It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Weather? Nothing to see here...move along...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

More Humans widespread on the Earth than ever before; of course were going to experience more disasters than before.

More people spread throughout more regions than ever before.

Also To Note very importantly that obviously in the past not everyone was keeping records of disasters all around the world. The world is much more inter-connected that before with the invention of the Internet, T.V, Radio. Etc

Its just common sense

Also to note the Climate is always changing; always has been constantly throughout the Earths history.

In the recent past we have gone through many changes in climate. Our primitive ancestors seemed to have survived it all
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50986aa0800e.gif[/atsimg]
The Isthumus Of Panama

3 million years ago when you see the sudden increase in variance between temperature fluctuations is what occurred when South America and North America Joined at The Isthumuth of Panama

This blocked the Current that joined the Pacific and the Atlantic Oceans together between the two continents.

It is widely accepted that this is what most likely caused the change and increased variance in fluctuations of temperature from warm to cold.

And causes the Earth to fluctuate in-between Ice Ages and Inter-Glacials

Over time, massive amounts of sediment (sand, soil, and mud) from North and South America filled the gaps between the newly forming islands. Over millions of years, the sediment deposits added to the islands until the gaps were completely filled. By about 3 million years ago, an isthmus had formed between North and South America.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b4d86b570fb.png[/atsimg]

Here is the Data from the Vostok Ice-Cores that will allow us to view the Temperature Changes in more recent History

Scientists believe the formation of the Isthmus of Panama is one of the most important geologic events in the last 60 million years. Even though only a small sliver of land relative to the sizes of continents, the Isthmus of Panama had an enormous impact on Earth's climate and its environment. By shutting down the flow of water between the two oceans, the land bridge re-routed ocean currents in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Atlantic currents were forced northward, and eventually settled into a new current pattern that we call the Gulf Stream today. With warm Caribbean waters flowing toward the northeast Atlantic, the climate of northwestern Europe grew warmer. (Winters there would be as much as 10 °C colder without the transport of heat from the Gulf Stream.) The Atlantic, no longer mingling with the Pacific, grew saltier. Each of these changes helped establish the global ocean circulation pattern in place today. In short, the Isthmus of Panama directly and indirectly influenced ocean and atmospheric circulation patterns, which regulated patterns of rainfall, which in turn sculpted landscapes.

[1] Evidence also suggests that the creation of this land mass and the subsequent, warm wet weather over northern Europe resulted in the formation of a large Arctic ice cap and contributed to the current ice age.

edit on 24-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

All of the above can only be linked to a LARGE celestial body moving into our area of the solar system.

IE: WORMWOOD!!! The Brown Dwarf Star.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I see a trend in these graphs...
Hmm what is it..
What is that trend...
Oh right they seem to all be going like dis _..--~*''

Lol that was keyboard image ;D But yeah they are all going up. But what about a say.. 1000 year graph? What if there was a rapid decrease in the late 1800's ? i mean it's interesting but we need to have a control and 100 years out of 6 billion year old earth doesn't really cut it

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

More Humans widespread on the Earth than ever before; of course were going to experience more disasters than before. More people spread throughout more regions than ever before. Also To Note very importantly that obviously in the past not everyone was keeping records of disasters all around the world. The world is much more inter-connected that before with the invention of the Internet, T.V, Radio. Etc

Its just common sense

Yes it is.

But I don't take that as granted. There are many variables at play here. Our studies on the matter haven't been very long, considering the age of the earth. Our solar system is going through a phase that hasn't been seen in recorded history. It could also be a cycle, strong possibilities. Yet, there is a significant increase in extreme weather.

Interesting reply nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Although there is very strong assumptions of a brown dwarf lurking, it is yet to be found.

Speculations are sky high but the evidence isn't there yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Exactly !

We know very very little. But figures don't lie. I don't know the cause. But figures show an increase.

Thanks for dropping by !

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The earth is billions of years old. These graphs only contain date from the 1900's to early 2000's. That is nothing in the global timescale.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It could also be a cycle, strong possibilities. Yet, there is a significant increase in extreme weather.

As pointed out in my post increased humans spread throughout more regions of the Earth in the last century than ever before.

This would explain Increase in disaster related events and reports of them.

Also the fact that technology now allows us to record properly and/or be updated in Real-time unlike in the past many disasters may smaller scale and larger scale disasters may have gone unreported because of the Technology Gap.

Humans are inclined to believe they are special and living in a unique time; it is only human nature. But we must leave out human nature in scientific studies or Data retrieval.
-Finit
edit on 24-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Although I do personally believe the weather systems of the world are drastic and appear to be getting more drastic in terms of frequency and power...

I also believe that partially the reason you see the "statistics" pointing "UP" is because as time goes on technology gets better more sensors are put out to record information and thus....the RECORDING of events goes up...which doesn't necessarily indicate the events are going up but may just be a mirror of how we have "beefed" up our ability detect events of varying scales over the last 100 years or so...

this has to be taken into consideration when "interpreting" these statistics...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Exactly i pointed this out to him in my only two posts on this Thread.

I would too surmise and agree with your point- we think alike.

Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Very interesting and graphic presentation. Since at least the mid-60's models of earth climate based on human impact have been carefully rendered and became more and more sophisticated and precise as time went on. It seems like one morning I woke up and climate scientists were saying they had all been wrong and things were escalating at a rate far beyond that predicted. It was like everyone was saying what happened and then it was back to the past and back to the future to try to find precedent. Something not predicted entered the equation and it was back to the past to find it. I like the fireball thing as an indicator of which direction to look and, of course, I like the ever popular and elusive brown dwarf.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Every time I begin to lose faith in ATS, someone gives a well written and brilliant thread chock full of logic, reason, and most importantly, Facts!
Until you brought all this information, I had a sneaking suspicion that we were hearing more about all the natural disasters solely because we now have the technological means to communicate instantly. This info actually brings some compelling(and scary) data to the table.
If I could applaud this thread I would!
Great Job.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by j-man
After reading about the Alaska quake I got on a similar train of thought.

thank you for confirming my suspicion with a well put-together thread, s&f.

It seems to me as if the planet is really getting angry, as if nature is fed up with us.

Worst thing is, we sort of had it coming...

Why jump to conclusion that planet changes have something to do with humans? Seems a bit ego centric to me. While I certainly agree something is happening I don't see any reason to believe we are anything more than observers here.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It NEVER ceases to amaze me, the lengths some people will go to in order to deny a reality that they are not comfortable with.

I stand in awe at its majesty being played out like an out of tune fiddle.
It really has become an art form, and one that has apparently been taught at a prestigeous college
by some of the worlds most renowened experts in the field.

It greets me in every thread like a lost lover who has found her way back into my arms.
We greet eachother passionately and with warm embrace. But alas, we must soon part, only to find eachother again in the shadows of the next reality based thread.

Will you people ever stop?????
Why must you fight this kicking and screaming??
The further in denial you get, the harder the pimp slap upside your face is going to hit you when
your world and everything you thought you knew comes crumbling down on you with the weight of
a thousand nightmares like a house of cards.

You guys have truely honed your craft.
Some of you take denial to a whole new level.

May the flying spaghetti monster save your souls.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is my first post in a while, but I've been checking in from time to time and I've yet to see anyone gather all this freak weather into one thread like this. Excellent work sonofthesun. I've noticed all this crazy weather and a lot of other people have too. Maybe not on here, but people I've spoken with around town. I live on the gulf coast and a couple weeks before hurricane season started up our local news stated the water was like 20 degrees hotter than it should be. Now if a hurricane came into the gulf when it's this hot we'll have some strong storms. We also were dealing with a lot of dry weather, but out of no where storms have been popping up randomly. Like on the radar map there would be nothing then bam a storm would be there a split second later. It's been happening a lot. The meteorologists can't keep up. I've lived down here most of my life and it has never been like this. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.. Thanks for doing all of the research and putting this out here. Y'all have a great night and be safe.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
It NEVER ceases to amaze me, the lengths some people will go to in order to deny a reality that they are not comfortable with.

I stand in awe at its majesty being played out like an out of tune fiddle.
It really has become an art form, and one that has apparently been taught at a prestigeous college
by some of the worlds most renowened experts in the field.

It greets me in every thread like a lost lover who has found her way back into my arms.
We greet eachother passionately and with warm embrace. But alas, we must soon part, only to find eachother again in the shadows of the next reality based thread.

Will you people ever stop?????
Why must you fight this kicking and screaming??
The further in denial you get, the harder the pimp slap upside your face is going to hit you when
your world and everything you thought you knew comes crumbling down on you with the weight of
a thousand nightmares like a house of cards.

You guys have truely honed your craft.
Some of you take denial to a whole new level.

May the flying spaghetti monster save your souls.

I'm sorry but what are you talking about? I see the denial part, but denial of what? I think I know, but I don't want to assume anything

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by j-man
After reading about the Alaska quake I got on a similar train of thought.

thank you for confirming my suspicion with a well put-together thread, s&f.

It seems to me as if the planet is really getting angry, as if nature is fed up with us.

Worst thing is, we sort of had it coming...

This is all predicted by Jesus Christ in the new testament.

Mark 13:7-8
But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet. 8 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles.[a] These are the beginnings of sorrows.

The Old Testament specifically warns about those who try to divide Israel.

In Joel 3:2, the Lord says: “I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations; and they have divided up My land.” (3:2)

Wake up people. The end is near. And Jesus is coming back. Behold the might Lamb of God.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I've noticed the weather changed a lot where i live no crazy quakes,(too much sandstone) but we been in a drought for last 100 year almost and the amount of rain in this year alone has been more then the entire drought, needless to say it's causing tons of tornado and flash/normal floods, BTW I"m in Montana, in the badlands side, not the petty mountain side, kinda happy though i live by the only undammed river in the US, cause the issues in fort peck will be bad if they got as much rain as we did today.

Within like 20-40 min it went from 0 water to the streets being deeps enough to go boating in,(didn't get a chance to try it myself, was at work and my kayak was at home) all the places with loading docs have water going all the way upto there edges, lucky the town is all storm drains and irrigation ditches so we don't stay flooded for too long, but the smaller town are getting owned, the great grandmas town was getting 82" an hour, after they had just got hit by a flash flood the day before, and then a tornado shot down the highway right into the same town,
, the weather is totally different then it used to be, never seen/heard about tornadoes here till about 2-3 years back and we've had massive amounts of them touching down in our valley, usually damage is minimal but one of them destroyed the city fairground/stadium, right in the center of town and then took off up to hit all them rich folks,lol my poor bum was hoping my trailer didn't get rocked,

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Is extreme weather really happening or are we just more connected now more than ever through the Internet and television?

If you think about it...50 years ago we would have never known about earthquakes, volcanoes or tsunamis around the world unless they were on an extremely large scale.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Great post man S&F for you!!

I'm going to add a little twist to it and some different perspectives.

History of AGW Fraud. For most of the twentieth century, scientists were unconcerned about global warming, because carbon dioxide saturates (saturation explained below) and cannot do more heating. Whatever CO2 did in the past, adding more CO2 cannot change anything. But then global warming was dug up by fanatics who took another look at the science and said, maybe saturation does not occur at the top of the atmosphere. As time went on, every element of the science was contrived to promote global warming alarmism.

Greenhouse Gasses. There is no such thing as a greenhouse gas, because equilibrium determines global temperatures. The energy leaving the planet must equal the energy entering from the sun. The temperature at which that much energy leaves is determined by the major components (nitrogen, oxygen and water vapor) of the atmosphere, not the carbon dioxide

Temperature Measurements Falsified. After all the claims of unquestionable science, the end result is based on one point only—thermometer measurements—because there is no physics which can resolve the complexities. Climategate files show what had already been established by critics: The temperature increase is fake. Satellite measurements show very little temperature increase (due to warming oceans, not CO2), but the satellite data was adjusted to fit the fake thermometer data.

Contradictions. Self-contradiction is extreme and shameless in trying to contrive a large temperature increase for the future based on the past, supposed temperature increase which humans caused. Fake equations are used, and they don't produce the same numbers for the past and future.

Ice Ages. Ice ages occur every 100,000 years. The next one is scheduled to begin now. Oceans and temperatures rise before the ice ages begin. These are ocean temperatures measured through sea shell isotopes being used as a proxy for global (atmospheric) temperatures. Warm oceans precede ice ages, and warm oceans increase precipitation. So precipitation increases before ice ages, contrary to some claims.

Arctic Ice. The first thing fakes point to when criticized is ice melting over the Arctic. Ice melts over the Arctic about once a century or more. A miniscule temperature increase in the atmosphere has no ability to melt Arctic ice; only warm ocean currents melt Arctic ice.

Volcanoes put 2.3% as much CO2 into the air as humans every year (gov source). If CO2 could accumulate, the volcanic amount in 43 years would equal the human amount for one year. Volcanoes have been doing it for 5 billion years, and humans for only 150 years. The supposed total amount of human accumulation (240 GT) is put into the atmosphere by volcanoes every 1,200 years.

Where does the volcanic CO2 go, if the human amount accumulates? If it is acidifying the oceans, why didn't volcanoes acidify the oceans many times over?

I'll stop there but I suggest go read the article, because, they do make very good sense!

nov47.com...

edit on 25-6-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join