It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Vatican Library...How can Catholics put up with this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So say you're a Catholic. We all KNOW theres a secret Vatican library.

Why would you believe in a religion that keeps secrets from you? This is something I just dont understand. A lot of us are on ATS to uncover secrets, we abhor secrets. Secrets create hierarchy, control and power struggles. Doesn't sound like the teachings of Jesus to me.

Any help on how Catholics reconcile their faith in people who withhold VERY IMPORTANT information that may go back to the dawn of civilization would be appreciated.

Not a troll post. Just dont get it.
edit on 24-6-2011 by doctornamtab because: changed Christians to Catholics...my bad

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I had heard that the Vatican had a Bible with 6 more books in it as opposed to the Bible that the rest of the world has. Now if this is true, what is in these books and why are they hidden from the followers of the church?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The vatican means nothing to me as a Christian... ask Catholics.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Very good question.

I always thought the church crucified Jesus. And with that withholding Jesus teachings to mankind.
(If its true these things, I don't know. I am not religious)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You should ask the catholics

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm no Catholic, and would very much like to gain access to that library. But, as to why it is kept from the public at large, maybe to avoid all the distortions and misuse of such information by charlatans? Sometimes, perhaps, it is good to keep some things to oneself or solely to those that will appreciate and not demean them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I know! It's outrageous. I've always said if I had one wish (within the realms of reality) it would be to have some time in that library, equipped with all kinds of interpretors.

But it's the Vatican. We have no say in the matter, but ah, yes, the secrets they keep.........

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am catholic, and I do not really care.

Did you just learned about this Library? Because you ask a question that have been around for 1,000+ years. It is what it is. Most of the information is unorganized.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think the OP needs to re-title the thread to:

Secret Vatican Library...How can Catholics put up with this?

unless the OP is claiming that the library contents will have
consequences on all religions.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

No I've just posted the question here today. I've known about it for a while.

But why wouldnt you care? Can you elaborate why its unimportant that your faith hides important information from you?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You're right. My bad. I changed it for ya. Who wants to be grouped with those guilt ridden Pope lovers anyway?

Jussssttt kidding Catholics!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
it is said that there are many different versions of the stories that make up the bible .
therefore the vatican has cherry picked the ones that suits their agenda ,
you will never see or hear of any the stories that contradict or challenge their version.

it also seems strange that of all the religions , the catholic religion is the wealthiest but some of the catholic countries are the poorest .

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

No, we don't all KNOW any such thing. There is a Vatican Library, to be sure. Not everyone can use it. You cannot check the books out. They aren't on open shelves so you can't browse through the contents. There very likely are vaults for the most valuable items. They use humidity and temperature controls to prevent undue deterioration. Are you saying there is a library within a library? A separate secret library? What could possibly be more damaging than what millions of people already claim about the Vatican?

"We all KNOW" is not an acceptable reference here. Present your sources for examination, please. As they say on other boards, "Pics or it didn't happen."

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Why would you believe in a religion that keeps secrets from you? This is something I just dont understand.

Why? Why is easy to answer when one is raised in it. It's like the kids that are abused and don't know that it isn't normal. They think it is normal.

It's all child abuse.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

No I've just posted the question here today. I've known about it for a while.

But why wouldnt you care? Can you elaborate why its unimportant that your faith hides important information from you?

I use much of the catholic beliefs to build my own spirituality, number one. So the trinity, jesus died rose is the heart of my belief

Number two, obviously the authoritative word of the Bible and the new testament cannot and will not change!
Catholic observers are not concerned with scholarly academics and missing books of the new testament, majority of catholics are concerned with inner salvation and have no idea that majority of their morality is being pressured cooked by preachers using a form of sin called guilt.

Number three: Nicene Creed sums it up:

We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, the maker of heaven and earth, of things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the begotten of God the Father, the Only-begotten, that is of the essence of the Father. God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten and not made; of the very same nature of the Father, by Whom all things came into being, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible. Who for us humanity and for our salvation came down from heaven, was incarnate, was made human, was born perfectly of the holy virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit. By whom He took body, soul, and mind, and everything that is in man, truly and not in semblance. He suffered, was crucified, was buried, rose again on the third day, ascended into heaven with the same body, [and] sat at the right hand of the Father. He is to come with the same body and with the glory of the Father, to judge the living and the dead; of His kingdom there is no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, in the uncreated and the perfect; Who spoke through the Law, prophets, and Gospels; Who came down upon the Jordan, preached through the apostles, and lived in the saints. We believe also in only One, Universal, Apostolic, and [Holy] Church; in one baptism in repentance, for the remission, and forgiveness of sins; and in the resurrection of the dead, in the everlasting judgement of souls and bodies, and the Kingdom of Heaven and in the everlasting life.[27] WIKI SOURCE

Number four: If you ask the tough questions the phrase "have faith" is uttered to you.

Number 5: Preachers, nuns, priest, bishops all believe that they live a higher ethical morality than us (the payers to the church). So they believe we are lower than them. Meaning, if we question things "we are just seen as ethically insufficient to know the truth.

Number 6: No one has or ever can fight against the catholic church. They are the worlds most powerful organization. I can drive 5 miles in my city and pass 3 catholic churches. The Luthrens have learned the hard way. No matter what Christian religon you believe in, they are all connected through many beliefs that Catholics do. Christians cannot escape the Catholic enigma. Catholics believe that they created the Christian and are the christian.

Number 7: While Martin Luther did argue with the catholic church with his Thesis, catholics responded by the extension of there bible, (the apocrypha) an additional books including maccabees, , esdra, baruch, tobit, judith additional Daniel.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

Number 7: Many of the books from the library have been released to the public. Go to vaticans website and see for yourself, although in another language, it is there.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If the Bible is the word of God, is it only sections of the Bible or the whole Bible? If it is the whole Bible then why are there books left out and who gave permission for them to be left out or did someone on earth deem themselves above God himself to EDIT the Bible?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The library contents would have
consequences on all religions.
including Pagans.
and the history books.
they would burn it all
before any one out side gets to read it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
See. This is what is wrong with ATS. OP puts this up with "Christian" instead of "Catholic" inserted throughout. Once he is informed of his ignorance that the Vatican concerns Catholics and not "Christians" specifically, he comes back and changes it everywhere. If you don't know enough to get it correct in the first place, why start a thread on it? This is also where moderators need to come in and just kill the dang thing. I am starting to think that it is time for ATS JR.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien
If the Bible is the word of God, is it only sections of the Bible or the whole Bible? If it is the whole Bible then why are there books left out and who gave permission for them to be left out or did someone on earth deem themselves above God himself to EDIT the Bible?

Here is the time line of the bible.

Before 990 B.C. ???????????????

990 B.c. First parts of Genesis was created

approx 200 B.C. Septuagint greek edition came out (Jewish move)

300 a.d. Nicene council accepted what was going to be in new testament. This is still debateable. look here for more en.wikipedia.org...

In the end it is faith, what many people on ats do not understand

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

A glorified history book edited by man and calling it the word of God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join