It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

om madi padi hum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Came across this mantra on youtube an thought it was very relaxing. With a cool picture too! Give it a try!

OM MANI PADME HUM
OM, composed of three sound A, U, and M, stands for the practitioner's impure body, speech, and mind; they also symbolize the pure exalted body, speech, and mind of an enlightened person, a Buddha
MANI ( jewel) symbolizes the altruistic intention to become enlightened
PADME (lotus) a symbol of wisdom
HUM indicates indivisibility.

"Thus the six syllables, OM MANI PADME HUM, mean that by the practice of a path which is an indivisible union of method and wisdom, you can transform your impure
body, speech, and mind into the pure exalted body, speech, and mind of a Buddha."
HH the Dalai Lama

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

What do you guys think?

edit on 24-6-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
What a load of crap. Buddhism is no different to any other religion - only out to make money from the gullible.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

Buddhism is a way of life - completely non materialistic and it's followers are very spiritual people - beautiful - thank you for sharing.

You will find plenty people on here - those who never look up or around them and most of all never ever look inside themselves let alone inside anyone else will ridicule you - as they do anything they don't understand.

But it doesn't matter - does it!

Enjoy the journey - stay centered.
edit on 24-6-2011 by quedup because: Further information

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thwax
What a load of crap. Buddhism is no different to any other religion - only out to make money from the gullible.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Deny Ignorance.

I do deny ignorance, by denying religion and any of its followers.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I have a beautiful tune to the recite of those words for relaxation, and its so beautiful and peaceful that it does sooth the mind and the soul.

When I am very stress or having panic attacks it does help play the tune over and over again in the back ground.

I have to say that it works at least for me.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

I am not a religious follower neither a Christian believer but I respect others peoples choices of worship, still this has more to do with the mind and spirit than religion.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Geez..... hey buddy do you actually think you are changing someones mind or helping them out by spouting your uneducated opinions? Do you?
What credit do you give your statement? Or are you here just for a laugh and to get people riled up?
Well mister "whatever your name is" you are an epic fail all by yourself.

I guess its difficult for you to "deny ignorance" because you wouldnt be able to say anything at all.

Oh and by the way nice thread and cool video OP.

~much love~ (even for you Thwax)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I disagree my friend.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

You have a lot to realized, having experienced with Buddhist monks. When offering money to them because of gratitude they usually always give money back to me. Buddhism is hardly a religion which you deem so much to hate, there are only three main branches of Buddhism that do not conflict against each other. Get your thoughts straight before you defy any religion.

Personally I don't see Buddhism as a religion, it is just a very large philosophical, metaphysical, occult group.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Deny Ignorance.

I do deny ignorance, by denying religion and any of its followers.

But you don't deny your own ignorance - try it - you may just learn something about yourself.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I try not to miss your threads RP..always worth the read

myself
I use a brain wave synchronizer
it keeps me from typing in capitols for a day or two at a time
LOL
though it doesn't seem to help my spaellig
ahh medicati..ooops I meant meditation
now if I could just find a de-editizer..

edit on 27-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

I had a buddist GF for a time or should I say she had me...
any how she used to catch the prayer at certain times when a lot of people were doing it around the world...
like catching a train sort of...all those people amplifying each other.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join