It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO Sudbury Suffolk England or RC plane/helicopter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is a strange one, it has all the hall marks of an RC plane/helicopter with L.E.D.s, and yet it seems too stationary at a decent distance and height from the camera to be an RC helicopter.

The main footage is at the begining of the vid, sadly towards the end he has problems getting the object in view.

edit on 24/6/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/6/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I really tried to watch the video but I have to say, the guy was making me really dizzy.
He said he was holding the camera still. I don't know.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
could be those toy ufo's you can find at the mall or a RC helicopter.It looks like a toy.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well, he said he was holding the camera "still", yet it all over the place (the object), so its not stationary, or hovering motionlessly, my guess would be - its a prank, by somebody. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I believe he was holding it as steady as possible..if you own a video camera with a long zoom you know that the closer you get to the image that is at a considerable distance the more difficult it is to stop the picture from jumping. Unless you have a tripod out you will never get a smooth shot while zooming in at this distance...not the guys fault and I don't think it's a prank at all..simply no tripod available for that smooth video that everyone hopes for..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ok, I just watched it again, is it just me, or anybody else can hear this distinct RC helicopter blades (hiting the air) sound on the background ?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Interesting video .It could be a quadcopter, ive personaly seen them seen them stationary for 15-20 mins in very high winds when i filmed one being used by the police at the stonehenge festival 2 years ago. The police use them quite a bit in the citys these days. As the OP's video is only 5mins long and the guy who posted it at youtube said it had been in the air for about 15 mins we can only be sure that whatever he is filming stayed reletivly still for that length of time so this could easily be a quadcopter.

Specifications:
-Rotor blades: Four 37cm (15ins) carbon fibre blades mounted on ends of lightweight arms
-Antenna: Picks up signal from remote control handset and transmits images to controller
-Camera: Operates at up to 500m (1,640ft), with option for infra red images
-Central drum: Houses GPS system, which can be used to fly drone, a rechargable battery and other key electronics
-Remote control: Used to fly the drone and operate the camera
-Video glasses: Allow ‘pilot’ to see what is being filmed and to operate the drone when out of direct sight
-Weight: Under 900g (2lbs)
-Size: 70cm (28ins) across
-Flying time: Over 20 minutes
-Noise: Less than 65 decibels at 3m
-Take off: Vertical

Police use new quadcopter

edit on 24-6-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It is very unlikely that is it an R/C plane, given the fact that it is relatively stationary for about 20 minutes, if we accept what the videographer says. As for being an R/C heli, it is also unlikely as if it was a chemically fueled model it would be quite loud and audible at that hour at night, and also very doubtful that an electrically powered model would remain stationary in the air for 20 or so minutes. It is certainly unusual and apparently silent, as are many reported UFO's.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
The police use them quite a bit in the citys these days.

That might explain the distinct "police lights" red and blue in the first video. As the warning for the planes and also as a law enforcement lights.

top topics

join