It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supporters have become silent!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by jimmyx
the republicans have been doing everything they can to make the president look bad, even if it means screwing the american people. republicans have been stopping appointments to critical government positions ever since Obama has been elected. the republicans DO NOT WANT this country to function with Obama as president. it's so blatant, that i personally would like to see republican leadership arrested for sedition and brought to trial.
but it won't happen...and with the right-wing supreme court ruling on allowing corporations (american and foreign) to donate unlimited millions to elections... this might be the last democratic president we see in this country.

my prediction....any type of money going to the poor or middle class to help them out, will be gone in ten years or less, plus corporate taxes will be nill or very little, and the wealthy will be paying little if anything in income taxes, all due to the right-wing republicans.

Dems had the house and senate until last year. Blaming that on Obamas' poor actions as POTUS is akin to blaming a poker loss on having just 4 aces instead of 5.

and the republicans had the largest amount of filibusters in the history of the of the united states. this stopped almost all legislation that would have HELPED the poor and middle class of the US.....
but it doesn't matter...the republicans that take care of the wealthy will get their way, as they have slowly been doing for decades.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Dems had a SUPER MAJORITY!!!

Tell me, document for me what the GOP has stopped because of a fillabuster??!?!?!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

the republicans have been doing everything they can to make the president look bad

Well honestly, Obama has made himself look poorly-we had nothing to do with that.

The Republicans are just pointing it/them out since there are so many examples from Obama-of poor judgement & leadership abilities (lack of). They want to make sure none of his screw up go un-noticed.

It is Politics.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If you were forced to go at life without the government holding your hand, the laundry bill just from your shorts would be huge.

Can I use this line in real life??

On side note, Ive met a few folks recently that voted for Obama.. not the entitlement crowd... and they are very disappointed. It was a nice civil convo and the one guy said he absolutely expected that Obama use the opportunity of his "being the first black prez" to make some real change. He said he pumped his kids up ( since they are a black family) and made it this huge positive thing... and was deflated pretty rapidly. It was the perfect opportunity with so much support to do it by the public, but he didnt take it. Problem with some is that Obama is the sitting president and the buck stops with him for what is happening while he is on watch. When he doesnt stand up and end the things initiated by previous administrations... he cant blame it elsewhere. In speaking with those who are not US Americans.. this is why he is perceived as weak. The blaming and little action to manifest this change we all heard so much about all over the globe.

In real life not so many behave like they do on here.. they dont defend him blindly at all costs or hate him just because he breathes. I dont know many birthers or obamabots in real life. Not in the circles I hang with anyway. Its just a terrible feeling of disappointment and now a disillusionment with the entire voting process. There is definitely a fear for the future of our country these days.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
This thread is about our current president and the idiots such as most of my family that voted for him. given a couple of years and nothing changed . Obama states he is only a one term president, BUT many on this sight are quit, and i want to know why
what happened

Did the hope and change turn into nothing indifferent

This post is not a hate thread, its all about my nemesis which i have not seen on here for ions, and others striking the same cord that Obama-Barry, has done nothing , so i want to know what happened to all the supporters of hope and change, and what is going to be your next choice in this continual circus jerk of idiots that the American people only can vote on

So why the silence people

edit on 24-6-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

Obama was elected for a couple of reasons, firstly, The Bush era angered and tired us americans. Secondly Our desire for such a need of drastic change came at the same time our nation is trying to over come racism. Thirdly being Bush era started a wronfgul war, and kept feeding the rich more and more, regardless of the democratic nominee, he or she would have taken those elections hands down. My regret is, Hilary didnt get the nomination.
What will happen on the next elections is going to be like a re-run movie, we will move to the republican party, let them dominate the house for 2 years,they will start wars for reasons they deem fit enough to not listen to us american voters, then the congress elections will put back in some democratic leadership and the road to leadership of our nation just keeps circling in a fiscous cycle.
We need to look outside our political boxes, and elect officials across the board that are not currently serving in the highest positions we americans so desperately need to change. We need to think about our needs for a change. RIght know the system isnt good enough for what kennedy said, dont ask what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country, I done enough for my country, I dotn want anything from my leadership except the knowing they actually care about us lower then rich peoples...peace

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

well, pajoly...i believe you will get your wish, republicans are going to start miraculously winning election after election. for me, the idea of leaving this country, for fear of retribution from the growing animosity of the right, has been slowly growing . i have had republican friends for over 4 decades now...but over the last 7 to 8 years, they have taken on an ugly demeanor towards me whenever we have discussed politics. for the last year i have not heard from them and they have not returned my calls, even for a simple dinner date with me and my wife.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by pajoly

well, pajoly...i believe you will get your wish, republicans are going to start miraculously winning election after election. for me, the idea of leaving this country, for fear of retribution from the growing animosity of the right, has been slowly growing . i have had republican friends for over 4 decades now...but over the last 7 to 8 years, they have taken on an ugly demeanor towards me whenever we have discussed politics. for the last year i have not heard from them and they have not returned my calls, even for a simple dinner date with me and my wife.

So what do you expect people to do when they see Obama as the demise of the US?
I have come to the same conclusion in life. There are people worth being around, but most are not. As it becomes a head into a brick wall action when dealing with them.
I will associate with people that see the truth, and not just blindly support or rally behind Obama, or any other political figure or party.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by pajoly

My wife and I would love to move the Canada and I could probably find sponsorship, having worked frequently with companies there and traveled extensively throughout Canada. We can't though because we both have kids and ex spouses and we can't take our kids away from access to our ex spouses.

I also tend to worry that the Christofacist epidemic (that also fosters mind numbing ignorance) is infecting Canada anyway and in 10 years Canadians may become as tribal and viciously Right as the U.S.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

It's the Velma Hart story that sums it up. She is exhausted from defending Obama.
The spiral of despair continues...............

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Tell me, document for me what the GOP has stopped because of a fillabuster??!?!?!

well...here's one article you might read:

www.cbsnews.com...

and another:

commonsense-gater.blogspot.com...
edit on 24-6-2011 by jimmyx because: more info

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

well...here's one article you might read:

www.cbsnews.com...

and another:

commonsense-gater.blogspot.com...
edit on 24-6-2011 by jimmyx because: more info

I love it.
When the Dems do it, it is right and just and just short of actions by a saint.
When the Reps do it, well they are just obstructing this, or that. Maybe possessed by Satan himself, doing the devil's bidding.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Me I make money and love the Repubs. They protect me and change the laws to make sure i stay rich. Bush was the best president we ever had, he helped me make tons of cash. You people out there making less than 100k we don't like you. Your poor and basically get in our way. I don't like Obama because he tries to help you poor losers. There are only 2 types of people in the USA Rich and Poor any President who helps the middle class is useless. middle class people are only good for cleaning my pool. You don't need medical benefits, you don't deserve college, and any money you have in the bank belongs to me anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by beezzer

This post is so utterly full of garbage that I can't possibly figure out where to start.

We're in the situation we're in now primarily due to the rampant deregulation and constant cuts demanded by people like you,

The last time I checked, Beezer wasn't bombing sovereign nations illegally. Like your "centrist, not-yet-a-liberal" President.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I received this in an email the other day, and thought it fit in here.

One day a fourth-grade teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up - fireman, mechanic, businessman, salesman... and so forth. However, little Justin was being uncharacteristically quiet, so when the teacher prodded him about his father, he replied, "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes to music in front of other men and they put money in his underwear. Sometimes, if the offer is really good, he will go home with some guy and stay with him all night for money." The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some exercises and took little Justin aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?" "No," the boy said, "He works for the Democratic National Committee and helped to get Obama elected, but it's too embarrassing to say that in front of the other kids."

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachyeon
Me I make money and love the Repubs. They protect me and change the laws to make sure i stay rich. Bush was the best president we ever had, he helped me make tons of cash. You people out there making less than 100k we don't like you. Your poor and basically get in our way. I don't like Obama because he tries to help you poor losers. There are only 2 types of people in the USA Rich and Poor any President who helps the middle class is useless. middle class people are only good for cleaning my pool. You don't need medical benefits, you don't deserve college, and any money you have in the bank belongs to me anyway.

Very true, there is no middle class.. but you may be surprised at what side of the bar YOU are on in reality. Im not poor either, but Im also smart enough to see that the bar between "poor" and "rich" is being reset as we speak. Today being rich means (to the "poor") that you have one more bean in your pot that he or she does. But to the govt, rich means something very different, and no longer is a 200-400K a yr bracket considered "rich".. we are way past 1980 levels of measurement here in 2011.. though some are still passing this off as if it were fact. More are stil stuck in the idea that they are rich, when they arent. They still live rich, but havent figured out their mistake. As time goes on if we stay on this road, you may have to rethink your classification you have labeled yourself with.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't think we should be too hard on the now silent Obama supporters. I'm embarrased to say that I voted solidly Republican up through the 2000 elections. If it weren't for the Patriot Act and discovering Mike Ruppert, I would still be in the dark, supporting one political party and demonizing the other.

We should embrace those who might be encouraged by their dissapointment with Obama to look beyond the left / right dog and pony show we've been given. If you harp on them with a "What do you think of Obama now?" attitude then you are just reinforcing the divide and conquer strategy that has allowed the banks to dominate us so far. I was pleasantly surprised to see some rapper the other day getting on Obama's case and calling him a terrorist. I never thought I would have much in common with a rap star, but if I saw that guy in person I would ask to shake his hand.

In 2008, I wrote in Ron Paul and I will do so again in 2012. If he gets elected, I hope he does what he promises. If not, I would feel the same disappointment that some Obama supporters feel now. I would hope that people wouldn't judge me too harshly for falling for another politician who told me what I wanted to hear.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If you were forced to go at life without the government holding your hand, the laundry bill just from your shorts would be huge. Get over yourself. Having the government hold your hand from cradle to grave is something YOU may want, but for the rest of us, we kinda like our freedoms.

G0d@**ed right. So good to hear someone else saying it as well. I, like my forefathers before me, want to be left ALONE. I don't need the government telling me where I go to the doctor, or what I can eat, or what I put into my body that hasn't been approved by the FDA, or the ATF says thats too large of a caliber. I am sick and tired of the fraud of the left/right paradigm thinking that "Gub'ment" knows best.

I submit to you, that someone I have never met and knows nothing about me, hasn't the first freaking clue as to what is in my best interest.

And before anyone jumps on the soapbox saying I just don't understand the situation, let me say this:

I lost my "Corporate America" job 2 years ago. I was "Director of Marketing" for a medium sized manufacturing company. It has led me into Bankruptcy, loss of savings, loss of car, etc. All the worst parts of country music.

But you don't see me whining and begging the US Government for handouts, because, despite the fact that they allowed special interests to CREATE this problem, it is not their responsibility to fix it. Its MINE.

Just like it is my responsibility to allow the "gub'ment" to govern only with my consent.

That's what it means to be "free". It means you don't resign yourself to slavery because you are capable of taking care of yourself.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Good for you. Sorry about your troubles, but with an attitude like that I'm sure they'll be short-lived.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by beezzer

This post is so utterly full of garbage that I can't possibly figure out where to start.

We're in the situation we're in now primarily due to the rampant deregulation and constant cuts demanded by people like you, insipid twits who honestly think that the deficit can be done away with by cutting taxes, who think jobs will be created by letting business move overseas, and who earnestly believe that gigantic tax breaks for the 0.5% will see massive increases in prosperity for the bottom 60%.

The people you're pissing on and calling it trickle-down almost universally have more personal responsibility to their name than you've ever glimpsed.

Does that include those in Wisconsin that instead of facing and debating an issue chose to abandon their sworn duties and responsibilities as elected officials by going AWOL and essentially running away? Is that what you mean by "personal responsibility"? Because if so....and I don't personally know Beezer anymore than I personally know our current Criminal in Chief, but I am sure that he has more "personal responsibility" than that

However don't get me wrong I am NOT standing by the right hand of the criminal element either. Upon hearing another ALL TOO FAMILIAR name of Mitt freaking Rommney or however is dumb ass name is spelled as our next great choice for the GOP side of the house...I knew right then and there that our government hadn't learned a single damn lesson that the American public tried teaching them at the November 2010 senate elections.

I was just attempting to make a point that's all

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That being said, it seems the "fix" may just be in returning to a simpler life and being self sufficient out in the country somewhere, because, the Gub'ment ain't making anything better.

Shipping more jobs away, and growing gub'ment jobs is just another ploy to make us depend on them.

case and point.

great flick (politicians use truth to tell lies, and artists use lies to tell truths...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join