It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Dies After Waking Up at Her Own Funeral

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hmmm used to happen ALOT.
But then we came up with the embalming process. If you weren't dead before - you were after the funeral directors had finished with you.

Actually I really love all this stuff. I have a copy of a patented 1845 *lifesaver* coffin design hung on the wall over my other real coffin. It's a conversation starter over tea and crumpets I tell thee...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It's a Fox News story and while I usually see their spin and can tell News from Opinion this one appears to be a News Story from Fox not an Opinion piece. Lot's of questions I agree but I do not think we can question the validity of what Fox has reported as being reported to them.

The story has a lot missing though. Original death reason, funeral and no embalming and etc. but I think it happened to someone poor in a Nation not currently up on medical care and burial for the poor. The standards of the government for such things must not be enforced well either.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Star and flag for ya.
I dont really know should I cry or laugh for this matter.
I guess both at the same time.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

This wouldn't be the first time a major news outlet fell for an obvious urban legend.

I remember a few years ago one of my local stations reported on the biscuit bullet story like it was the real thing. They even sent a reporter to the parking lot where it supposedly happened to try to find wittnesses. Of course they only talked to people who claimed a friend of a friend saw it.

I had just recently read a book about urban legends, recognised the story as soon as they aired it and laughed my but off.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm thinking about being stuffed personally. Think it would be hysterical.
"WTF IS THAT?"
"Oh that's great grandma- Say hello grandma!"

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Point taken, and Fox News don't have anyone on the ground I am sure reporting this so it could possibly be a legend, but it is just weird enough to be true also... I think Suspiria is a bit like Abby on NCIS, COOL!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

So wait a minute....The funeral director, nor any of the medical examiners wouldn't have noticed she wasn't dead? I mean, most bodies delivery to the funeral home arrive via a hospital transport. So, some where there should have been a medical examiner that checked her vital signs. Plus, part of the funeral process is to embalm the body. If that was done, she wouldn't have been alive to wake up as people were grieving.

I have to call BS on this story......

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

Why is everyone assuming that this town in Russia has the same laws or customs we do with medicine and embalming and what not. I cannot say 100% that the story is true but it is believable if you have ever seen a poor or third world Nation before. If it is fake it was thought to be real or they wouldn't have wasted their time with it as it serves no purpose for their agenda.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
most bodies delivery to the funeral home arrive via a hospital transport.
Are you sure about that?

That may be true with some, but not most. The funeral Director that I know, gets calls any time of the day, and any day of the year, to go to an airport or a hospital, and pick up a body. I'm sure he would not mind if if it was delivery, but its not.

Pick up only. No delivery.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
She originally "died" from a heart attack.

A woman died from a heart attack caused by shock after waking up to discover she had been declared dead - and was being prepared for burial.
As mourning relatives filed past her open coffin the supposedly dead woman suddenly woke up and started screaming as she realised where she was.
Fagilyu Mukhametzyanov, 49, had been wrongly declared deceased by doctors but died for real after hearing mourners saying prayers for her soul to be taken up to heaven in Kazan, Russia.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Devastated husband Fagili Mukhametzyanov, 51, had been told his wife had died of a heart attack after she'd collapsed at home suffering from chest pains.

edit on 6/24/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: to add second quote

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

So the story appears real and it was a heart attack. Now why wasn't she embalmed and why didn't anyone notice she was alive?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join