It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hailstorm in Lochee, Dundee, Scotland - 23 June 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Before anyone wonders why I put this in the General Conspiracies area, I do so, because something MUST be wrong. We are being lied to about what is happening to our planet.

This was 70 mile from me, yesterday.
I live in Scotland, and this should be when our country is hot and sunny,
We had one day, about a week ago, where is was scorching hot.
Since, rain and its been cold. At the 3 min mark on this video, the lad says "This is June"
I said the same about the rain we have had for the last week.

This is Scottish Summer time, we should all be at the beach turning white skinned to a pale blue (That is our suntan)

Video:

Even a Scotsman like myself will go out on an average day with shorts on, a t-shirt and a unbrella just incase.
But this isnt right. Really, this, is, not, right.

What is happeneing.
Others here are from Edinburgh, Scotland or close, and come on, you must be saying/thinking the same.
All its done is rain, That weather system missed me by 30something miles yesterday (Today really, as I am still awake, its 06+am (I have sleep issues)

Madness.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
A few pictures also:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hail is normal in the summer.
www.usatoday.com...
www.ucar.edu...
edit on 6/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Here is another video from someone's front door
on the same day
where we can see the hail coming down.

In both videos,
it's nice to see
people are in such high spirits.

A positive mental attitude is the number one rule of survival.

David Grouchy

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Hail is normal in the summer.
www.usatoday.com...
www.ucar.edu...

Oh stop it, and stop it now.
The last 3 summers I can remenber have been like winter.
The last 3 winters I remenber have been weeks and weeks of snow,
This snow thing used to happen in Scotland a lot when I was a kid (Im mid 30s now)
The last 3 years, the weather has been unsual to say the least.

Its not right. and as they said in trainspotting, the lad that I sound like, "Its a shyt state of affairs"

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
An experience, for sure!

What if: .. (a little allowance here):: .. What if there were hot particles from Fukishima in the atmosphere, and your benevolent G^ds, just sent them all down to the ground in a big storm of rain and hail?
You would not be breathing them; and by the time they were contaminating something else .. someone (some alert someone) would have detected their presence and be initiating counter measures for you all !!! ...

Nice shots of the hail. When we were in S. Oregon, we never got any snow .. only tiny hail ...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

West End, Dundee:

June 24, 2011
Normal: High 61º, Low 53º
Yesterday: High 64.3º, Low 48.9º
Record: High 71º(1999), low 42º(1999)

June 24, 2000
High 55º, Low 48º

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I'm totaly with you on this. I'm from Ayrshire where we used to be able to sun bath from late may till sept, it was 13 degrees here yesterday. Scotlands weather IS rubbish most of the time but C'mon. Oh btw local gardners are claiming their gardens are about 1 month behind.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by shauny

I'm totaly with you on this. I'm from Ayrshire where we used to be able to sun bath from late may till sept, it was 13 degrees here yesterday. Scotlands weather IS rubbish most of the time but C'mon. Oh btw local gardners are claiming their gardens are about 1 month behind.

In my near 50 years on this planet, I've never known of anywhere in the UK where you could sunbathe from May till September!

The hail storm in the OP is definitely unusual, but the weather in the UK no matter what season, always chucks up a few surprise events every year, I fail to see any conspiracy here.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
it suppose to be hot here to but im freezing my ass off
i think u have a point op
but if paghe thinks its mnormal coorrect that knows it is well i guess well be fine shivers

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I live in Australia and we get more hail in Summer.

It's our storm season

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
i am in the highlands

and there has been a noticeable change to

our weather in the last four years

the people that own the home that i am in put a solar panel on the roof of this house for hot water

the first year was great plenty of hot water all summer
but now i am lucky if i get 2 days hot water all summer

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Hail has nothing to do with temperature. We had a hail storm here the other day.. It was about 85 out..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
There's bad weather all over the Island, down south there have been large bushfires and very bad thunderstorms/hail downpours.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Yes, hail is a summertime phenomenon. You don't get hail in the winter that I can recall.

That being said, this is some of the worst hail I have ever seen. The ice sheets that formed were unreal! I would say that this one can definitely be added to the growing pile of evidence that the weather has definitely gotten more extreme lately in every dimension in which it can be measured.

Nice try Phage in trying to make it all look absolutely normal, but your stats do not equate with what people are actually experiencing.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I live in the SE of England, in Kent. It has rained every day for the last 4 weeks, without fail. Every single day. I'm not exaggerating. I moved just over 4 weeks ago, and it started just after I moved in. I don't think there's anything 'up', I think it's just the weather, dude.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Let me try to explain to you why this is actually normal and not a conspiracy. If you care to learn about weather, you will see that this isn't caused by Elenin, or chem trails, or whatever...

The reason our weather has been poor of late is because of the same reason we had a lot of snow in November/December. We have a persistent feature of high pressure over Greenland which is producing a blocking effect. This high pressure, once established becomes very hard to move. As the low pressure systems roll over the Atlantic, the pick up energy and moisture and are "bounced" off of the high pressure and thrown towards the UK.

In normal years, this high pressure sits further south and prevents a lot of the low pressure systems from making direct impact on the UK. Our summer will be like this probably until August, i would get used to it if i was you. A blocking feature can take months to move...this feature will take months to move.

This is NOT a conspiracy. It is natural, it is hailstones from an intensely energetic cumulonimbus cloud which probably had lightning in it at some point.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Yes you do, its usually called Graupel...

Look it up...just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
As others have said it hail is normal. Nothing to worry about. I'd personally love if we'd get those golf/tennis ball sized chuncks wreaking havoc around here. I'm bored

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I heard the reason we are having such crappy summers in the UK is due to the weakening of the Gulf stream that usually bring s a warmer climate, apparently it has been weak for the last few years.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join