It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Was set up by Debunkers = The Greatest conspiracy of all time !!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We humans are creatures of habit. We also believe we are not flawed. But every one of us is flawed in our each individual ways. Some of us might blow up topics out of proportion because what we thought it was a conspiracy. Like I once read a huge illuminati conspiracy about the muppets... seriously. We shouldn't debunk stuff. Sometimes we just should just flow with it, and not question things.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I can understand the op's feelings about how some members here would rather attack a poster or question his character or his mental heath rather than the post.
i myself have had the same kind of attacks and this i have to say is enough to get anyone down.
Now rather than get mad about it i can deduce that the member who resorts to such methods can not debunk the information i have provided so i must be on the right track.
You find the same response when you catch someone in a lie they recoil and strike out at you.
There are some members i have come across who spend alot of there time on sites that they believe to be a hoax and i find that these members can be the most vile in personnel attack's again i can deduce that anyone who spends that much time on a subject they don't believe again means i'm on the right track.
Don't get mad at these people if you feel they are given misinformation then use that to your advantage rather than let them know you know.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
"ATS Was set up by Debunkers"

Good, if there weren't debunkers we'd all still be living in the Dark Ages. Debunking is a vital part of gaining knowledge, otherwise every ludicrous claim would be considered fact.

Are you speaking of the debunkers of the Earth is Round theory?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The greatest conspiracy of all time is the conspiracy. Think about it!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Best part of this whole POS thread is the OPie doesnt even know the history of ATS.

but please moan on.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

I have to say that if you got a warning for writing numbers out with numbers instead of letters, that is just low and pathetic.

I do see a lot of what you are talking about on here, such as the jibes ,and insults to anyone who may have some sort of differing opinion. I realize that this site is for debate and disagreement, but the constant attacks on someones spelling ,as a means to discredit anything they may have to say, is really a low ball tactic.

You also should realize op, that it seems to me many of the moderators , who help run the show, seem to be involved with masonry. Not saying that masonry is all bad, but I believe with all my heart it is very dark and corrupt at the high levels...much like the catholic church is , in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I have to say that if you got a warning for writing numbers out with numbers instead of letters, that is just low and pathetic.

He lied about that. Just as he was purposefully deceptive in his thread about a UFO sighting.

You also should realize op, that it seems to me many of the moderators , who help run the show, seem to be involved with masonry. Not saying that masonry is all bad, but I believe with all my heart it is very dark and corrupt at the high levels...much like the catholic church is , in my opinion.

Are you now resorting to lies also?

Seriously? Many of the moderators? Where are you getting such incorrect information?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've said it before and will say it again. The pro-Zionist philosophies and anti-9/11 conspiracy foolishness pushed by all the mods here tells you everything you need to know about this site.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by gabby2011

He lied about that. Just as he was purposefully deceptive in his thread about a UFO sighting.

Are you now resorting to lies also?

Seriously? Many of the moderators? Where are you getting such incorrect information?

I'm sorry to hear he lied....and from a thread I read I assumed there were quite a few, but I probably over estimated...so sorry if I am way off on that info.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
I've said it before and will say it again. The pro-Zionist philosophies and anti-9/11 conspiracy foolishness pushed by all the mods here tells you everything you need to know about this site.

-sigh-

Care to enlighten us, or will you leave us all hanging on vaguely veiled accusations (of some sort)?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The pro-Zionist philosophies and anti-9/11 conspiracy foolishness pushed by all the mods here tells you everything you need to know about this site.

What are you on about? Pro-zionist bias at ATS? HaH, you're mad, or reading the wrong threads, as long as the discussion of zionism and Israel isn't merely a vehicle to spout racist crap, it's complete allowed. In fact, I've received various "applause" from ATS staff with this account and the one I had to close, on anti-zionist posts.

As for 911, i honestly don't see where you are coming from as those topics are here in the hundreds.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I have to disagree with you here. I understand what you are trying to say but facts are not determined by consensus. Galileo came to his conclusions using careful observation. Just because he was not believed by the church at the time does not mean that heliocentrism was not truth. It is the same with anything today. It is evidence that determines facts not what a consensus of the people wish to believe.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

i dont really let it effect me when i get "Duped" by a hoax, i appreciate it in a way because that person has taught me a lesson

And it is usually the debunkers that reveal the hoaxes. We need people to point out when we are wrong. Not by just saying "you are wrong" and leaving the thread but by objectively looking at whatever the evidence may be then coming to a conclusion using rationality. That is the way claims are examined. At least the way they should be. If we didn't have debunkers it would be impossible to weed through all the nonsense and get to the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Simply put, if all you are looking for is people who believe the exact same thing as you, you are not interested in the truth. You are interested in making friends. That's fine too. But don't come here and complain that the rest of us are using the scientific method.

Without people calling out the BS you'll go nowhere.

This is the trend I've noticed, if everyone doesn't immediately slap your back and tell you how "awake" you are, they are disinfo.

People complain about "free speech" when, in fact, they have no expectation of that here at all. Then those same people, whilst still using the same breath, decide that if you disagree you shouldn't comment. That's just insane.

all you complainers are insane.

sure, some people are fed up with ridiculous claims, and sure, some of them are less than kind in pointing that out. Take it for what it's worth, if you want a closed minded group of "believers" and nothing more, there are plenty of sites out there.

If you are here for truth, suck it the hell up.

What good is a site if all people do is post random stuff, with no evidence or science behind it, and everyone simply agrees and takes it as fact? That's completely useless.

This lead me to a conclusion I posted in a rant way back, most of you aren't here for the truth at all. You are lonely people looking to make contact with other people. The rest of us want answers, and answers require evidence and investigation, which goes beyond giving stars and flags, it requires actual WORK, and SCIENCE.

Who decides what is a ridiculous claim? The so called crackpots are the ones that will probably eventually lead us to something worth learning.

No problem that people disagree but why do they have to say in the 2nd or 3rd post down..." move along people...nothing here to see here"?

If someone posts something they think is interesting and the people who read the post don't think so, why don't they just move along without telling everyone else to do so...don't like the post don't reply unless there truly is something to debunk NOT just insult. All the little crud posts would dry up if no one posts replies.

The atmosphere on ATS is changing from one of... we are willing to give you a look and a listen no mater what... to if you can't prove it don't post it.

People are personally ripped to threads, their thoughts, tastes, interests, intelligence. Why can't an uneducated tribal dweller in the jungle show us what he saw/found or thought and let those interested look and the rest just not! Why do we have to make that person feel they are not worthy to share a thought?

NP with debunking by pointing out possibilities, possible error and leading to good conversations and thought and eventually help everyone decide what they believe themselves, but now it seems that the best contributors of the past only have jabs and negative comments with no conversation at all, that is not debunking and it is not presenting constructive thought.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The reason I finally joined ATS after years of lurking was partially due to the debunkers. I have occasionally gone to that other site as well as Alex Jones' sites and not many of them seem to really care about the truth. They want to believe what they want and thats it. Contradictory evidence be damned! I'm not making a generalization about those sites, it just seems that ATS has a higher number of critical thinkers.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

I have to disagree with you here. I understand what you are trying to say but facts are not determined by consensus. Galileo came to his conclusions using careful observation. Just because he was not believed by the church at the time does not mean that heliocentrism was not truth. It is the same with anything today. It is evidence that determines facts not what a consensus of the people wish to believe.

But people have to present evidence first and if they are continuously thrashed and whipped they may never do so, an environment of listening with courtesy would lead to more people putting their ideas out there which may lead to new ideas evidence and eventually facts.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolo

i once recieved a warning note for writing ....."100'000s" and not expressing myself in a suitable manner in which people could understand me, i was shocked that just because i had wrote, "Hundreds of thousands as a number, the post was under threat of being closed. Well Congrats guys, you've made a forum in which every post has to perfectly placed and perfectly written, where a heated debate immediately gets "Posts removed" and Thread Closed" "1000s (Thousands) of points have been deducted from you"

Did that really happen? Because thats so asinine i just can't believe it. And i don't perfectly write everything i've never had a warning.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

Here is a thread i started take a look I feel its relevant.

ATS makes my mind explode

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolo
I Once made a post simply pointing out some freemasonic buildings in my city, by the end of the thread, i had been deemed a half life, ill-educated, crazy sad being.

do you mean this thread?

I read through it again and didn't find anything that sounds close to what you are talking about. Maybe you can point me to the part where you felt threatened.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by megabytz

But people have to present evidence first and if they are continuously thrashed and whipped they may never do so, an environment of listening with courtesy would lead to more people putting their ideas out there which may lead to new ideas evidence and eventually facts.

Of course, I totally agree. No one should ever be thrashed for presenting something no matter how insane it may seem to another. People should always present evidence in a respectful manner and they should also be able to own up if they are shown to be wrong. However, when people continually post known hoaxes and outright lies I can understand how others could get upset. That is still not an excuse to attack the individual personally. I'd like to see more people use the rules of logic. It is an excellent way to get to the truth of a topic, or at least make progress.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join