It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese pop sensation not a real person.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Nothing new? I beg to differ.

There's a distinct difference between Aimi Eguchi & cartoon CGI depictions of rockers.

She was made to look real..Even defended by people when suspicions arose. We all know Gorillaz band aren't real.

Funny how it seems as though they only announce this piece of vital information, when people became aware something was up:

Ordinarily, only the most popular girls get to do commercials, and Eguchi was still a "research student"--bottom of the ladder. That's when fans started to suggest something extraordinary: What if Eguchi didn't exist at all?

Well, it turns out the skeptics were right. Eguchi wasn't conceived in the womb, but rather, inside a computer. Ezaki Glico, the candy company that first aired the commercial, revealed that Eguchi is a digital composite combining the physical characteristics of six other members' faces.

Then again, this could all be done by the candy company on purpose, as to attract more media attention. Even if so, pretty weird way of doing it.
edit on 24-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Did you even go to the link? The girl looks like a REAL person.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It will never cease to amaze me what they can do with computers now. That girl looked very real, however there was still something a little 'off' about her that, even though I could see it, if I had watched that without knowing up front, I wouldn't have realized it was CGI. Would've thought they put too much shine on her face or something, but would've thought she was real
. Still that's definetly creepy.

That said, that anime hologram was neat! I think I would seriously consider going to that concert just for the novelty.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber.

Those two CAN'T be real.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

*GASP*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA

*GASP* *CHOKE* *WHEEZE*

GWAFWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

/me wipes a tear from his eye....

Oh, God... thanks... I needed that.

*Chuckles*

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
New generation Anime? I really hate those cartoons!. She does look real the only thing that gives it away is the movement of her mouth.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I know I'm late to the party here but I found a video depicting how they made this new star out of thin air. I would suggest turning the volume down unless of course you like J - pop

I gotta tell ya ... I nearly freaked when I saw this. Wowza ...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Yes, I watched the video and yes, she looked and acted just as real as the 6 other real people that she was made from. She even blinked for Christ sake.

Do underlines help?

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Yes, I watched the video and yes, she looked and acted just as real as the 6 other real people that she was made from. She even blinked for Christ sake.

Yes there are two videos. One with an anime hologram that does not look at all real, and another one that for some reason many of you are claiming was "created out of thin air" which is just a composite video. So we are getting excited about green screen composting in this thread? I was hoping it was the hologram. So a 100 year old film technique is used in Japan to fool some people and it is amazing is it?

I have a card trick to show you.

"She" even blinks because the girl with the real eye blinks.

Damn this thread was funny.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Great I have enough trouble telling Asians apart as it is now I have to decipher which are cartoons too.

Sarcastic joke people not meant to offend anyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
after 3 pages I'm just glad most people ignored my milli vanilli joke

regardless of what anyone says... the hologram fashion show and the hologram of Prince Charles are enough evidence that this kind of technology can and will most likely be used to serve someones evil and/or monetary purpose

I personally entered into the uncanny valley when I bought my kids an xbox 360, and actually asked my kid at one point if he was watching a movie or playing a game (dont ask me which game, I don't remember now), and I remember thinking at the time - this will make thespians obsolete, at the very least.

nice to see some people catching up

I've been saying for a while - this causes 2 issues with aliens/bluebeam/whatever/adjust to fit your favorite conspiracy...

1. if a real alien ship lands in the middle of times square - too many people won't believe its real because of what we can do today with cgi and holograms (even if you slam their head into it, I can hear them saying "great trick")

2. if a fake alien ship lands in the middle of times square - too many people will believe its real, no matter how many examples of cgi and holograms we show them (they'll just keep you too far away from it to slam someones head in it to test the theory)

Adjustment issue to above scenarios - real ship (bang your head all you want) - but are the aliens stepping out of it fake or real??

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I don't see what's so 'Consipiracy' about this.... The only reason people THOUGHT she was real was because of the fact that the vocaloid singing sounds like a real person and not like a computer.... it's not just Hatsune Miku though, there are a couple others, and honestly a song I listen to frequently is done by a vocaloid...:

Sorry if that video doesn't work, it's my first time trying to post a youtube video....

Also, seriously, some of you people need to chill out on the thinking thing.... not everything is a conspiracy

edit on 29-6-2011 by gabbermatt because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2011 by gabbermatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

this is just regeneration of an old idea..

It not the idea, old as it is, that is remarkable. But the implametation of this technology used to flesh out the 'idea', is.

The idea of using this tech for nefarious purposes does cross one's mind....

Imagine assinating someone, then have a tape of whatever you want them to say, before they commit suicide.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have watched the movie Simone and found it fasinating.

People are so easy to manipulate.

I highly suggest watching this movie.

I've met a couple "stars" and believe me, they are people just like you and I.

Could never see how so many people get worked up into a frenzy, jumping up and down, going bonkers over just another human being

If you've ever seen any of them at 3AM with their make up off, they're hair rumpled, teeth not brushed, honest, they are simply people just like you and I.

The movie Simone, shows how you can take a person, even a pretend computer program person and build up PR about them enough that the public enmasse can be manipulated (there I keep using that word again because that is what is happening) a grand manipulation.

Dumbing down of the population
Distracting us from our main soul purpose
Dividing us in order to control us

Anyway, the movie, Simone is a fasinating movie to me because, it shows how easy people can be made to follow, just like sheep.

And yes, I've met a few "stars" and honestly they go potty and put their jeans on one leg at a time just like you and I.

How close to we are to actually having a "Simone"............pretty close.

Simone, a psychologically intriguing movie.

Now, I don't watch many movies............I admit that secretly I have watched Simone now about four times (very unusual for me)...........because I could and have seen this happen.

As stated, yes I know a couple "stars" very big names and yes honest to god, when you talk to them - get to know them, they are people, plain, ordinary people that have been chosen to be built up to fulfill the public's fantasies........built, created, with make up, hair extensions, body sculpting and the right media "exposure".

Simone fasinated me because I could see this happening, imagaine and I'm sure producers and directors have, a "star" that doesn't require a paycheck, rehab, no worries about ego, drugs, not remembering lines, coming in late, moves and does exactly as commanded.

Read Michael Talbot's "Holographic Universe".

Very interesting concept that is up and coming and possibly already here.
edit on 2-7-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks for the heads up about that movie. I can't believe I've never seen it before.
But at least they have it on streaming, so this should give me something to do in the late hours of the night tonight. It looks like a very topical film now.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
This technology has been available for a while, imagine the potential for it politically!

I've actually suspected (in paranoia) for quite a while that our world leaders are actually blue beamed cgi sock puppets.

Its easier on the brain to dismiss the possibility.

Sri Oracle

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join