It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the World Revolution must start in America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

“We will have to take care of ourselves,” he wrote. “We will have to rapidly create small, monastic communities where we can sustain and feed ourselves. It will be up to us to keep alive the intellectual, moral and cultural values the corporate state has attempted to snuff out. It is either that or become drones and serfs in a global corporate dystopia. It is not much of a choice. But at least we still have one.”

www.rawstory.com...

From what I gather from this piece is that America
is the world's leader in Capitalism and thusly
the revolution must start where Capitalism started.
It is not a pretty site what follows, but still worth a
look.

your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We don't need to create "small monastic communities". We need to create one large global community. A one world government modeled after the federal system that the United States uses. That will be our only salvation.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I agree, but I don't think that will happen.

The first country that will bring a new form of cheap sustainable energy will start the next industrial revolution, and you and I both know, that won't happen in the land of broken dreams.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We do set trends in the world. lol

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It must begin Amerika because there is the heart of the planet wide delusion. Many volunteer their lives as cannon fodder in foreign, trumped up wars. Strike the heart of this illusion with sword of truth. It is there in Amerika where the death of this wretched beast begins. This thing, this death is but an awakening. This is not a revolution but it is an EVOLUTION!! We that intend to move on shall do so unimpeded. Those that wish to stop them will be unable to do so as if restrained by an invisible hand. We quickly step over to the other side. Others stop as if restained by an invisible hand. "Not yet", wispers the Divine voice.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

From what I gather from this piece is that America is the world's leader in Capitalism and thusly the revolution must start where Capitalism started.

Capitalism didn't start in America.
America isn't a world leader in Capitalism.

Globalization has nothing to do with our current economic crisis, the world isn't even as Globalized as it use to be.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
We don't need to create "small monastic communities". We need to create one large global community. A one world government modeled after the federal system that the United States uses. That will be our only salvation.

and for those of us that have the future of the country in our hands,

how, pray tell,

would this "model" be exampled ?

samples please of how life in Siberia would be affected and/or changed ?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

and for those of us that have the future of the country in our hands,

how, pray tell,

would this "model" be exampled ?

samples please of how life in Siberia would be affected and/or changed ?

It wouldn't be affected anymore than the lives of people who lived in Georgia when the Constitution was ratified.

In a United Earth government, each small country becomes a state while each large country is divided into several states (based along existing lines) and then these states are organized into regions. Like North America, South America, Europe, North Africa, South Africa, East Asia, West Asia, North Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Australia. Each state elects its own governor as well as its own state legislature and two Federal Senators and a number of Federal Representatives based on population. There is also a regional governor and regional legislature elected by popular vote of all of the states in the region. The federal President is elected by popular vote, no electoral colleges. The UE Constitution is a direct copy of the US Constitution with a few tweaks (IE relegated powers to the regional governments, which relegate to the state governments).

Since money is no longer spent on wars, poverty, hunger, and crime can be virtually eliminated. Unemployment can be remedied by new jobs focused on new objectives, like space travel. English would be taught as the global language (though it pretty much already is). Extensive social programs would eliminate hardship, ecological reforms would reduce pollution while retaining our way of life.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What you're forgetting is that in order for things to start in America..

...they have to start in Canada first.

Americans hate change unless they see someone else doing it better than them and get jealous that their self-proclaimed "best country in the world" isn't doing such things.

You'll see most real "progressive" practices being implemented in the US were implemented in Canada first.

And then the American public whines to the government about it, and the government creates the illusion that they are implementing such things, but really they are just doing it to give handouts to corporations so that they can keep their hands in their pockets.

I'm not trying to demotivate, it would be awesome if America started a revolution. However, I have talked to Americans that aren't here on ATS, and they think that their country is currently "perfect" and "free", and anyone who is against the government must be against America.
edit on 24-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I've just randomly come up with some thoughts that streamed into my mind, that may or may not be my own, since I have been taught by others and read others works. Please keep in mind, no idea is completely mine and I will not take credit for them, due to the vast years concious intelligent thought has been thought of. Since I have been unable to teach myself, all by myself, I am compelled to give credit to all thought so written below to those who had the same thoughts historically and in the "now".

Here are some thoughts that generated into my mind that will help keep the United States intact.

All Nations are guilty of bloodshed to keep their stronghold, otherwise they soon disappear into the texts of history books as a "once was"

The goal of a nation should be to protect their citizens within itself.

There is no true path to peace that will extend to all Nations, these words are empty, instead we must turn our focus on paths of peace within our own nation.

There is no way to obtain and keep a true one world government, that is an illusion, but what is real and can be done is to keep a Nation, such as the United States, with a government. To achieve that, we must get along and support one another.

A nation with good leaders keeps their citizens content in the work force.

A nation with good leaders, shares treasures obtained outside of itself, with it's own citizens, in order to keep the real treasure, which is unity within, intact.

Captialism is good, but a nation with good leaders makes sure citizens are not overly competing with one another for a prosperous lifestyle so much that it creates discourse among them within the nation, and if it should come to this, a good nation with good leaders provides easily accessible alternative avenues for its citizens, so they too can lead a prosperous lifestyle, as stated in the U.S. Constitution, to prevent the job market from being saturated in just a handful of areas.

Since the "enemy" is always present and cannot be rid of, a good nation with good leaders, does not create enemies within itself, but outside of it's self, which are those who are not interested in the good of that good nation.

A good nation extends Capitalism outwards and looks for cheap labor outside of itself, not within it, in order to maintain a prosperous lifestyle for ALL it's citizens within it's nation.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
No offense to previous poster, but any one world government would bring evil to a level we have never seen before.

The american dream is a mind controlled illusion. Those at the top do not care for us, at all. I think George Carlin said it much better than I can:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

It can't get any worse, as well a World Government is the only way to end all war on Earth.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

No. We don't. We need to "think locally" and "to hell with globally".

The egos of our leaders would never allow the program that the U.S. uses. Greed, narcisism, arrogance wouldn't allow for a free society.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

reply to post by pianopraze

It can't get any worse, as well a World Government is the only way to end all war on Earth.

You're wrong it can always get worse a world govt would need a world central bank, and that would mean the highest amount of inflation the world has ever seen. There is nothing to support the idea that a one world government would end all cultural differences, including violence and wars either.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No. We don't. We need to "think locally" and "to hell with globally".

Why? What would that accomplish? If everyone thought like that we'd all still be using stone tools.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

No thanks! You can keep your federal system.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
deleted. double post.
edit on 24-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think that many around ATS( myself included) are tied to the idea of an apocalypse. I am not saying that a looming economic collapse, and global concentration of power is not going to happen. What I am saying is we are sitting around waiting for a catalyzing event while the rest of the world is already in revolution.

The Middle East, Spain, Ireland and Iceland on a political/economic front, Greece, and other countries too. I am in Chile, and there are the largest protests in years over a wide variety of issues.

What I am saying is we should be organizing not planning for a possible worst case scenario. We should be organizing with conventional grass roots activism. The political environment is the best in decades. The economy is not gonna get better no matter how high the market goes. People are not stupid. The average joe is getting pissed. We need a class of people willing to take the thankless job of flyering, organizing meetings, protesting, printing literature, forming facebook groups. The Tea Party gave us many lessons, and the protests in Egypt gave us other lessons for later on. This opportunity is too good to pass up

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Humanity needs to work together if we are going to survive as a species.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
those that don't learn to live together will die together

the peasants are revolting

the revolution is in full swing
iceland stood upo against the bankers
greece they are rocking in the streets
italy they say might be next
IREland

then there are the alciaduh revolts...
libya egypt yemen...must be a bunch of others
remember the balkans?
edit on 24-6-2011 by Danbones because: I though perhaps I should post some CONTENT..what a novel idea, I wonder if any one else will think of that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join