It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occultus Aperio Nosce Te Ipsum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The secret to, "know thyself".

1) Become Aware of Your Awareness

2) Know You Are That Awareness

3) Realize That Awareness Transcends Everything in Existence

Know Yourself and You Shall Be Known

When you realize, internalize, and live from the position that you are more than your temporary body; that you existed prior to this "life", then you become that eternal self.

If you concentrate on the temporary body then you live in poverty and become that poverty.

The true essence of You is no more and no less than the infinite, aware of itself.

When you identify with your true essence you ping the deepest level of existence. A conscious connection is realized.

The very fabric of existence now recognizes you as itself. It "sees" you. You are known.

How To Decrease Existential Viscosity

1) Become Your Essence, Your Awareness

2) Exercise Awareness Awareness

3) Put Understanding into Action to increase Wisdom

4) Put Wisdom into Action to increase Awareness Density

Where the Paradoxes Coexist There You will Find Infinity

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Are you a Freemason?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by General Izer

Interesting...

Got any more?

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

To be aware, and to be aware of your awareness is to truly know thyself!
We must be ever mindful of, aware of, meditate and contemplate the 18 dhatus.

18 Dhatus of Buddhism

Sense Organs:
• Eyes
• Ears
• Nose
• Tongue
• Body
• Mind

Objects of Sense:
• Form
• Sound
• Smell
• Taste
• Texture
• Mental Faculty

Sense Consciousnesses:
• Eye-Consciousness
• Ear-Consciousness
• Nose-Consciousness
• Taste-Consciousness
• Body-Consciousness
• Mind-Consciousness

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I have been a lurker on this site for quite a while. I need to make make an introduction, and I will. But I found this post so funny. You can not just simply tell people the truth without their games getting in the way. The post was simple sweet and true. The name of the game is to understand what awareness is. Too simply start paying attention not to what you heard, what you been indoctrinated to believe, what you have studied or what you even like.

I find it so hilarious the truth can be simply given, and still like the sufi's say people are still too blind to see, deaf to hear and to numb at heart to really perceive it. We have to make games, show off our mental superiority and analyze this post. Instead of just saying I will pay attention to awareness and do it. The human tendency to run pungent and trans formative instructions like this through our filters of self reveals the prison we are trapped within. Well the admonition is to know one self! What better example then reading the posts after the original. This is how the self function. Man nature is like air trapped in a jar believing it is not still air or that it is truly trap and there is no escape. And we wonder why instructions like this has very little trans formative value- true instructions are always converted into an ego intellectual activity by the vain brain.

Wisdom is not information. Wisdom is to intrinsic awareness as information is to self-concept. Put that peace together read the post carefully. Out of all the great post I read here on ATS and trust me there are a lot of great minds here, this post has bite to it. I wish I can star and flag it. But all I can say is Kudos and thank you. You got this lurker off the bench. LOL Loving IT

edit on 24-6-2011 by pranakichi because: Misspellings and incomplete thoughts. Didn't want to make an idiot out of myself in my first post.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pranakichi

I was not trying to compartmentalize nor ego-filter the message of the OP. I fully agree with the OP, and understand it through experience, not from 'outside' information or research.

For me at least, spiritual growth has been a long process of effort, trial and error. How does one become aware that they are aware if they do not even know the basic faculties of physical awareness? I was simply laying down additional ground-work for any beginners that may become confused by the truth of the OP. There is only truth in the OP, but one must take steps to attain the understanding. It's not as easy as "I will pay attention to awareness and do it," because as I said, some do not even know the basics of physical awareness, let alone spiritual awareness.

If you take me as "showing off mental superiority" in this thread, that is your view, not mine. I was only in accord to the OP, while trying to give further basics to beginners. I didn't understand the wisdom in the OP over night, and I am trying to help those scratching their heads at it. I hope I am not the object of further ridicule. May Peace be upon you.

P.S.
You seem very intelligent and wise. I am anxious to see what you will add to our enlightenment. It's a must to look within, but it's always nice to hear from the experiences and truths of others. We're all on different levels and in different ways.

edit on 6/24/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

Are you a Freemason?

No. They do know some of the universal truths though.

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Interesting...

Got any more?

~Namaste

I'll add anything I think of.

Originally posted by Sahabi

To be aware, and to be aware of your awareness is to truly know thyself!

Originally posted by pranakichi

I have been a lurker on this site for quite a while. I need to make make an introduction, and I will. But I found this post so funny. You can not just simply tell people the truth without their games getting in the way. The post was simple sweet and true. The name of the game is to understand what awareness is. Too simply start paying attention not to what you heard, what you been indoctrinated to believe, what you have studied or what you even like.
[Snip]
But all I can say is Kudos and thank you. You got this lurker off the bench. LOL Loving IT

It is funny. What I can count on is the ring of truth. Even if it doesn't make it through the fog it will be remembered at some level. Then when a truth manifests that matches the frequency there will be recognition and connection. If this thought process is correct then I suspect that is why people feel compelled to give away what they have been given, even if it's not recognized at the time of delivery.

I'm glad you decided to jump in. I don't post too much myself. You gotta love the simplicity of truth intertwined with the complexity of existence.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Vibration occurred within the infinite void.

Simultaneously, a field of awareness formed to surround the vibration.

You are both the vibration and the field of awareness.

Infinity is your canvas. Vibration is your paint. Awareness is your brush.

These things are not yours. They are you.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

For me at least, spiritual growth has been a long process of effort, trial and error. How does one become aware that they are aware if they do not even know the basic faculties of physical awareness?

Ah, I didn't take his post as being directed at you. I seen it in a more general sense. Either way, you are right. It takes desire, will, and a lot of effort to gain and distill knowledge to the point where it can be conveyed in a few short phrases.

If one can come to the personal realization that all information received on this planet is distorted in some way, then they can both transcend all schools of thought and integrate all schools of thought.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

At first I thought he was speaking in general and not directing anything towards me, but these words of his seems to indicate that he was;

"We have to make games, show off our mental superiority and analyze this post. Instead of just saying I will pay attention to awareness and do it. The human tendency to run pungent and trans formative instructions like this through our filters of self reveals the prison we are trapped within. Well the admonition is to know one self! What better example then reading the posts after the original."

My reply was not to argue, but to only explain myself so that I was not understood to be trying to "show off any mental superiority." I was only trying to add to your truthful OP by explaining the basic concepts of the physical awareness faculties. My mistake for any misunderstandings.

Let's move on and change the vibe of this rebuttal, counter-rebuttal. Peace.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I also don't post here on ATS very often, but must say I read the 'Philosophy and Metaphysics' section daily.
So, i thought i'd pipe in as well in order to hopefully try add to the discussion

After a year of intense philosophical transformation, I have to say that it all started when I read the saying, "Know thyself, and thou shalt know the Universe and God".
Something just rang true with me when I read it. I managed to apply it to my life, and can safely say that I no longer live in the same world that I used to. I was missing out on certain colors, missing out on possible joy.

The only thing that halted my progress was thinking that I understood the saying completely. After reading your original post, I realize there are still so many facets I have yet to explore. Thank you for reminding me to never assume I have finished mastering any idea, or applying any skill.

Originally posted by General Izer

I have one question to ask you, or anyone who may offer some guidance. Are there any pointers to help me with point 1? By 'becoming your essence', do you mean being totally engrossed in what ever activity you are doing?
For example: If you are writing a song, you should become the melody, flow with the rhythm and hear the completed song in the air before you are able to capture it?
For me it seems easy to act like this when I am being creative, but not as easy when I am carrying on with certain daily activities. Point 1 seems to be a stumbling block for me.

I'm sorry if I am not making sense. As we all know, the english language is never very friendly with subjects in this section of ATS. It seems that my mental dictionary is missing some entries

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

At first I thought he was speaking in general and not directing anything towards me, but these words of his seems to indicate that he was;

"We have to make games, show off our mental superiority and analyze this post. Instead of just saying I will pay attention to awareness and do it. The human tendency to run pungent and trans formative instructions like this through our filters of self reveals the prison we are trapped within. Well the admonition is to know one self! What better example then reading the posts after the original."

But Ahhhh indeed the post was made in general, my new very well informed friends. Semantics are important. Please note that I wrote "WE". As seekers of the truth, we must humbly admit that the way in which we often go about engaging in our search that we are utilizing faulty tools designed to function in a certain way in accords which makes its possible for us to co-author this subjective reality we love to assume is the real deal from time to time.

Before continuing, I wish to apologize to anyone who has taken my post personally. Yet as I wrote it I knew some would. It is human nature to read things and view all of reality from a singular point of view- not an inclusive one. To be fair, It can be said that since I was speaking in the inclusive one can say," hey he is talking about me." So yes I was and at the same time I was not. I was talking about the commonality of faulty perception and how it often prevents us all from simply taking an instruction and performing the task to the maximum without over thinking it. We must find ways of utilizing the faulty tools of self to move beyond self. This can only happen when one is willing to admit that self is nothing more than data and the way in which that data is influenced by universal forces known to us as biological drives and to others as the manifestation of the universal ego in human beings. As I stated before, the OP has real bite to it. And this continuing dialogue is proof of that.

We all get lost in the process of becoming without realizing that process is nothing more then the time we waste holding onto the comfort of our apparent trues until we are willing to let it go. Thus is the nature of change. We don't change because rather or not our present is good or bad. Our insubstantial self finds ways of utilizing the many meaning we have given to our past to validate its own existence. The vary nature and inner working of thought is a barrier to wisdom. So whenever we see information being presented, when the opportunity to apply a real technique is given, we can rightly and correctly assume this is the sneaky self once again derailing US. Which was the point of my post which just so happen to open the door to more dialogue which would allow us all to share in exploring the corrective that can be applied when we find ourselves doing so.

Yet many failing to realize this as illustrated when they assume not by fault truly of their own that I was speaking directly to anyone or putting people down which I would never do. I am too familiar with fault as I do the same thing and am prone to being misled by the self fight to survive. This explains why it is important to temper understanding with compassion.

At the heart of he matter of the many responses this post will generate, you will find the devastating havoc the western Cartesian (the separation of consciousness and matter) stance has had on the western mind. Our notion of being and becoming is heavily influence by this notions as indicated by many who feel a need to label the path as spiritual or scientific instead of naturalism. There is no becoming. There is only acknowledging that that in which you truly are you are already that. But just as it has been describe in Plato myth of the cave, we have become to fixated on what we are projecting and considering to project to realize that all these movement of thoughts- the need for recognition of the consciousness of the eyes, ears, nose, touch and so forth- are nothing more then illusions too. And that quite possibly we have been mislead to believe that focusing on such things our barriers too. There is more that can be said to provide greater clarity for my post. But already I feel that the intelligibility of this group is sufficient enough to get it. Especially when they reflect on this post and my original.

All one need to to take advantage of the beautiful original quote is simply take what is before them a cup, a pencil whatever it doesn't matter and just pay attention to it. If one can do so, without imaging or wanting a result and without anticipation of a benefit one would find their awareness in a relatively small amount of time switching from the overuse normal function to another. Quite possibly there one can truly engage in understanding awareness by means of direct experience. It can and does get to be that simple. (I offer this to those who are able to suspend needing to think about this matter and just like the Nike commercial stated JUST DO IT. LOL). Thanks for the feedback everyone. Special thank to the OPter.

In this market place, where there is a new guru of the month popping up endlessly like weeds, we must stop and consider just as theoretical physicist that simple straightforward claims and techniques tend to hold more truth than elaborate wrung out explanations.

edit on 24-6-2011 by pranakichi because: correction of spelling errors.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

In what other manner can I respond except by; Bravo

I accept responsibility for confusing inclusive for exclusive.

It is obvious that your understandings are beyond mine, and I am enthused to have gained so much from so little time from you. The moment I read your post I instantly understood the concepts and illustrations, although I've not yet delved that deeply into the understanding of self, awareness, or existence of which you speak.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If I stop trying to "know", will I just "be"?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dyllels
Thank you for reminding me to never assume I have finished mastering any idea, or applying any skill.

Originally posted by General Izer

I have one question to ask you, or anyone who may offer some guidance. Are there any pointers to help me with point 1? By 'becoming your essence', do you mean being totally engrossed in what ever activity you are doing?
For example: If you are writing a song, you should become the melody, flow with the rhythm and hear the completed song in the air before you are able to capture it?
For me it seems easy to act like this when I am being creative, but not as easy when I am carrying on with certain daily activities. Point 1 seems to be a stumbling block for me.

I'm sorry if I am not making sense. As we all know, the english language is never very friendly with subjects in this section of ATS. It seems that my mental dictionary is missing some entries

Indeed at this level of conversation, language is being stretched to its limit. You are welcome of course. I'll attempt to explain what I mean and how I put it into action.

This step 1 (and 2) are really just the top 3 steps put together. Become aware of awareness. Know you are that awareness. And know that you, as that awareness, transcend existence. I used them there to get the thought stream to the point of "Awareness Density". The increase in density (complexity) of awareness decreases the viscosity we feel from existence.

It doesn't necessarily mean being engrossed in any particular thing. It simply means exercising your awareness so that you can turn its attention in on itself. Then you just kind of explore this state. Memorize feelings associated with it. Take note of any thoughts and so on.

Any work done in this area is cumulative. So even if you can invert your awareness back on itself for 5 seconds, it will add up as long as you do it consistently.

After awhile, your awareness of your awareness comes easy. You have by this point felt the difference between awareness and body consciousness. You can then more easily work from this essence.

Become Your Essence, Your Awareness

The word "become" here may not be the most appropriate. We are already our awareness. It might be better to say "Reintegrate with Your Essence, Your Awareness". Another way to say it is, "Realize You Are Your Essence, Your Awareness".

Your conscious awareness of your essence will increase the unconscious awareness of your essence. In other words it will become a natural habit. Just like learning to write. It's tough when you start out. But now you do it naturally without much thought. It becomes your tool. It becomes part of you. The same goes with any of these deeper level exercises.

So just sit for a minute. Clear errant thoughts. Become aware of your surroundings. Then become aware of that which just became aware of its surroundings. Feel it. Memorize the feeling. When you are able to hold that feeling for any length of time then you can expand awareness back out to your surroundings while being aware of that which is aware. And after awhile you can practice multi-level simultaneous awareness.

I hope I helped explain it better. If not, feel free to ask anything.
edit on 24-6-2011 by General Izer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

They say ignorance is bliss. Also, many that have come to know things don't feel so blissful.

I had a hypothesis, I tested it, and have the results. The results are specific to me personally but they may help you.

The results are; knowledge, at a certain level, is bliss.

Basically, you can both "know" and "be". It seems in order to get there you need to first separate the essence of things. Then take each separate unit and expand it out to maximum thought and feeling. Then reintegrate those essences back to form a much larger, denser unit of knowledge. As knowledge becomes understanding and understanding becomes wisdom and wisdom becomes knowing without thought, your density of knowledge weighs on the universal consciousness field. This in turn increases your "be"ness.

I think I should say that another way. Always seek to know. Also, meditate and just be. Explore them both to their end points. What happens is...

Where the Paradoxes Coexist There You will Find Infinity

Knowing and Being become inseparable. Every step becomes a knowing meditation.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

JUST DO IT
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Special thank to the OPter.

You are welcome. Excellent post.

The vary nature and inner working of thought is a barrier to wisdom.

This reminded me of something I remembered earlier but it didn't quite fit then.

Think of new ways to think.

The mind is infinite. Utilization of the mind is not just structured language moving from thought A to thought B to thought C. In fact, as many have realized, this learned way of thinking is part of what keeps humanity enslaved.

Anyway, great post.
edit on 25-6-2011 by General Izer because: clarity

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Who knows? But it definitely sounds like something I would try.
LOL.
(second line didn't have anything else to say. Wanted to make sure I stay in the mod guidelines people. I am having fun with this site. Loving ATS metaphysics forums. I think I found a new addiction.)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Evolve Situational Awareness into Existential Awareness

...or (How To Ascend Seven Octillion Atoms Simultaneously)

1) Commune with Your Gravity

2) Think with Your Electromagnetism

3) Feel with Your Space-Time Fabric

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So then what is this ? Is this a game? Are all of us trying to find our way out? Maybe some don't want to leave? But we want out! Don't we? Awareness! Great! Ok now how do we use that knowledge to GET OUT of here? It's like I'm overlooking one simple,stupid little thing that's right in front of me but I just can't see it! Help!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join