It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporters have become silent!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lono1
reply to post by beezzer

That being said, it seems the "fix" may just be in returning to a simpler life and being self sufficient out in the country somewhere, because, the Gub'ment ain't making anything better.

Government never does. The only thing government does do, is create a need for more government.
Best wishes.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

i cant stop laughing at the comment that the military is an entitlement that was hilarious it really was.

obama supporters are silent right now wit the exception when you start talkng bout those supporters.

the left is upset with obama because hes not left enough.

meh. altho this thread was good read and laugh.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I'll take the Hopey-dopey centrist over Grandpa Simpson and Caribou Barbie any day. Even if I wish he'd learn how to be a goddamned liberal someday.

Thank you for pointing out Obama is a Centrist and not a Liberal. He's always been a Centrist.

I think there are a lot of wishful thinking Liberals that didn't do their homework and are now disappointed.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

altho this thread was good read and laugh.

Yeah, and my favorite line:

his less than lusterfull tactics

LOL.......

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'll take the Hopey-dopey centrist over Grandpa Simpson and Caribou Barbie any day. Even if I wish he'd learn how to be a goddamned liberal someday.

Thank you for pointing out Obama is a Centrist and not a Liberal. He's always been a Centrist.

I think there are a lot of wishful thinking Liberals that didn't do their homework and are now disappointed.

I'd call Obama a progressive.

Ron Paul is a centrist.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachyeon
Me I make money and love the Repubs. They protect me and change the laws to make sure i stay rich. Bush was the best president we ever had, he helped me make tons of cash. You people out there making less than 100k we don't like you. Your poor and basically get in our way. I don't like Obama because he tries to help you poor losers. There are only 2 types of people in the USA Rich and Poor any President who helps the middle class is useless. middle class people are only good for cleaning my pool. You don't need medical benefits, you don't deserve college, and any money you have in the bank belongs to me anyway.

Hey - at least you are 100% honest. And what you say is absolutely true.

I would have hoped Humans would have evolved beyond this in our time of existence - - but we haven't.

Its a cold hard fact - Capitalism is "Survival of the Fittest".

I can live my life and think how I want to be - - what kind of person I want to be in this world - - - but I certainly do not live in denial.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Annee

I'd call Obama a progressive.

Ron Paul is a centrist.

Depends on which political show/commentators you listen to.

I try to find middle ground. The say Obama is Centrist.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

i cant stop laughing at the comment that the military is an entitlement that was hilarious it really was.

obama supporters are silent right now wit the exception when you start talkng bout those supporters.

the left is upset with obama because hes not left enough.

meh. altho this thread was good read and laugh.

Don't know much about the military do you? Depending on the job it is like an entitlement get the job of repairing a/c in a rapid deployment unit you might get something to do every two or three months. This is during peacetime of course.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

This post is so utterly full of garbage that I can't possibly figure out where to start.

We're in the situation we're in now primarily due to the rampant deregulation and constant cuts demanded by people like you, insipid twits who honestly think that the deficit can be done away with by cutting taxes, who think jobs will be created by letting business move overseas, and who earnestly believe that gigantic tax breaks for the 0.5% will see massive increases in prosperity for the bottom 60%.

The people you're pissing on and calling it trickle-down almost universally have more personal responsibility to their name than you've ever glimpsed.

Awww, you sound cranky, Scooter. Missed your free government cheese with all that whine?
People like yourself hate words like ethics, honesty, integrity, personal responsibility.

If you were forced to go at life without the government holding your hand, the laundry bill just from your shorts would be huge. Get over yourself. Having the government hold your hand from cradle to grave is something YOU may want, but for the rest of us, we kinda like our freedoms.

FUNNY Beezer... You write the Whine Line yourself?
Classic...

I can assure you my liberal Father who has been collecting Social Security for 20 years now even though He only paid in about 10grand TOTAL, voted for Obama, and has taken out about 20 grand a year for the last 20 years.
Why did he vote for Obama? Obama is a Democrat and Republicans are for the RICH. Therefore, He MUST vote for Obama..
I said "but DAD, I've already paid in my full amount to S.S., and there won't be any money in the account for me to retire on, So I have reluctently accepted that I will be forced to work until I die without getting any of the funds I paid into Social Security. Why should YOU get it..and I get none?"

My Dad said.." because I don't care after I'm dead...right now..no ones touching my retirement account. Put a republican in..and I'll get my compensation reduced."

I said "but DAD, you already received more then you paid IN. Why can't I at least get SOME of the money I paid in?"

My dad said " Ain't it great? It's your problem. Democrats take care of our own.."

"Dad, I'm not a Republican,Tea Partier ,Libertarian or Democrat, we're going broke as a Nation and can't afford any more negative cash flow."

My Dad actually SAID THIS " If You would do what Obama wants as POTUS, he would raise Corporate Taxes and we can all get compensation. "

This mindset is part of the problem.

Haves and Have nots have different idea's for entightlement.

I feel a Karmic Debt because my Dad took more from the system then He put in..The money I put in will never go to me, and I'm working until I'm 80.. I accept that.
But...PAleasee...Don't run for office on peoples emotions that the Govenment will take care of everyone..

It's called a WOMB TO TOMB mentality.

I as an American don't want that much involvement... THANK YOU!

I lost a LOT of money in my life. I EARNED a lot too.

I'll get it back..because I work hard..

But after my Dad passes? I say get rid of the SS TAX !!! I'll take 50cents on the dollar I've had taken out of my paycheck since I was 13. OK..25cents.. Oh.. Congress just announced retirement age has moved to 68!!

I get it...I'll get ZERO?.. OK.. I'll cut my losses.....I'll volunteer to stop paying in...I Can't? WTF?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Nice post Bob. My in-laws are the same way.

MY issue on this. The government has fooled people that social security is retirement.
The money that they give you dictates where you live, how you live, what you buy, what you eat, what you can spend.

Instead of the government dictating that to you, why not determine it for yourself. I'm almost 50. I've paid into the system since I was a teen. I'm not counting on it. I'm not counting on my military retirement either.

Sure, almost 30 years, but I will determine MY future. Though I've worked for the government, I have never been foolish enough to trust it. I have saved and will provide for myself.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
well first off hope has been running down me leg for some time now. sure i wipe but it keeps coming out. and for change its the same old S#!% just a different shade. Obama hasnt done a horrible job dealing with what he has been handed but would be nice to see some of the trash being taken out time to time. all i can say about obama is hes been a good puppet and he'll get a place on the shelf with the rest of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I interpreted change to mean the end of the Bush foreign policies. However, Obama has pretty much continued these. Hope was just a silly campaign word. I used to be a pretty strong Republican before Bush and Obama. I am sliding into the they are all the same camp. Bush created a train wreck with the wars, continued devaluation of the dollar, and continued deficit spending. Obama should have spent his political capital in his first term fixing at least the wars. Instead he focused on healthcare, largely kept the Bush foreign and tax policies and kept up the spending. Unsustainable. I don't buy the NWO puppet or he is doing the best he can stuff. I think that there have been some cosmetic changes in the foreign and domestic rherotic, but aside from healthcare and maybe some liberal judges, I don't see a huge change between Bush and Obama. I think the situation would be about the same had McCain been elected. I do credit Obama with giving a relief valve to a very angry American public following the Bush years. But overall, I guess I have become dis-affected and cynical of politics. No rant here. Just my observation of the last decade or so.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

reply to post by allprowolfy

They are still here. Only now, they claim that Obama is a helpless puppet of the NWO

I don't believe in the NWO conspiracy or any of that nature, what I do believe is that Obama given the chance to bring about progressive policies, necessary policies, and he failed, moving to what previous presidents did, by voting for the patriot act, strengthening the wasteful war of drugs, libya, etc. I have the guts to question him, something most bush supporters did not and still do not do to this day to the man they so supported, twice. So now you're attacking former Obama supporters for questioning him and holding accountable. Uhuh.

How is Sarah Palin? Have you ever held her accountable since you support her candidacy for the presidency? Have you held her accountable over her hypocrisies for the values you claim to stand on? Am I wrong here? I do recall you saying you support Palin to the presidency, atleast over Obama. Did I misread your comments?
edit on 24-6-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I do not dislike any political party as a stand alone entity. I kinda don't trust any of them.
These quotes about sending young people off to war ,so they can't create civil unrest at home has always been in the back of my mind when I hear about a new reason why we must keep troops around the world for law and order:
www.quotegarden.com...

It seems to reason..if we bring all the troops home, What the F will they DO?
I personally believe that the Obama and Bush and Clinton and Bush Sr. Admins KNOW this.
We might as well conquer,divide and at have least one fraction of resistence off our soil while we're being attacked from all sides. (Software,Manufacturing,Taxes,S.S. TSA pick one)

YOUNG men and Women asking who is the bad guy that we just payed for loyalty?
Not here we won't. Too risky IMO. Here on a military base? BORED? Not good.

I don't dislike Tea Party affiliates. I knew they had to sell out to republicans or face extinction.

As Groucho Marx once said "I'd never belong to a club that would have me as a member."

Obama was a farce since day one. Was he a Bilder plant? Clone? Doesn't matter.
Even I wished him luck while I shook my head.

He has been, and is a disaster in spite of MSM still not admitting it. The power went to his head while his cronies set their adgenda.

Nothing new here over the last 4 presidents.

USA is losing power on a daily bases worldwide,based on our actions. Not words.
Who KNOWS what Hillary is saying behind Obamas back? It all smells. Smells bad.

A new leader errr President is just another shill.

Grassroots effort sounds good until we find out who's paying for the effort.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The really scarry thing about Obama is there is nothing to say about him that is good,he has gone way beyond the worst president in history comment.

The most scarry thing is he will most likely be reelected,not for what he is or is not but because of what this country has become.52% of the population doesent pay tax's.If Obama finds a way to bring about compleat amnesty there is 30 million votes right there along with the Dems and the handouts and the black vote and the unions Obama is in for another 4 years.(you Obama shills that want proof,go to Reelecting Obama).

With the retreads wana-bees and RINOS on the opposition weather it be GOP or Independants there is really nothing to stand up to an incumbant weather it be Obama or Bozo the clown....................i hope I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
actually the obama supporters have reverted to baby kissing and having fun with kids in the back of the limousine. That's what happens when the president screws up this badly, he starts shaking hands and kissing babies, they figure that'll be the only thing that can save him. I wouldn't be surprised if a phone conversation with his grandma is somehow "leaked" onto the internet so we can all hear what a sweet little boy he is talking to his grandma.

"hey grandma, I just bombed Libya again."

"Good boy, give that Gadaffi a good lickin for me."

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I really hope that any sane person would realise that when you are GIVEN the choices, it really is not a choice at all.

"The world we've made, as a result of the level of thinking we have done thus far, creates problems we cannot solve at the same level of thinking"
~ Albert Einstein.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i love how the guy got the nobel peace price based on PROMISES not RESULTS/ACHIEVEMENTS

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Actually, everyone has gone quiet.

Democrats/Progressives/Liberals voters have gone silent.
Republicans/Conservatives/Neo-Cons voters have gone silent.

If you pay attention to the Tea Party Movement, the only people who are talking are the politicians. It is as if the whole Tea Party has dissolved; thus, the name of the group has become a catch phrase.

Even though I am an undeclared voter, leaning Republican for 2012, I think there is an eerie sense of helplessness found on both sides. Democrats are not happy with Obama, and Republicans are not happy with their potentials.

Obama will win in 2012 due to a lack of interest on both sides. No one is enthusiastic with our future as a nation. Democrats have no ideas. Obama has no ideas. Republicans have no ideas.

If the Republicans are smart enough, they will focus on local and state races. Republicans should let Obama win his last four years, so that he will not be able to run for office again. While Obama serves for his last four years, the Republicans will have an opportunity to rebuild their base.

Prediction: I will not vote in the 2012 election, so that Obama can use up his last term. I am also willing to bet other undeclared voters feel the same way. I do not want to see him come back in 2016. If Obama is able to rebuild his franchise between 2012 and 2015, we will not be able to stop his agenda the second time around. Let Obama win the election with a weakened base, so you can impeach him if something goes wrong. You cannot defeat Obama at full strength.

edit on 6/24/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Obama IS the cult of personality:

Neon lights, Nobel Prize
When a mirror speaks, the reflection lies

I sell the things you need to be
I'm the smiling face of your T.V.

I tell you one and one makes three…

You gave me fortune, you gave me fame
You gave me power in your God's name
I'm every person you need to be