It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Vatican Library...How can Catholics put up with this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thread title is a misnomer, unless somone knows better,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
So say you're a Catholic. We all KNOW theres a secret Vatican library.

Why would you believe in a religion that keeps secrets from you? This is something I just dont understand. A lot of us are on ATS to uncover secrets, we abhor secrets. Secrets create hierarchy, control and power struggles. Doesn't sound like the teachings of Jesus to me.

Any help on how Catholics reconcile their faith in people who withhold VERY IMPORTANT information that may go back to the dawn of civilization would be appreciated.

Not a troll post. Just dont get it.
edit on 24-6-2011 by doctornamtab because: changed Christians to Catholics...my bad

I am not Catholic; but, am a Christian. Many libraries are restricted, not secret. In order to get into certain libraries you have to have a doctorate and a good reason. There are books that are one offs, single editions. This is very common for books that existed prior to the printing press. I was fortunate enough, while working on my doctorate, to be allowed into one of these libraries at UCLA. I was able to hold in my hand a first edition by my favorite writers, the books could not be removed.

The Catholic church collected all kinds of books including heretical books. They did not destroy them all, they kept many because of their historical value. If they had intended to keep them secret, they would have destroyed them. The Catholic church also displays some of the books on occasion in protected glass cases with the pages being turned at intervals; but, they are not left out to be read by anyone as it would destroy them. Many books are kept in very controlled environments to protect them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Why would you believe in a religion that keeps secrets from you? This is something I just dont understand. A lot of us are on ATS to uncover secrets, we abhor secrets. Secrets create hierarchy, control and power struggles. Doesn't sound like the teachings of Jesus to me.

Any help on how Catholics reconcile their faith in people who withhold VERY IMPORTANT information that may go back to the dawn of civilization would be appreciated.

edit on 24-6-2011 by doctornamtab because: changed Christians to Catholics...my bad

Seems like a pretty desperate post to justify yout anti religious views vailed under an organizations so called secret library. I mean there is a dozen good reasons to make them question the Vatican and you choose the library wow

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
it is said that there are many different versions of the stories that make up the bible .
therefore the vatican has cherry picked the ones that suits their agenda ,
you will never see or hear of any the stories that contradict or challenge their version.

it also seems strange that of all the religions , the catholic religion is the wealthiest but some of the catholic countries are the poorest .

One only requires a brave heart to seek.... start Google searches with words ... Lost gospels Mary Thomas Philip Peter Judas translated and Gnostic gospel and Nag Hammadi Library

That truth which is believed to be hidden will stay hidden, if one does not have the desire to seek the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The simple answer I think is... "knowledge is power" Knowledge us peons do not deserve to know.

Deebo

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

A Catholic here representing the big Jeezy (Jesus Christ if you didn't figure).

Yes, I've read Dan Brown.

It's something I've definitely had a long hard thing about...The answer to your thread is, you're right(?)

Also taking into account (no pun intended), that the Rothschild Family are the personal financial accountants of the Vatican, then there is definitely an (even further) growing suspicion on the religion I was raised up to believe in.

But I just look past these things & focus on the positives that Jesus focused on (well I try to, you can laugh at me if you want).

So, you can call me a New-Age Christian Mystic Truther.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
it's an honor to look in the Vatican library. the Sacred books of God are held in there. you have to be invited to go in and look.

but i'm sure wanting God to come to you, instead of you going to God, is not going to get you in the library.

but i'm also sure if you asked God to visit and see the library, no one will stop you.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The American government has more secrets than Vancouver had angry fans after they lost the Stanley Cup.

Does that mean that you should move out of your country to a knew one that doesn't have secrets?

All establishments have secrets that are kept for various reasons- secrets that could undermine the establishment, and secrets that are just simply better left unknown to all.

In the Vatican's case, I highly doubt even the Pope has ever read any of the books in the secret Library. I'm sure there are probably very few people who even have access to it among the upper echelon of Catholic Bureaucracy.

Of course, it may hold the giant super-natural spider that all catholic priests hail as their God

(south-park reference)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

What do you mean byt the church crucified jesus?!?! Which church?!?!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

General blanket statements rarely hold water. No one is born full of knowledge. Being born to a Christian woman who raises you in the Catholic faith does not come with a guarantee of worldly knowledge.

I was well into my late 40's before I had my eyes opened about a lot of things. Amongst them was Vatican City, the momentous wealth stored there, and the Library.

Why would you assume everyone who is a Catholic would know that? Surely there was a time in your life when you too were ignorant to this knowledge. Be reasonable.

I can only speak for myself. When I learned about the Vatican and what they have been doing I was sick to my stomach. Under the premise of building God's wealth here on Earth these men have been receiving the larger chunk of tithe donations from every Church under their lineage around the globe for who knows how long.

I thought about the many times I saw Catholic Churchs having to scramble to come up with money for necessary maintenance, repairs or emergency situations. Of brothers and sisters homeless and hungry. The cruelty and injustices meted out by the oppressive governments of the world. All this and more, while The Vatican sits upon wealth and influence like an insane greedy Scrooge McDuck, content to count his gold coins all day long.

Well, I've never prayed to The Vatican. Nor are they my savior. Religion is a very personal and private thing. It's a personal choice whether or not one goes to Church or donates money.

While I realize hating on religion is very popular on the Internet, I'm glad I was brought up by parents who cared enough to teach me values, morality, charity, kindness and many other things. Part of that education included the Roman Catholic Church. There were a few important lessons I learned along the way.

As far as Catholics putting up with the Vatican doings...its just like Americans who are overworked (those lucky enough to have a job these days), many are underpaid, and they are bent over & taxed hard and heavy pretty much from cradle to grave. They are lied to all their lives, to the point where they don't expect anything anymore from politicians. They are for the most part largely controlled and manipulated, and it seems like most of them are unaware of what is even going on. Yet they are known around the world for having firepower in their closets.

And here we are at the end of another day. The Vatican is corrupt by mankind just as our Government is. But no one is marching down the street to right the wrongs. All those firearms are clean and locked away.

Most people I know that attend Mass do so to give thanks and praise, and to have their weary spirits lifted by an upbeat sermon that fuels them enough to get through another week. They aren't looking to change the world, they're just trying to get along.

Similar to the American taxpayer who gets kicked in their teeth all their life. Most have no choice but to be a wageslave who is just trying to get by, paying their bills, raising their children, and keeping food on the plates and a roof over their heads.

Its going to take a lot of patiently enlightening people to some harsh truths before they will finally stand up for themselves and demand change. In the Roman Catholic Church and elsewhere.

Its seems many people who have never had faith in their lives don't know what its like, nor do they care. Try to think about how very deeply things run in ones personal makeup when that person has been immersed in a piece of culture before they were even conceived.

Just as our government/TPTB has had the big chunk of wealth & power for a very long time, they have also been benefiting from what they have for many generations. Better educations, better housing, better upbringing, world travel, access to those who have been there and know how to play the cruel games. While they consider purchasing a skyscraper for long-term profit taking, we scrimp and save in hopes of maybe one day buying a starter home. While we are raised by secretaries and factory workers with high school educations they attend Ivy league schools and are welcomed into well-connected secret handshake fraternities. On and on it goes.

For people raised in a faith there are similarities. A long line of parent after parent raising children as they were raised, instilling in their children what was beat into them. My mother was raised in the Church and married in the Church. Part of her wedding vows was to swear to also raise her children in the Church. And she took this very seriously. See what I am getting at here? Some influences have long history and they take a mighty toll on people.

Its easy to poke away at a keyboard and think people ignorant or blind. But if you are not looking at the big picture who is playing the fool? People don't change overnight. And while you may be enlightened and all-knowing, your neighbor may be out on his own in his first apartment ever. He may be the product of multiple generations of typical American working slobs who went through public schools and attended Church with their Mothers. A person in that position has had their entire life being controlled by massive manipulators and it is all he knows.

There are years and years of control in such a persons psyche. Religion gets pounded into people, into their very core, and it for many is the base fiber of their being. Many such people chose to live the rest of their life with blinders on, in acceptance, continuing to practice the rituals, beliefs and teachings they were exposed to.
Those who are willing and able to look at the world around them have much to overcome and a lot to learn. Just like the many sleeping Americans who slave their life away chasing the illusion of The American Dream. I think a lot of people need to be completely removed from their woes and circumstance, given ample time to catch their breath, and actually reprogrammed a little like people who have joined cults. It runs that deep, most people IMHO are that controlled.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Whatever is in there would tear society apart. Think Ark of the covenant from indie but on a global scale with zombies.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Read The Secret Archives of The Vatican written by Maria Louisa Ambrosini. It's not as secret as you think. No more than the United States government. You just need a legitimate reason to see them. besides wait 75 years and you will have access to His Holiness John Paul II's papers.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it's an honor to look in the Vatican library. the Sacred books of God are held in there. you have to be invited to go in and look.

but i'm sure wanting God to come to you, instead of you going to God, is not going to get you in the library.

but i'm also sure if you asked God to visit and see the library, no one will stop you.

There's nothing sacred about the ink that man places upon a page. It is naught but his machinations of what is greater than he, that he will one day achieve.
The reality of all that is sacred is written for all to see who have eyes, who have ears, in the pages of stone sediment, fossils , the ice cores, the human genome and all that is beyond our natural senses and the technical abilities of the microscopes and the telescopes. Now there is a book of life and the consciousness of a force (god, if you wish to call it so). Pages within a book within the stone crypt of man will not contain nor subvert these truths.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Anyone can apply for entrance to the "secret" library, it is a long process and there is one catch. You must identify precisely what you are looking for before you enter, there is no "browsing" there.
In other words, the secrets will always be at your fingertips, but you will never touch them.
I'm still waiting for them to release the REAL third secret of Fatima.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Not Jesus like eh?
Luke 8:10
And He said, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables, so that SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND.
Apparently there was always an elitist group within the ranks of Christianity that knew more than the masses. There is a reason why both conspiracy theorists and Jesus refereed to the masses as "sheep".

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

Spoken like a true poet. I couldn't have said it better my friend.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Actually, Vito the Swiss guardsman with the ridiculous purple pantaloons might have a thing or two to say about that. He's there a lot more than the other guy these days.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

easy we dont put up with it,Ive noticed that all Bibles are different in some way,if your born again or protistant,or babtist,or southern babtist and so on and so on , you come to a conclusion that hey there is some bull# happening here and i dont mean the good word i mean the way its presented to the masses,Like politics there is the truth and there is what they tell us,So i now think outside the box, I Beleve Yes there was a guy Mohammed,There was a guy Jesus,there was a Noah ,a Moses

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

and the carry automatic weapons too.

not just them long spears!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

And this Irish Catholic man will not hesitate to take up arms against those that disrespect my faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join