It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Vatican Library...How can Catholics put up with this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien
reply to post by Jordan River

A glorified history book edited by man and calling it the word of God.

I still believe no one has seen the orginal writings of Moses. Genesis was cropped together. You should be grateful for having a bible than not having one at all imo.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
I'm no Catholic, and would very much like to gain access to that library. But, as to why it is kept from the public at large, maybe to avoid all the distortions and misuse of such information by charlatans? Sometimes, perhaps, it is good to keep some things to oneself or solely to those that will appreciate and not demean them.

More likely to hide the lies they have used to control their followers all these years. Do you know anything at all about the history of the Catholic church? they ARE the Charlatans! it has made them rich and powerful perpetuating lies I have known Catholics from many countries, did you know they are taught not to even read the bible themseves but to let their "Father" interpret it for them and not ask questions.

The informatoion they hide would probably both change the world and destroy their religion at the same time.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Original Torah is probably long gone. Most of Genesis is from oral tradition. Moses destroyed the laws and books anyways. Perhaps the new laws and books are our own distortion. Only the Hebrews know! and they are gone forever.

Many people are misinformed, uneducated, and afraid to learn about biblical timelines. You are trying to compare your western knowledge to a middle eastern society (hebrews) which are extinct and have become morally mutated into the Jewish people.
Jewish people are the chosen people of God as we all are!
edit on 24-6-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it a "Secret" library, as pretty much everyone knows about it. It's a secretive Library as not all the sources within the Library are available to scholars and historians.

From the perspective of the Church I can understand them not wanting to admit just anyone to their archives, they want to preserve the material for future generations. Now comes the problematic point, there may well be material that goes against doctrinal faith, and while the Church doesn't want to destroy the material, they are very reluctant to let anyone see the material. Whether things like the Second Gospel of Mark exist within the Vatican Library can only be speculation, and again if such a thing did exist would they let it come to the light of public gaze?

Over the years there have been different versions of the Bible, and there have been Church councils to determine the contents of the Bible, leading to the inclusion of some texts, and the exclusion of others. Have a read of Biblical Canon to get an idea of how the current text came to being. I suspect there are probably a lot of texts within the Library that discuss the meetings and the agreements made that led to the current content of the Bible, and given that many of those discussions where probably more inspired by Politics than the Divine Hand, I expect that is the sort of material the Church chooses to keep hidden.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien
I had heard that the Vatican had a Bible with 6 more books in it as opposed to the Bible that the rest of the world has. Now if this is true, what is in these books and why are they hidden from the followers of the church?

The Gnostic Gospels that are said to be a more accurate portrayal of Jesus that pre-date the gospels in the original Bible that show him to have been married with children? Or do you mean different books?

Good question though OP

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I'm no Catholic, and would very much like to gain access to that library. But, as to why it is kept from the public at large, maybe to avoid all the distortions and misuse of such information by charlatans? Sometimes, perhaps, it is good to keep some things to oneself or solely to those that will appreciate and not demean them.

More likely to hide the lies they have used to control their followers all these years. Do you know anything at all about the history of the Catholic church? they ARE the Charlatans! it has made them rich and powerful perpetuating lies I have known Catholics from many countries, did you know they are taught not to even read the bible themseves but to let their "Father" interpret it for them and not ask questions.

The informatoion they hide would probably both change the world and destroy their religion at the same time.

I dunno about not reading the Bible themselves, my girlfriend's a devout Catholic that is open to other ideas (I'm an agnostic myself that takes ideas from all religions to make one whole ideal) and she reads her Bible for guidance and such almost all the time, no one reads it for her.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I dunno about not reading the Bible themselves, my girlfriend's a devout Catholic that is open to other ideas (I'm an agnostic myself that takes ideas from all religions to make one whole ideal) and she reads her Bible for guidance and such almost all the time, no one reads it for her.

But does her religion tell her she should read it? The friends I have in mexico and Bolivia and a friend who became catholic years ago to marry a catholic all were told they are not in a position to understand God's word it is for their "Father" to tell them what it means and they were definatly discouraged from reading it on their own.
"Call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven" (Matt. 23:9).

edit on 24-6-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Why are there so many christians that seem to be unaware that catholics are christians too?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The info contained within it contradicts much of what we believe about Jesus, the Bible, the world...and would shake it to the foundation and destroy all credibility...and put an end to the Catholic Church (and the $$$)

PS Im a born Catholic. We will never see the contents.Never.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

The King James version is different then the Catholic version... plus it's been revised and modernized by various religions more times than I can count. So the Catholics aren't the only ones who've managed to pick and choose their material.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

If the library is a secret how do you know about it? Not much of a secret if everybody knows this right?
edit on 24-6-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I've been a Catholic all my life and was always taught to read the bible as much as possible.
We were also taught by the church that it isn't to be taken verbatum, but as a learning tool
for our faith. The Vatican library contains many manuscripts dating back to ancient times, so
no doubt there are some only allowed to be viewed by scholars or religious. No big deal.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
the secret library is not so secret, obviously.

that said, if they have original writings, they are very old and only recently do we have the ways to preserve them

which i guess does not mean they are on a shelf for 2000yrs. so you can imagine handling issues and exposure problems to these docs.

they do let some scholars examine them at times, i'm sure.

anything written after 300ad might not be too relevant.

who knows? maybe they have a story or two of jc and the guys getting wasted and messing with lepers and blind people.

btw, i am a non practicing catholic.

eta; donal, we were writing at the same time i guess.
edit on 24-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I hear ya! I wanna know what they know! Problem is, once they let the cat out of the bag I think they'll have a lot of explaining to do. Right now, imo, the Catholic religion is dying or so their commercials tell me

Catholic Church - Commercial (TV Spot)

But I think their secrets will be unveiled to the world soon enough

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

If the library is a secret how do you know about it? Not much of a secret if everybody knows this right?
edit on 24-6-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

The library isn't a secret... it's contents are. From what I recently learned (rumor only) they've got artifacts and documents that go back 12,000 years. I also learned from a reliable military source concerning 'disclosure' that our planet has previously been involved in two other nuclear wars... LONG before 1947.
edit on 24-6-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Im nto a christian.. and BTW, catholics ARE Christians.. but the Gospel of Thomas was a pretty good read. It wasnt included in the bible either. If it were, there wouldnt be any Catholic Church.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
So say you're a Catholic. We all KNOW theres a secret Vatican library.

Why would you believe in a religion that keeps secrets from you? This is something I just dont understand. A lot of us are on ATS to uncover secrets, we abhor secrets. Secrets create hierarchy, control and power struggles. Doesn't sound like the teachings of Jesus to me.

Any help on how Catholics reconcile their faith in people who withhold VERY IMPORTANT information that may go back to the dawn of civilization would be appreciated.

Not a troll post. Just dont get it.
edit on 24-6-2011 by doctornamtab because: changed Christians to Catholics...my bad

Above and beyond that how do Catholics justify their leader covering up sex abuse>?

By adhering to that religion, they are condoning the abuse.

I am also perplexed by women that are Catholic and worship the misogynist leader- they have no say at all in their church besides- tea and biscuits anyone?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
SOUTH PARK .one episode had an answer to that ST. PETER WAS A RABBIT !!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
theres nothing i'd like more for that library to contain information that would destroy the catholic church and make everyone question their faith. christianity is stupid from a logical standpoint

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
See. This is what is wrong with ATS. OP puts this up with "Christian" instead of "Catholic" inserted throughout. Once he is informed of his ignorance that the Vatican concerns Catholics and not "Christians" specifically, he comes back and changes it everywhere. If you don't know enough to get it correct in the first place, why start a thread on it? This is also where moderators need to come in and just kill the dang thing. I am starting to think that it is time for ATS JR.

Bit Harsh if you don't mind me saying! The OP doesn't claim to be an expert - he is simply asking for help and some clarification.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join