It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence lifted: The untold stories of rape during the Holocaust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
warning: some images may not be suitable for
younger viewers or for weak stomachs.

The soldiers came for her at night. They took the girl to a barrack and forced her to watch a woman get raped. The drunken men then set loose a dog to rip off the raped woman's breasts. Blood was everywhere. The woman passed out.

The young witness was next. Five soldiers held her down and took turns raping and sodomizing her. They spilled alcohol on her. They laughed. They said they'd kill her. She didn't yet have breasts for the dog to attack.

Later, her sister cleaned her up, but they didn't speak about what had happened. No one talked about such things. They didn't have to. Or maybe they couldn't.

www.cnn.com...

It is a subject not too many like to discuss,
but the supposed rapes in Syria and Libya
and Egypt in the war zones bring to light
the topic which many would rather sweep
under the rug and forget.

Frankly, I do not understand the mentality
of an individual who can rape another
human being. The horror stories coming
out of Iraq during Abu Grhab of turture
and rape reminds us once again of mankind's
evilness.

Let us not forget the victims of these horrific
crimes ...... ever !!!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When someone finally figures this whole topic out, I would love to hear about it. I am well versed with how rape is used as a weapon in warfare. I just don't get it. What is supposed to be gained? Oh, the intention to break the morale of the people and their will to resist is clear enough...but really? They keep trying this in brush fire and tribal wars all over the world for centuries and somehow expect the next time will be different and accomplish something?? It seems to me, if I were among the victimized population, nothing imaginable could be done to enrage me more deeply or light the fire of vengeance in a deeper and more lasting way.

I just can't imagine (and that is a good thing) the level of hate and ugly rage it would engender in the males and, for that matter, the females who aren't outright broken by it, to go after those who DID it. The war ending would only make the revenge easier to get, it would never end the need to seek it out.

So again..If anyone can explain in a real world logical way what this is supposed to actually accomplish, I'd love to hear it. It sounds like it's more often a breakdown in discipline and willful decision by command to let 'boys be boys' and to hell with the EVIL that attitude unleashes upon other human beings.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

be happy you don't understand.
if you did you'd be just like them.

no real mystery here, other than what lurks in some creatures unrestricted id.

some one who'd work in a concentration camp is obviously gonna fit the definition of monster.

i'll skip the pics and take your word for it, as i heard a few stories like this from survivors when i was a kid.

[childhood insomnia issues + curiosity about what the grown ups were talking about]

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

`They raped every German female from eight to 80`

A similar horror was visited on German women by the Soviets .

-----------------

Depraved !

--------------

How anyone could live with themselves after doing that I will never know - my conscious would eat my alive .

new topics

top topics

join