It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Vatican Library...How can Catholics put up with this?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by randomname
it's an honor to look in the Vatican library. the Sacred books of God are held in there. you have to be invited to go in and look.

but i'm sure wanting God to come to you, instead of you going to God, is not going to get you in the library.

but i'm also sure if you asked God to visit and see the library, no one will stop you.

Actually, Vito the Swiss guardsman with the ridiculous purple pantaloons might have a thing or two to say about that. He's there a lot more than the other guy these days.

Actually, you apply for access. If you have academic credentials chances are it will be granted. You should be respectful to the ceremonial uniform of a sovereign state, I'm fairly sure you wouldn't say that to his face.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

That's the Vatican archives,not the secret stuff.
That stuff is deep in the catacombs,in vaults.
Where no one knows about it.

It may well be all the treasures of documents they have plundered over the centuries,too priceless to burn,but too opposed to their faith to release to the masses.

I bet they have a few cracking documents concerning ancient alien "gods" and the like stashed away down there,along with some highly controversial nazi/paperclip papers.

I wonder if they know what happened to Kammler and the nazi bell?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
the Vatican may have items from the Library of Alexandria too.

the Library had been "looted" on more than one occasion.

some scholars believe Julius Caesar took possession of many articles and stored them in Seborga.

some articles may still be there under Vatican control.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
catholic person: the catholic church is a direct reflection of god's word, not an organization created by a number of questionable individuals in order to further their own goals. They want what is best for all people and would never keep valuable information secret from us.

other person: isn't this the same organization that tortured and killed thousands of people under the guise of an 'inquisition' in what is arguably the most horrible and terrifying genocide in recorded western history?

catholic person: well, that was just a one time thing... its called faith, you just wouldn't understand.

other person: k...
edit on 25-6-2011 by beansanmash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I quite like the series "The Borgia's"....good historical understanding of the catholic church and papal states in general...interesting stuff.

As far as what is in the secret vaults...meh...it was the church that ransacked the world and stole all the science and information...I reckon its a bunch of ancient texts of various religions, accounts of the early church that goes in opposition of what the current bible reflect, perhaps even a proper rosetta stone to decrypt the bible (no worries though, we got linguists working on the actual translation now..)

So, a lot of their stuff either may already be, or will soon become redundant.

The catholic enterprise is just the ancient roman gods dusted off and renamed...the lesser gods and goddesses became the saints, zeus became god, hera became mary, etc...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

why do you vote when you know bush is going to win?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Why would you believe in a religion that keeps secrets from you? This is something I just dont understand. A lot of us are on ATS to uncover secrets, we abhor secrets. Secrets create hierarchy, control and power struggles. Doesn't sound like the teachings of Jesus to me.

It is not the teachings of Jesus, Jesus for what is worth was a simple man but he had knowlege. The rest I rather not comment.
They made religion to control people, these teachings should of remained just that without religion, but they went on and became something else, a religion for control of the population. It's really the same people that control everything.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The Catholic faithful allow the secrets because they know that if those secrets were revealed, it would lead to a complete dissolution of their Church.

The known evil is better than the unknown.

World hierarchies are all formed the same way: Control of Information.

It is the knowledge iteslf, and only the knowledge, that keeps the Papacy powerful.

Knowledge is Power. Power is Influence. Influence leads to Action. Action is Reality.

That's why there are still oppressors and oppressed.

Total Transparency at every level of Society is the only way to level the playing field.

A push for transparency is the only revolutionary act that is worthwhile, in my humble opinion.

S & F for you, intrepid seeker!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The Secret archives contain a trove of Esoteric Knowledge kept from the public since the beginning by those in positions of Authority. There is a reason books were omitted from the current version of the Bible and so forth.... THINK ABOUT IT

Expand your Consciousness.....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
There is no Vatican Secret Library. Anyone can go there and look at anything they want. I think there might be some secret libraries elsewhere in Rome, or Jerusalem, or other cities in the world, but the Vatican has no secret library.

I'm not defending Catholicism, I just know that anyone can look at their library. Then again, there are some books in extinct languages that are left un-translated. . . so learn Akkadian and Aramaic and check it out for yourself. Let me know what "secrets" are there.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
There is no Vatican Secret Library. Anyone can go there and look at anything they want. I think there might be some secret libraries elsewhere in Rome, or Jerusalem, or other cities in the world, but the Vatican has no secret library.

I'm not defending Catholicism, I just know that anyone can look at their library. Then again, there are some books in extinct languages that are left un-translated. . . so learn Akkadian and Aramaic and check it out for yourself. Let me know what "secrets" are there.

We've already said that there is no secret library... only contents that are secret. As far as your claim that anyone can look at their library...
I beg to differ with you. In many areas... to look at anything... you've got to know what to ask for (that alone can be a challenge for most non-academics)... and then academic credentials are required to support your need to examine those materials. It can be quite the gauntlet if you've chosen to ignore protocol, I can assure you.
edit on 25-6-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
See. This is what is wrong with ATS. OP puts this up with "Christian" instead of "Catholic" inserted throughout. Once he is informed of his ignorance that the Vatican concerns Catholics and not "Christians" specifically, he comes back and changes it everywhere. If you don't know enough to get it correct in the first place, why start a thread on it? This is also where moderators need to come in and just kill the dang thing. I am starting to think that it is time for ATS JR.

That's how people learn. The OP posted what he believed was true Other members posted information which they believe shows that certain content in the original post is in error. The OP considered thier posts and corrected his submission accordingly.

Does the thread author have only four hours to make chnages and corrections in his opening thread post just like others who post on his thread? Please correct me if I'm mistaken about that.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Actually, you are in the same boat with everyone else, and you don't "know" either. Unless of course, you've been able to peruse it for months, in which case I apologize.

There is enough there, and it is kept under wraps enough, to support the suggestion of a library with secretive material.
edit on 6/25/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

You know, I honestly believe you just made all that up. It's nonsense. YOU CANNOT.

I mean, c'mon, where do you think Warehouse 13 is REALLY located ?
edit on 6/25/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
there was a prophecy made hundreds of years ago about the current pope. well, several, and those are only the ones we know about.

if you knew that during your reign as pope that the vatican was going to be destroyed, wwiii would start soon after, and that you would die a cruel death, would you really release that information?

the vatican hides things because they're scared. the very name of the present pope caused a lot of whispers because of the predictions.

as for the other things kept secret, who knows? i'd love to find out.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If an entire body of followers still donates to an organization guilty of pedophilia on a world-wide scale ... is this really a surprise that they tolerate anything else?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well, I'm not Catholic. However, I do feel our Heavenly Father has many mysteries and secrets that He has yet to reveal to everyone. In His infinite wisdom, He knows that the majority of us are not ready to handle all His secrets. One may be anxious for a son to learn how to drive, but you don't throw him the keys to your car when he's 5 years old! I feel Heavenly Father wants to share all His knowledge with us, but only after we've proven we're able to handle it, and not abuse such knowledge. He has already given us the power to create life, yet look how that power has been abused. Until we can prove ourselves worthy of greater light and knowledge, we unfortunately will be left in the dark about many things IMHO.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Probably because they want it saved for if they ever need to research something. It's not that secret, and governments do the same thing. Many times the government will secure something for future use in other projects. I guess the Catholic church has sealed record for anybody claiming to witness a saint or something. I mean, why are Mormons compiling genetic histories of people? They have a need for knowledge.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'd be most curious if there were some rescued Mayan texts (they were prolific writers, but most books were burned)
And perhaps some remnants of the Library of Alexandria.
Or some science books of the times?
Or Or Roman texts pre-monothesim?

I have no idea...
edit on 25-6-2011 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Why does he look like a leering villian? I'm assuming you think you are an oil painting? The guy looks how he looks, look in the mirror some day, you may find you aren't as perfect as you would like to be before you judge the looks of others. Sheesh, is this what this site has become?

SomethingWicked

You totally missed it, went straight over didnt it?

Like I said it wasnt my wisdom, it was Dawkins wisdom- one of the worlds top evolutiuonary scientists and advocate against religion in general (pretty sure you must know him but just in case you missed that too)

Neither of us are saying anything about the Popes looks- its taking the piss out of the ( ridiculous) frocks he wears, and he's described as a leering villian because he is head of a church that condones pedophilia and he personally has covered up for other priests in the past before he was the Pope.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join