It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinite Nothingness's Infinity.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Infinity is a mind-blowing and thought provoking concept that allows you to imagine existing in something more magnificent that words can describe.

What is infinite has no beginning or end. It is not big or small. There is eternal-no-time and expansive-contractive-space.q In fact, you can't put any mathematical quantity associated to infinity because that would render it finite.

Infinity is conceptually nothingness. If you applied mathematics to nothingness, you would effectively make it something and thus not nothingness.

People fear nothingness, but praise infinity, but what if I told you they were the same thing.

It is the great paradox that I suspect is responsible for duality in this universe of form.

What comes from nothing? Anything. Thus infinity. But infinity is not the physical universe because infinity is too great to express itself in something like this. The physical universe is just an image of infinity. It is a representation of the qualities of infinity, but is not infinity in totality. Infinity is a uniform immeasurability.

Infinity is nothingness as nothingness is infinite. If either exist, we won't be aware of it until we go there and experience it, and it will be beautiful.

edit on 24-6-2011 by smithjustinb because: eqerhqwr

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Infinity is nothingness as nothingness is infinite. If either exist, we won't be aware of it until we go there and experience it, and it will be beautiful.

divide by 0

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nothingness is still something

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyShaftoe

divide by 0

I guess you proved me wrong and right. Awesome.
edit on 24-6-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888

Otherwise you wouldn't exist.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Very thought provoking! I loved it

I always ignored concepts and teachings on nothingness. Personally, I can reach the state of nothingness in my meditations, but my understanding of it greatly differs from your OP. I always viewed nothingness as the opposite of infinity, not it's root. When I attain nothingness, I simply dwell there in it's emptiness... feeling it as almost an escape from infinity or existence.

However, your explanation of nothingness being the infinite potential from which infinity can manifest has my upper chakras tingling
Infinite potential may indeed be a representation of an infinite nothingness, rather than being the actual infinity. Once a form is introduced, it is a perspective of infinity instead of the form itself being infinity. Makes lots of sense, and I will definitely dwell on it in my future meditations. Perhaps I have reached infinity all along, but was unable to realize it because of false understandings or expectations. Thank you for the philosophical food. May Peace be with you.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

In fact, you can't put any mathematical quantity associated to infinity because that would render it finite.

Unless one uses the symbol for infinity and then adds + or - and a number. Still infinate but with the addition of a mathematical quantity.

??? lol

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Words like that with "ness" after them describe feelings don't they so it could only describe something.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I didnt read the whole thread but I believe I can explain. Infinity is something that the human can never understand and this is because the human vrain can only comprehend of that what it sees, which is why it cannot beleve that something has eternwl life. Beleive me us as humans only know a fraction of what we need to. The only thing that goes on forever is the universe because if it always has been the npbody needed to create it.
edit on 24-6-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In complete possibility, where anything can happen - is the state of "before" the universe - thus, anything that can occur that does not immediatley destroy itself - i.e. something that is "infinite" or perpetually self-referential (like a figure of eight pattern) will thus exist.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The only thing that can contain infinity is nothingness. The nothingness is infinite.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I didnt read the whole thread but I believe I can explain. Infinity is something that the human can never understand and this is because the human vrain can only comprehend of that what it sees, which is why it cannot beleve that something has eternwl life. Beleive me us as humans only know a fraction of what we need to. The only thing that goes on forever is the universe because if it always has been the npbody needed to create it.
edit on 24-6-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

I understand infinity as infinite nothingness. Basically God. The ultimate duality. The Alpha and Omega. I get it. We are the expression or image of this duality. Opposite forces coming together to create the spiral galaxy. I now see it everywhere in nature. It is the symbolic flower of life.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Words like that with "ness" after them describe feelings don't they so it could only describe something.

Yes. "ness"- the quality of being.

It's not as much nothing as it is infinity, but only nothing can contain infinity.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
In complete possibility, where anything can happen - is the state of "before" the universe - thus, anything that can occur that does not immediatley destroy itself - i.e. something that is "infinite" or perpetually self-referential (like a figure of eight pattern) will thus exist.

The flower of life and the spiral.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Life gives infinate opportunities

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Life gives infinate opportunities

Life is the dualistic expression the the perfect paradox of the oneness of the Alpha and Omega that is infinity/nothingness. It is why you have two eyes and why every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

As an expression of infinity, yes anything is possible.
edit on 24-6-2011 by smithjustinb because: qwe4ysdfh

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If all of you here understand what I'm saying, you now know what it means to be "made in God's image".

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If you think of the image of an eye - then, it is really what happens when you take a sphere and place it on a 2-dimensional surface, trace the point that it makes contact with the surface, and then, trace the outer edge of the sphere onto the surface, a 180 degree producing a dot within a circle, and a narrower angle creating an oval around the circle, and thus an "eye" - its all geometry - although, the real eye is the one that our "designers" tried to immitate with one that was obviously "drawn."

edit on 24-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

If you think of the image of an eye - then, it is really what happens when you take a sphere and place it on a 2-dimensional surface, trace the point that it makes contact with the surface, and then, trace the outer edge of the sphere onto the surface, a 180 degree producing a dot within a circle, and a narrower angle creating an oval around the circle, and thus an "eye" - its all geometry - although, the real eye is the one that our "designers" tried to immitate with one that was obviously "drawn."

edit on 24-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

Nice. I did not know that. It is all geometry and symmetry and their is deeper meaning behind the geometry of life forms and natural form in general.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Infinity is one of my favorite subjects. But they found infinite Energy, not really empty space. So its not just infinite void, is infinite energy, infinite intellect, infinite variety, no measurement can be taken, No Time, no Higher/Lower, Bigger/Smaller, Past/Future except as perceptions. Everything is like Infinite fractals, all at once.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join