It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Black Hole" (ATS I wrote you a protest song)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm jamming with some acoustic material. Just waiting on a Taylor Big Baby Guitar that I am after with some birthday money in a few days. That is the very best I can afford. Figure I can't go wrong with California made Taylor.

Also, there is a wicked microphone I need to get a good acoustic guitar sound for recording. After that gonna start recording a set of self composed deep songs.

This is the kind of stuff I am composing right now. I been spending a lot of time on ATS of late and I sort of wrote this in response.

Hope you like it:

"Black Hole.

Rumours rumbling, careers crumbling
Truth cries from the towers
Nine and eleven were the hours
False flags are flying high
Like illusions to the eye
More bloodied blues upon the frets of time
Playing out another reasonless rhyme.

Sirens wailing, all nature is warning
I challenge all your chains
But these dark days never change
Writing all over your walls
Words you never read at all
There’s a desert and no dreams left in your eyes
Riots are on fire in the streets outside.

Illusions clearing, veils are tearing
Who will play that role?
To gain the world and lose their soul
The Testaments will stand
With or without helping hands
For falling despots aint no second chance
Hot coals in tortured waltz
Those demons dance.

I aint buying, the lies you been spreading
I’ll suffer all you stole
From millions of sleeping souls
The aim has never changed
No rule of law just fear and pain
A coward’s plan no honour in your soul
Like dying giant stars become black holes."

by MC.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Excellent! Is there any way you can put it with music and make a video to post here? I would love to hear it!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

"Black Hole" by MC is a 'protest song' which without a harmony and music is not so much a song as a poem. Over four verses, the penultimate one containing a break from the 7-line, non-traditional structure, the songwriter has employed -- the audience is taken through a mixed spectrum of positives and negatives of what ATS can be on any given day. The logic of the subject matter present in the title could be improved to tell a more accurate story from the literature available and the commonly-held views. The narrative also could be improved by really tweaking or injecting the theme of the title more throughout the verses, and therefore not just leaving it dangling at the conclusion. But overall, one might clearly identify what the writer is trying to explore and identify as important in the song for those ATS members who would require a 'protest song' for threads, posts, or cases where suitability dictates.

In conclusion; for those members of ATS who are searching for a 'protest song' should welcome this passionate effort by a promising songwriter. With the addition of vocals and harmony there is no reason - from what I can see - that this song shouldn't strike a suitable chord with those interested in this kind of potential music.

Cheers,
YHWH2
edit on 24-6-2011 by YHWH2 because: Paragraph split for the purpose of easier reading.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
That's a real good song mate, take it from someone who knows what they're talking about

I would have missed this thread but, I saw your last post, and I mean" Your Last Post". I thought you was just ranting at first, but I realized you were serious. Just want to say, don't give up and ATS is a good site. You probably get pissed off cos nobody seems to notice you, whereas a lot of "crappy" threads get undeserved attention.

Whatever you do, don't give up writing songs, poetry and music - good luck!

top topics

join