It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Vatican Library...How can Catholics put up with this?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Uhh, I don't know if you people have the ability to accept this, but whatever secrets are contained in the vatican library don't hold a candle to the secrets of Washington, Beijing, or Moscow in terms of the threat they pose to human life on earth.

I for one, would have much preferred to have lived during the middle ages when the Vatican controlled all of europe.

There were no nuclear weapons. There were no designer viruses/biological weapons designed to kill people of a specific race (AIDS, anyone?). There were no chemtrails. The water supply was not laced with flouride. Our food and drink were not Genetically modified and filled with toxins like aspartame. No one group or nation could kill thousands or millions of innocent people with the push of a button. (Armies back then had to rely on swords and crossbows, not cruise missiles and carpet bombing.)

Yes, everyone thinks its so hip to loathe the Vatican, but look at the state of the world now that the Vatican is no longer the center of power. From a global perspective, we're infinitely more cruel and dangerous to each other as a species compared to 500 years ago.

No matter how evil or twisted the Vatican hierarchy may have been during the middle ages, they absolutely pale in comparison, to Mao, Stalin and the Pentagon.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The problem may be that you see an organized religion with a single authority. The Protestant religion is also rife with similar problems. In this past year there's been at least two prominent Protestant leaders (from different denominations, and from where I sit they are "popes" of their own denomination) involved in scandals involving homosexuality and extramarital affairs.

But Bryd, we are talking about the Catholic religion in this thread.

I realise sex abuse and the like occurs in most all churches/religions.

Sects have also covered abuse by moving ministers to different locations. The difference is that the Catholic church has one leader and is held accountable. Ted Haggard's own church held him accountable for his actions (which would be similar to a parish punishing a priest) but nobody is blaming the Association of Life-Giving Churches (the larger foundation under which Ted's church was formed OR the leadership of the National Association of Evangelicals (which would sort of be like the Catholic Church) for all the abuses committed by their ministers.

What a pathetic excuse for a human being Haggard is. I hope he is 'cured' now

The words 'worship' and 'venerate' are very different. For example, the Chinese worshipped the gods but venerated their own ancestors and their elders. People who are venerated aren't viewed as deities. They don't have the same power and authority as a deity.

Those two words might be different but like I said from where I standing I see worship- they love love adore that guy to the point of extremism. Sorry, but nothing anyone will say will change that. Touch old Popey and you too are somehow closer to god.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TechNoir

WOW...

I am not defending Mao, Stalin and the Pentagon,...the first two were only able to perpetrate their horrors while they were in power, which can be counted in decades. The Catholic Church has been around FOR HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of years... but let me get this straight,...

You would rather live during the Inquisition and the Crusades? Do you even know history?

The Vatican PROTECTS pedophile priests,... not only do they PROTECT them,... they MOVE them to other churches to continue their molesting, and that is just what we know about!...

I am almost speechless...

edit on 25-6-2011 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

I am also speechless, since you must know that a few dirty bombs could do as much damage in terms of loss of human life as all of the crusades put together.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Ha!

A dirty bomb,... IF it happened (which it hasn't, btw) could potentially kill thousands initially, then maybe millions over time...

That would still be A DROP IN THE BUCKET compared to the deaths and torture perpetrated by the Catholic Empire...not even close!!!

WOW!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This will probably get me in trouble, and Im not sure how to embed on this site but this is so worth a look for comic relief

Love Silverman

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid

Ha!

A dirty bomb,... IF it happened (which it hasn't, btw) could potentially kill thousands initially, then maybe millions over time...

That would still be A DROP IN THE BUCKET compared to the deaths and torture perpetrated by the Catholic Empire...not even close!!!

WOW!!!

Listen, this site put the total dead from the crusades at 3 million, and the total dead from the Inquistion around 31000.

Go away. You are very stupid.

necrometrics.com...
edit on 25-6-2011 by TechNoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Oh I swear! One day! One day we will raid that place, we will raid it and find the most incredible information that will help us understand the past.

The Vatican is the biggest maffia in the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I.. am...very...stupid...

Thanks for that in-depth analysis

I said DEATHS AND TORTURE... read for a change...

referencing one site does not make it a fact...

You can pretty much DOUBLE or TRIPLE the numbers of DEAD AND TORTURED found on any site when it comes to estimating the impact of any religious group on Humanity...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5andman
If it's written by man, it is fallible.

Only thing that infallible are numbers.

Until expressed by man on a white board ! How many theories have gaping holes in them and do not manifest as reality. !!! Rhetorical.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid

Ha!

WOW!!!

A dirty bomb? Like Mox fuel rods? Nuttin' to be scared of ! How many tonnes of the stuff blew off into the atmosphere just a few weeks back in Japan man ? Plutonium and religion is over rated ! Information is dangerous !

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What does all of this have to do with a secret Vatican library?
Also, it's not secret to everyone.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Because it will show all the bad things they did and most people cant handle the truth or dont care

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think this can be summed up by a simple equation

X = Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely.

Now multiply X by a thousand years and you have your answer.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I do know inside the secret library are millions of written accounts of various Christian martyrs and how they were tortured, skinned alive, raped, and forced to kill each others family members or suffer their own children to be fed to dogs.

Millions of account are recorded by the sick people who carried out these horrible atrocities so they could read over them later while drinking and having orgies in their marble palaces, which was also recorded.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
here is one from the secret Vatican library...LOL...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Symbolism anyone?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
So say you're a Catholic. We all KNOW theres a secret Vatican library.

Why would you believe in a religion that keeps secrets from you? This is something I just dont understand. A lot of us are on ATS to uncover secrets, we abhor secrets. Secrets create hierarchy, control and power struggles. Doesn't sound like the teachings of Jesus to me.

Any help on how Catholics reconcile their faith in people who withhold VERY IMPORTANT information that may go back to the dawn of civilization would be appreciated.

Not a troll post. Just dont get it.
edit on 24-6-2011 by doctornamtab because: changed Christians to Catholics...my bad

For the same reason Americans aren't doing anything about their government who has truckloads of secret documents from this year alone. It is because they don't care, simple as that. Either they don't care or don't know about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Proof of secret Vatican Library?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by Atlantien
If the Bible is the word of God, is it only sections of the Bible or the whole Bible? If it is the whole Bible then why are there books left out and who gave permission for them to be left out or did someone on earth deem themselves above God himself to EDIT the Bible?

Here is the time line of the bible.

Before 990 B.C. ???????????????

990 B.c. First parts of Genesis was created

approx 200 B.C. Septuagint greek edition came out (Jewish move)

300 a.d. Nicene council accepted what was going to be in new testament. This is still debateable. look here for more en.wikipedia.org...

Well that is certainly one way of looking at it lol. Personally, I have no issue with faith. I have faith that "God" or not, mankind has definitely been around a lot long than you've posited with the post.

In the end it is faith, what many people on ats do not understand
edit on 24-6-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

If faith is something that you really believe is at issue here, amongst ATS'ers, rather than differing view points, that everyone must learn to coincide with,

I will strongly suggest taking a trip to one of these fine forums here, and you can discuss whether or not there is a problem with faith:

Aliens and UFOs

New World Order

9/11

Have a good one!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join