It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Landings are fake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Or were the soviets in on it to?

As a matter of fact... yes

Then why would we fake it in the first place? why woudl the soviets be in on it to?

>Why would they want to fake the moon landing?

Because a moon landing would mean more tax dollars to found space exploration.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Problem here is that the Moon mission program was canceled. Apollo 17 was the last mission Launched on December 7, 1972. So if this were a HOAX in attempt to gain more money it failed completely.

Several missions of the Apollo program were canceled during the 1960s and 1970s, due to budget limitations or schedule constraints. The most notable of these were three Moon landing missions, Apollos 18, 19 and 20.

Canceled Apollo Missions-Wiki.

One would think that if we had not yet made it to the Moon it would generate much more enthusiasm for the cause.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Just look at all the typos by the moon hoax believers, that should tell you something right there.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

buzz has made the most money off his lies... and is just protecting his income.

and yeah because any who questions the official story, face to face, deserves to get hit.

That was "questioning?" Name-calling and accusations is not questioning. It is saying, "Please, punch me in the face so perhaps whatever has gone wrong with my brain might be knocked back into its proper place."

Here's the deal... Because of my father's work when I was a child, I grew up with a tremendously advantageous exposure to manned space-flight. The excitement of my father was catching and he would explain to me technical details of his work as well as provide me with general concepts that even the news media found too complex to mention to their patrons. By the time I was nine (when Apollo XI went up) most interested adults did not have the understanding I had been given.

I have read thousands upon thousands of pages of material on manned space flight in general and on the lunar landings in specific since then-- and that, I know, is only the tip of the iceberg. The incredibly overwhelming amount of data has been poured over by interested, analytical and intelligent people. Not one who has actually encountered and engaged the mountains of data has any doubt as to the truth. That truth is: We walked on the moon.

When another has only exposure to two-page-long web-based articles written by un-credentialed theorist, and then thinks he or she has anything of value to say; then, well... Buzz can explain it to you better and more quickly than I can.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
watch the moon videos, the dust settles right away, if there was atmosphere, the dust would hang in the air, seeing as how some of the moon dust particles are as small as smoke particles, I think moon dust is called Megalith?
just a thought.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If you listen to John Lear and Richard Hoagland and their theories on the moon
then your mind will be blown wide open, you will never look at the moon the same.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

And this is exactly why the tax dollars to fund space exploration/budget were cut drastically soon after the landings?

edit on 25-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
watch the moon videos, the dust settles right away, if there was atmosphere, the dust would hang in the air, seeing as how some of the moon dust particles are as small as smoke particles, I think moon dust is called Megalith?
just a thought.

Close, moon dust is regolith, and the way the very fine particles show perfect ballistic trajectories is one of the best proofs the films were indeed taken on the moon with virtually zero atmosphere.

I mention virtually zero atmosphere, but discussions and theories about lunar atmosphere should be conducted on its own thread.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
watch the moon videos, the dust settles right away, if there was atmosphere, the dust would hang in the air, seeing as how some of the moon dust particles are as small as smoke particles,

Slam-Dunk!

As Frira concisely pointed out, the mountain of evidence is overwhelming; but if I had to pick one single thing that stands-out as easy-to-understand, totally unfakable proof of the moonwalks, it would be the behavior of dust in the video record. Not only does it not billow, but small foot movements can send it flying a long way. Even in the 21st century this effect cannot be replicated (Tom Hanks tried in his IMAX film "Magnificent Desolation").

The video record is chock-full of examples. Here are just a few that I found in a 10-minute search:

www.hq.nasa.gov...
John Young tries to pick something up, falls, cusses, and pumps his legs to get back up. The dust sprays ballistically several feet in all directions

www.hq.nasa.gov...
Gene Cernan detaches the drill from the bit,

www.hq.nasa.gov...
Dave Scott & Jim Irwin sample around a large rock. Close-up of the feet.

www.hq.nasa.gov...
Scott & Irwin make their way down a steep slope.

www.hq.nasa.gov...
Scott & Irwin working on the slope. Note that the camera is crooked, making the men look like their standing at a very peculiar angle. Jim describes the regolith as very fine powder, "like graphite". Dave falls and Jim helps him back up.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
And this is exactly why the tax dollars to fund space exploration/budget were cut drastically soon after the landings?

PUBLIC space exploration was cut.. military space budget sky rocketed... Just watch the heavy lifters being launched by the new ULA (United Launch Alliance)

www.ulalaunch.com...

NASA is useless... should be canceled

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exuperybut if I had to pick one single thing that stands-out as easy-to-understand, totally unfakable proof of the moonwalks, it would be the behavior of dust in the video record.

Sunset and sunrise rays, or Crepuscular rays, are seen on Earth because of dust in the atmosphere. They have also been seen on the Moon since Surveyor and even from Apollonots from orbit..

Levitating moon dust... a NASA yarn
science.nasa.gov...

And what about the raging moon storms? Astronomers have seen clouds on the moon for hundreds of years... and NASA has kept TLP records dating back 10 the 1500's of clouds (and mysterious lights), yet for years telling people they were crazy..

But now the latest NASA yarn is telling us of raging moon storms

December 7, 2005: Every lunar morning, when the sun first peeks over the dusty soil of the moon after two weeks of frigid lunar night, a strange storm stirs the surface.

The next time you see the moon, trace your finger along the terminator, the dividing line between lunar night and day. That's where the storm is. It's a long and skinny dust storm, stretching all the way from the north pole to the south pole, swirling across the surface, following the terminator as sunrise ceaselessly sweeps around the moon.

Never heard of it? Few have. But scientists are increasingly confident that the storm is real.

science.nasa.gov...

So good old NASA (Never A Straight Answer) changes their story when convenient.

NASA needs to be retired along with the old rust bucket, the Shuttle

Good thing the ULA and NRO are now going to go more public with their secret launches. We might get more real info now

www.nro.gov...
edit on 25-6-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I always get a 'charge' out of people trying to discredit NASA using NASA information.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Cite one published example of a NASA press release or communication staing that an observer that he was crazy for reporting transient lunar phenomenon.

Go ahead zorgon. Cite one example.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Boeing and Lockheed Martin are great companies, but Pratt and Whitney is still the company to have made the most powerful rocket engines ever, the F-1.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What on Earth does any of that have to do with the topic?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Pratt and Whitney is still the company to have made the most powerful rocket engines ever, the F-1.

yeah they have been getting a few small contracts lately from NASA and DARPA. They might have a chance

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
What on Earth does any of that have to do with the topic?

Hmmm? oh you mean fake Moon landing...

Do I really need to pull up all that again? Surely you know how to use search to find all the millions of posts on that on ATS

Moon Landing Hoax: Did Stanley Kubrick help film it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Proof of moon landing hoax/Neil Armstrong One Small Step

The Moon Landing Hoax

Nostradamus and the Moon landing hoax

Moon Landing Hoax - Wires Footage

Moon Landing Hoax Apollo 17

Moonfaker: Exhibit A. PART 1 There are many more in the series... all pretty good
depending on your point of view

There ya go
That ought to keep you busy debunking for a few days. I think I will bump those threads seeing as the kids are out on summer break

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
People should read more real science than simple fact altering conspiracy sites that don't require any verification, just questions of their own proposed intelligence and education of the specific details they site.

Its more fun to dream than to research, quite a bit easier too.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There is already a mega thread devoted to Jarrah.

Personally I have a hard time listening to his voice but he does spout a lot of nonsense. Maybe his voice will change when he grows up. Maybe his brain will cut in too.

edit on 6/25/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh god, the young Ausie 'genius' thread? I wonder what aerospace industry he works for, EXACTLY, none!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join