It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Astounding World of the Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Just happened to come across this short film, which mashes up audio from an old "The World of Tomorrow" film to a more current video depicting a modern average American couple.

It's sad when we hardly meet the expectations of what mid-20th century futurists thought the year 2000 would be like, it's almost like the more advance we become the dumber we get...

oh and this is probably the wrong thread, but I didn't know where else to put it.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Is this for real? Is it meant to be funny?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

It's a short film that won the New York Comedy festival, it's just for a laugh and to show that we aren't as advance as we like to think we are.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Hi mom or is that sis?
this little video made my day thank you

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
S&F OP

This is what made me think the next steps.

Utopianism The Golden Age by Lucas Cranach the Elder. In many cultures, societies, religions, and cosmogonies, there is some myth or memory of a distant past when humankind lived in a primitive and simple state, but at the same time one of perfect happiness and fulfillment. In those days, the various myths tell us, there was an instinctive harmony between man and nature. Men's needs were few and their desires limited. Both were easily satisfied by the abundance provided by nature. Accordingly, there were no motives whatsoever for war or oppression. Nor was there any need for hard and painful work. Humans were simple and pious, and felt themselves close to the gods. According to one anthropological theory, hunter-gathers were the original affluent society. These mythical or religious archetypes are inscribed in all the cultures and resurge with special vitality when people are in difficult and critical times. However, the projection of the myth does not take place towards the remote past, but either towards the future or towards distant and fictional places, imagining that at some time of the future, at some point of the space or beyond the death must exist the possibility of living happily.

en.wikipedia.org...

PEACE & FAITH
Stay Safe

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Brilliant!

Too true though.

Call me pessimistic but I agree with Mr Orwell on the future when he said this...

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever."

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thislifetimeismine

Woah that's some good info, thanks for the read.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

It's true enough, we humans simply doom ourselves with all our insignificant problems and separation...

top topics

join