people that go:

Nothing to see here...move along...

Thanks for dropping by.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Thank you Sir for your kind words !

Much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Hello Screwed,

Although I liked reading it, I am not sure I understand your reply...

Want to tell us a little bit more?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

Hello Jeremiah,

I live on the gulf coast and a couple weeks before hurricane season started up our local news stated the water was like 20 degrees hotter than it should be.

I often think of you guys living on the Gulf Coast. I wouldn't have liked going through what you guys went trough with BP...and now the hurricanes...

Be safe my friend and thanks for coming by !

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Jetstream is shifting.

The jet stream — America's stormy weather maker — is creeping northward and weakening, new research shows.

That potentially means less rain in the already dry South and Southwest and more storms in the North. And it could also translate into more and stronger hurricanes since the jet stream suppresses their formation. The study's authors said they have to do more research to pinpoint specific consequences.

From 1979 to 2001, the Northern Hemisphere's jet stream moved northward on average at a rate of about 1.25 miles a year, according to the paper published Friday in the journal Geophysical Research Letters. The authors suspect global warming is the cause, but have yet to prove it.

The jet stream is a high-speed, constantly shifting river of air about 30,000 feet above the ground that guides storm systems and cool air around the globe. And when it moves away from a region, high pressure and clear skies predominate.

Two other jet streams in the Southern Hemisphere are also shifting poleward, the study found.

Look south for future
The northern jet stream "is the dominant thing that creates weather systems for the United States," said study co-author Ken Caldeira, a climate scientist at the Carnegie Institution of Washington in Stanford, Calif. "Basically look south of where you are and that's probably a good guess of what your weather may be like in a few decades."

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24228037/ns/us_news-en vironment/t/jet-stream-moving-north-weather-shifts-likely/

I know,,,,,I know......It is a logical explanation that many here on ATS will dismiss as TPTB propaganda....,,,People want to look more into things than there really is....

S&F for the well put together thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is what the Earth does, it fluctuates. It goes through cycles, it varies from glacial to non-glacial. It's not a perfect world for Humans, but it's the best world we got. We are fortunate to be living during the inter-glacial period, it happens to be the best time to be alive. Remember that.

So just to recap, extreme weather? Not really, just part of the natural way of the Earth.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
its all man made....this world is not real

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This thread has made me think, I have mentioned in other threads that volcanic activity has gone up %300 in the last 2,000 years, CO2 is now 398 parts per million, still not one percent, so I just cannot see how less than one percent can have such a huge effect on the other 99.296 % of the atmosphere, earth 22,000 year axial tilt may have a bearing, the north pole tilting more towards the sun, more Methane being released from the permafrost deposits in Russia, and the Northern ocean. ( Methane holds 20 times more heat than CO2, but for a shorter time).
I think that is enough to chew over for now.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink

You asked where does the Co2 from Volcano's go.
The answer is the same as any Co2 as low as it can get, yes it is heavier than air and can only be in the air when carried there by eg., water vapour. There can only be more Co2 in the atmosphere if there is more water vapour, and there can only be more water vapour if it is warmer.
Don't forget without Co2 all the plants would die, and without the plants so would everything else including us.

Yes get rid of Co2 and kill the planet.

Uh what are you talking about? I never said decrease Co2 now did I? Maybe you should go back and actually see what was posted. Or maybe yet, go to the site and read what it say, it's very imformative.

Yeah, lets get rid of Co2...how absurd.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Is extreme weather really happening or are we just more connected now more than ever through the Internet and television?

If you think about it...50 years ago we would have never known about earthquakes, volcanoes or tsunamis around the world unless they were on an extremely large scale.

You bring up a good point. In my view I would offer that we are actually more disconnected because of the internet when it comes to freak weather. Charts and graphs showing how normal everything is populate like rabbits overnight on the web. There has been an explosion of sports teams named fireball, tornado, hurricane etc. interfering with searches. Some 5 or so years back there was a guy on the Weather Channel I used to call the winker. He would say, "60 foot waves off the coast of California...long time since we've seen that" and then wink. And there would be no more about that except for the almost immediate study on the internet showing that this had been happening forever. There was a story about a hot spot outside of Santa Barbara where the surface temperature had risen to 400 degrees which I was never able to find again. Never in our short recorded history has there been a way to essentially 'change' history overnight. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have the same feeling, OP. I've been seeing this, and I seriously think something big is coming... let's hope the best.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I participated in a thread a couple of months ago, it was about how bad and abnormal the weather was then.
The thread was over-run by comments such as where is the proof, show me the data, its just a fluke, so forth and so on.
After seeing SonoftheSun's evidence and other links provided here I think that the debate has gone from where is the proof to "What the hell is causing this?"

The lack of Naysayers here is almost deafening to say the least.
Again thanks to SonoftheSun for doing the research and presenting it in a very easy to understand manner.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Is extreme weather really happening or are we just more connected now more than ever through the Internet and television?

If you think about it...50 years ago we would have never known about earthquakes, volcanoes or tsunamis around the world unless they were on an extremely large scale.

Well, I've already given my opinion on this. Yes, it's to be taken into account but I don't think it's a reason enough to dismiss all the extremes.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Hello Chrismicha,

I'll stop there but I suggest go read the article, because, they do make very good sense!

Will do when I get a chance. Thanks for contributing !

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

After seeing SonoftheSun's evidence and other links provided here I think that the debate has gone from where is the proof to "What the hell is causing this?"

It is nice to see that it is business as usual here on ATS. There are explanations. Such as my post above. It is all of the blinded it must be one big conspiracy people such as yourself that wants to dismiss or completely ignore the facts and science to find the answers you all are looking for.

Earth is constantly changing. We as a human race has gotten a little too comfortable on this rock and the rich and powerful are feeding off of all of your fears. Keep feeding the fear mongering.....They will eventually add the carbon taxes because of people being ignorant of what is going on....

The earth is changing, it must be you...Now you have to pay for it while I jump in my jet and go out for lunch.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hello Light soul,

Originally posted by Light soul
I have been watching the earthquakes throughout the world for the past 4 years and i can tell you now, the USGS site

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Is majorly flawed or something is being covered up.

Misleading information.

Ooooh....that is a big claim !

And I totally agree !!!

I think the numbers (most but certainly not all) are there but it's all being downplayed. I also find it somewhat misleading as I highlighted in the OP...

However, the number of large earthquakes (magnitude 6.0 and greater) has stayed relatively constant.

How about magnitude 7.0 and greater?? How about magnitude 5.0 and greater?? But pointing out the 6.0 had me add the sarcasm in the title: Nothing to see here...move along...

Thank you for bringing it up ! If I could, I would give you more than one star for that reply !!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Hello AboveTheTrees,

The increase seems irrefutable on the charts you posted, our problems come in agreeing causes and meanings to it.

Absolutely. Increases are undeniable. Anyone saying otherwise is blind, uninformed or just doesn't care...

The next step is finding out what causes it and what solutions there might be to reverse the trend. If possible, which is very very speculative...

Thanks for dropping by !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join