It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone points to bin Laden's Pakistan link

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

very informative post! I never really thought of that aspect, but why not pursue the avenue right?

In all honesty, how often do we hear of anonymous sources like this?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

For me English is a foreign language and the construction of my post may have been a bit clumsy. I don't know what happened in Abbotabad. Perhaps the real OBL was killed on May 2, 2011. With my Emmanuel Goldstein comparison I didn't intend to place OBL into the realm of fantasy. But the media has made of him a mastervillain. A figure of mythical proportions, living in a mountain fortress, worthy of a James Bond nemesis.

Together with his nefarious terror-network he is used again and again to justify military operations abroad and to justify the elimination of civil liberties at home. His messages appear before elections. Whenever it is time to invade or destabilize a foreign country links to al-Qaeda are found. OBL is used in the United States, like Goldstein was used in 1984.

If he was still alive in 2011, his protection might have come from the Pakistani military or the ISI. But perhaps the ISI didn't need to hide OBL from US capture. Perhaps they weren't really interested in catching him. Over the last years the US has worked closely together with both the ISI and the Pakistani military, so hiding OBL in this blatant manner would have been quite reckless. Also past efforts to catch Bin Laden have been dubious a best.

The story of his death has been changed multiple times (even the official version after May 2).

He hid behind his wife – no he didn't
He was armed – no he was unarmed
The whole operation was watched via video feed – no the video blacked out during to operation
A photo of the war room shows the dramatic of the moment – no, the photo was staged

The Seals had time to secure evidence and destroy the crashed helicopter. But the Seals had no interest to arrest anyone who was in company of the terrorist number 1 for later interrogation. Contrast this with the treatment of his poor chauffeur Salim Hamdan.

All this in itself is fishy. The smell adds to the part were he was buried at sea.

Sorry, but I can't really believe in this new incriminating evidence in the form of a cellphone. If you read the comments after the NYT article, you will see that many of the commenters never doubted the truth of this information. Many reacted very emotional. Some even called for military action. Action which ranged from Predator Drones to nukes. People want to nuke a country, because they trust flimsy evidence leaked to the press by anonymous senior government officials. I am sad, that the last lies which lead to war are already forgotten.

I apologize for having you wrongly lumped together with the NYT-readers.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Another possibility is that this piece of news is just intel-leaked propaganda. But to accuse me of "swallowing something hook, line and sinker" is overstated. As long as we dont have all the information there is no way of knowing what is happening.

Well I disagree simply because I believe you are smarter than that..
If your thread related to say a Terrorist Threat, ET invasion, ELE or any other topic, would you accept this kind of reporting with NO named sources or details of the phone calls etc ??

new topics

<< 1   >>

join